PDA

View Full Version : Top Airports where TSA employees were fired for stealing from travelers

aGameOfThrones
10-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Your suitcase has been tagged and whisked away for a TSA security check before being loaded onto a plane en route to your final destination. How safe are the belongings inside? The TSA has fired nearly 400 employees for allegedly stealing from travelers, and for the first time, the agency is revealing the airports where those fired employees worked.

1. Miami International Airport (29)

2. JFK International Airport (27)

3. Los Angeles International Airport (24)

4. Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (17)

5. Las Vegas-McCarren International Airport (15)

6. Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and New York-Laguardia Airport (14 each)

8. Newark Liberty, Philadelphia International, and Seattle-Tacoma International airports (12 each)

11. Orlando International Airport (11)

12. Houston-George Bush Intercontinental Airport and Salt Lake City International Airport (10 each)

14. Washington Dulles International Airport (9)

15. Detroit Metro Airport and Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (7)

17. Boston-Logan International, Denver International and San Diego International airports (6)

20. Chicago O'Hare International Airport (5)

http://news.yahoo.com/top-20-airports-tsa-theft-220010013--abc-news-topstories.html

tangent4ronpaul
10-23-2012, 11:39 PM
How many were charged, tried, convicted and spent time in jail?

-t

thoughtomator
10-23-2012, 11:45 PM
In other words, TSA agents have been stealing from travelers at every single airport at which they have been posted.

GunnyFreedom
10-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Strangely enough I am somehow disappointed to not see my own state listed here.

AlexAmore
10-24-2012, 01:15 AM
In other words....high populations = high theft. Brilliant. Glad we got that sorted out.

RickyJ
10-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Don't fly with valuables, just don't do it unless you are prepared to lose them. If you must transport valuables then take out insurance on them and/or take transportation where you will never have to have valuables in the hands of strangers when you aren't there to supervise them.

bunklocoempire
10-24-2012, 01:48 AM
4th Amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I have yet to meet a terrorist, and as such and living on an island, everybody I know has their 4th amendment violated when they fly.

Do you know a terrorist that flies?

I didn't think so. *uck off TSA.

nobody's_hero
10-24-2012, 04:36 AM
How many were charged, tried, convicted and spent time in jail?

-t
Heh.

Keep in mind this only mentions people who were *fired* for stealing. I wonder if there are hundreds more who were punished by being given paid time off. That's usually what happens to authorities who break the law, right?

Danke
10-24-2012, 06:09 AM
Don't put valuables in your checked luggage, duh. And also, smear some chocolate (or the real thing) on a pair of underwear and leave those on top so their the first thing seen when opening luggage.

tangent4ronpaul
10-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Heh.

Keep in mind this only mentions people who were *fired* for stealing. I wonder if there are hundreds more who were punished by being given paid time off. That's usually what happens to authorities who break the law, right?

Actually, they are usually transferred to a different position/location and given a promotion...

-t