PDA

View Full Version : "I'm not going to die at Arby's tonight. I'm just not."

aGameOfThrones
10-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Quick! You're being robbed at knifepoint. What's the first thing you do? For most of us, unless we're actually put in that situation or have some prior training in how to escape unharmed, it's hard to know how we would react.

An Arby's employee named Maria Archer is grateful to have escaped last Friday, when a man attempted to rob the restaurant where she worked. Archer, who was an assistant manager, said she was doing the closing duties at around 1 a.m. when she heard the doorbell ring. She assumed it was her co-worker who had just left and went to answer the door. To her surprise, it was a man with a knife, who tried to push her into a corner. Archer's instincts kicked in, and somehow she was able to push the man away and give herself enough time to escape through the drive-through window. She recalled thinking, "I'm not going to die at Arby's tonight. I'm just not."

Here's where things get interesting. When Archer returned to work, she was fired.

A vice president of human resources in Arby's corporate office told a WHIO-TV reporter that he felt badly for Archer but that she knowingly violated the company's safety and security policy, and she had been warned before.

This is the third time that this Fairborn, Ohio, Arby's location has been robbed in a six-month period. Archer said that while she was working there, no alarm or security cameras were ever installed to help protect from future intrusions. So far, the suspect has not been apprehended.

Archer said that she does not want her job back, even though January would have marked her 23rd year with the company. She's thankful to have escaped with her life.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/arby-manager-fired-escaping-armed-robbery-170812916.html

RickyJ
10-23-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm not eating at Arby's again until they hire this woman back, give her a pay raise, install appropriate security equipment, and apologize for being an ass to her!

Keith and stuff
10-23-2012, 11:18 PM
If the company installed an alarm or video camera, she may have incorrectly used them, also. She let the robber in the Arby's because she was too lazy to see who was trying to get in. She did this knowing that the store is in an extremely dangerous area and had been robbed 2 other times within 6 months. With her working at that location, it made sense not to install additional security measures.

Origanalist
10-23-2012, 11:21 PM
With her working at that location, it made sense not to install additional security measures.
??

fr33
10-23-2012, 11:32 PM
This has lowered my opinion of Arbys.

Keith and stuff
10-23-2012, 11:33 PM
??

She let the robber in the store. She had previously done something similar and was warned to not do it again. She didn't care and was too lazy to follow the policy of not letting robbers in the store.

GunnyFreedom
10-23-2012, 11:42 PM
She let the robber in the store. She had previously done something similar and was warned to not do it again. She didn't care and was to lazy to follow the policy of not letting robbers in the store.

Actually, Keith has a solid point here. If the manager had followed the security protocols, apparently the very ones she's been disciplined twice for previously, the robber would never have gained access to the store in the first place to have put her in danger.

I admit that when I first read this, I had the same emotional gut reaction as fr33 and Ricky, but Keith is right. She was only endangered in the first place because she let the robber in. If they have corrected her on this twice before and she didn't correct her behavior, then letting her go could have been in the best interest of her own safety for refusing to follow the back door protocols.

Who knows, the next time the robber may have had a gun, and may not have cared to let her go free. Arby's firing her here may well have saved her life.

Keith, you changed my mind on this, and I believe you are right.

Still, not having appropriate video and security apparatus is pretty stupid, but that particular decision would not be Arby's corporate, but the Regional Franchise Manager.

Origanalist
10-23-2012, 11:44 PM
She let the robber in the store. She had previously done something similar and was warned to not do it again. She didn't care and was to lazy to follow the policy of not letting robbers in the store.

Sorry, missed that. Should have read further.

Keith and stuff
10-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Sorry, missed that. Should have read further.

It was mentioned in the video. If someone just read the story, it might not be picked up. I guess Gunny and others do have a point. Maybe there should have been a camera aimed at the door if the person inside the store wasn't able to see who was on the other side of the door. I don't know how this store worked. There might have been a window or peep hole that she could have looked through.

RickyJ
10-23-2012, 11:56 PM
It was mentioned in the video. If someone just read the story, it might not be picked up. I guess Gunny and others do have a point. Maybe there should have been a camera aimed at the door if the person inside the store wasn't able to see who was on the other side of the door. I don't know how this store worked. There might have been a window or peep hole that she could have looked through.

Actually no, it was not in the video. It did not say she let a robber in before. It said she was fired for her SECOND, her second violation in 23 years of employment of being alone in the restaurant.

GunnyFreedom
10-23-2012, 11:58 PM

I have installed uncountable computer, network, point of sale, cabling, and camera systems in fast food restaurants...more than I can count...and doing that kind of work you go in and out the back door all the time. Literally thousands of fast food mid range and fine dining restaurants, and I have never once seen a back door without a peep hole or a window with a drop down metal trap.

RickyJ
10-23-2012, 11:59 PM
She let the robber in the store. She had previously done something similar and was warned to not do it again. She didn't care and was too lazy to follow the policy of not letting robbers in the store.

She didn't do that before. She was fired for being alone in the restaurant twice, not for letting a robber in the store before.

Obviously you are too lazy to get the facts right about this event!

GunnyFreedom
10-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Actually no, it was not in the video. It did not say she let a robber in before. It said she was fired for her SECOND, her second violation in 23 years of employment of being alone in the restaurant.

Being alone in the restaurant is also a policy violation, actually.

And my experience with corps like CKE, BK, Wendy's, Darden, etc, is that write-ups may stay in the record, but they are generally only considered for repeat offenses within 12 month unless it is a much broader pattern.

fr33
10-24-2012, 12:03 AM
I have installed uncountable computer, network, point of sale, cabling, and camera systems in fast food restaurants...more than I can count...and doing that kind of work you go in and out the back door all the time. Literally thousands of fast food mid range and fine dining restaurants, and I have never once seen a back door without a peep hole or a window with a drop down metal trap.While I might admit that you might be right that she did not follow protocol, when I was a teenager I worked at a fast food place that did not have a camera, peep hole, or window on the back door. The back door was to the dumpsters which was fenced off but usually unlocked. I rose to manager at that place then requested to go back to cooking (because customer service sucks). It wasn't Arby's but we weren't taught the protocols or such a thing didn't exist.

GunnyFreedom
10-24-2012, 12:06 AM
While I might admit that you might be right that she did not follow protocol, when I was a teenager I worked at a fast food place that did not have a camera, peep hole, or window on the back door. The back door was to the dumpsters which was fenced off but usually unlocked. I rose to manager at that place then requested to go back to cooking (because customer service sucks). It wasn't Arby's but we weren't taught the protocols or such a thing didn't exist.

I did point of sale and cabling for monster nationwide chains. Such chains universally have very detailed policies, and specifications for store configurations. Much smaller chains are another story. I never did computer work for anything smaller than Red Lobster, Applebees, Wendy's, Hardees, things like that.

Keith and stuff
10-24-2012, 12:07 AM

At 51 seconds into the video, it explains that she let the robber in the store. We don't know how close the 2 violations were. They may have been within 2 months. I'm not saying Arby's is amazing or praising it. I almost never eat out. However, this local decision in a state I rarely visit will not change my eating habits.

I have installed uncountable computer, network, point of sale, cabling, and camera systems in fast food restaurants...more than I can count...and doing that kind of work you go in and out the back door all the time. Literally thousands of fast food mid range and fine dining restaurants, and I have never once seen a back door without a peep hole or a window with a drop down metal trap.

I agree that you might be correct. I don't know which door is in question. Is it a front, side or back door? My guess is that it might be the back door but I don't know for sure.

GunnyFreedom
10-24-2012, 12:08 AM
I agree that you might be correct. I don't know which door is in question. Is it a front, side or back door? My guess is that it might be the back door but I don't know for sure.

Had to be the back door. Any other door and she would have known from 20 foot away that it was not the employee who had just left.

acptulsa
10-24-2012, 12:17 AM
She has a coworker outside in a bad neighborhood and she's going to ask for a password before she lets that person in?

And Arby's are generally franchise operations. So, protocols will vary widely from one Arby's to another.

GunnyFreedom
10-24-2012, 12:21 AM
She has a coworker outside in a bad neighborhood and she's going to ask for a password before she lets that person in?

Not really, an employee or a service technician entering after hours is required to enter by the front or side door where they are clearly visible. I know that is made abundantly clear (with big, red all-caps lettering) on work orders, and I know from having once dated a Restaurant Manager for a Hardee's that it is made similarly clear in training.

And Arby's are generally franchise operations. So, protocols will vary widely from one Arby's to another.

Not in this case, however. The Human Resources division responsible was listed in the story as Arby's Corporate. Were this a minor franchise, the HR department would have been the local franchisee.

Aurave
10-24-2012, 12:37 AM
Isn't it all kind of irrelevant? Why can't Arby's fire this woman for whatever damn reason they please? She can certainly quit whenever and for whatever reason she wants.

RickyJ
10-24-2012, 12:40 AM
Isn't it all kind of irrelevant? Why can't Arby's fire this woman for whatever damn reason they please? She can certainly quit whenever and for whatever reason she wants.

They can and did. Doesn't mean I or anyone else has to like the way they treated an employee of theirs with 23 years of service!

RickyJ
10-24-2012, 01:32 AM
At 51 seconds into the video, it explains that she let the robber in the store.

Yes, but that is not why she was fired and had nothing to do with her previous violation. Again you are lazy with the facts and have the nerve to call this woman lazy who is lucky to be alive.

RickyJ
10-24-2012, 01:37 AM

This is not a fact. It is you being too lazy to listen to the video or read the article.

Keith and stuff
10-24-2012, 02:24 AM
Ricky, I completely disagree with you on this. I do agree with Aurave, though. Arby's should be legally allowed to fire this employee. I have been both a bottom level employee and someone is a supervisor position. I don't hold anything against this worker. I don't feel she is a bad worker. I'm glad that it is OK to fire her.

It is unfortunate that she let the robber in the place. It is unfortunate the she has a pattern of not following policy. It is unfortunate that she has a pattern of going against company policy. It is unfortunate that the store was robbed. I am glad that she is alive. I feel for everyone involved!

BTW, I am sorry that RickyJ went so low as to give me negative rep. I have not received negative rep since Sailingaway negative repped me for accurately predicting that Ron Paul would not win the popular vote in any state according to the official results. I was correct, though I was unfairly punished by Sailingaway. Now I am being punished by RickyJ. Why is he punishing me? I don't know. Maybe he hates freedom. Maybe he is clueless. Maybe he is a bad person. Maybe he just likes to cause trouble.

I ask that RickyJ both apologize and positive rep me. It is the right thing to do. It is the fair thing to do. It is human thing to do.

HigherVision
10-24-2012, 02:31 AM

Yeah what is the point of all this? Some woman got fired after a robbery attempt at an Arby's. Okay, so are we supposed to demand that the government force Arby's to give her her job back or something? If Arby's is unreasonably firing people it's going to hurt them in the long run. The point of Arby's business is to provide food to people for money not to provide jobs for the sake of providing jobs. I thought we all knew this already.

RickyJ
10-24-2012, 02:53 AM
Yeah what is the point of all this? Some woman got fired after a robbery attempt at an Arby's. Okay, so are we supposed to demand that the government force Arby's to give her her job back or something? If Arby's is unreasonably firing people it's going to hurt them in the long run. The point of Arby's business is to provide food to people for money not to provide jobs for the sake of providing jobs. I thought we all knew this already.

Way to totally miss the point!

No one here is arguing anything whatsoever about the damn government being involved here! People are pissed that Arby's treated her this way after she worked for them for 23 years. So she made a mistake, her second mistake in 23 years, and for that she is fired? They can fire for whatever reason they want to, but doing so after she nearly got killed makes them look really bad. It makes it look like they really fired her for not defending the store and running away, which I highly suspect is why they really fired her.

John F Kennedy III
10-24-2012, 03:00 AM
Ricky, I completely disagree with you on this. I do agree with Aurave, though. Arby's should be legally allowed to fire this employee. I have been both a bottom level employee and someone is a supervisor position. I don't hold anything against this worker. I don't feel she is a bad worker. I'm glad that it is OK to fire her.

It is unfortunate that she let the robber in the place. It is unfortunate the she has a pattern of not following policy. It is unfortunate that she has a pattern of going against company policy. It is unfortunate that the store was robbed. I am glad that she is alive. I feel for everyone involved!

BTW, I am sorry that RickyJ went so low as to give me negative rep. I have not received negative rep since Sailingaway negative repped me for accurately predicting that Ron Paul would not win the popular vote in any state according to the official results. I was correct, though I was unfairly punished by Sailingaway. Now I am being punished by RickyJ. Why is he punishing me? I don't know. Maybe he hates freedom. Maybe he is clueless. Maybe he is a bad person. Maybe he just likes to cause trouble.

I ask that RickyJ both apologize and positive rep me. It is the right thing to do. It is the fair thing to do. It is human thing to do.

We can rebuild you. We have the technology. We can make you better, stronger, faster.

RickyJ
10-24-2012, 03:04 AM

Again you miss the point! No one here is saying they can't fire her at any time for any reason. It is unfortunate that you are lazy with the facts of this event. This was only her SECOND violation for being ALONE in the store. My God, do you realize why she was alone in the store? More than likely it was because she had no choice because they could not let people have any more time. The excuse they use for firing her is just that, an excuse! More than likely she was fired because she let the robber in thinking it was the employee that just left. They have the right to fire her for that, but that is not why they said they fired her. For 23 years she has proven a loyal employee or she would have been fired a lot sooner. One mistake after 23 years that nearly cost her life is not a good reason to fire such an employee!

I ask you to apologize for being lazy with the facts. It is the right thing to do, but I highly doubt you will.

Keith and stuff
10-24-2012, 03:09 AM
Certainly I will not say I am sorry. The company may fire her for any reason at any time. That said, she let the robber in the place! She violated the policy. You are being outrageous. I am so annoyed by your outrageous comments I am not sure how to respond. God bless America!

bunklocoempire
10-24-2012, 03:37 AM
I've always kinda liked the horsey sauce. When I was a kid Arbys was the first drive-thru I ever went through -on my pedal bike. No one freaked out, it was pretty cool. I was stylin' on my Team Murray with my French Dip, Beef and "Chedder", my small Coke and my Curly Fries.

I couldn't steer, too much crap, had to immediately pull over and eat on the grass. lol

A quick trip to Google maps and it looks like that one is long gone -taken over by a McDonalds.

Back to the affray!

devil21
10-24-2012, 03:53 AM
Ricky, I completely disagree with you on this. I do agree with Aurave, though. Arby's should be legally allowed to fire this employee.

I didn't read any quotes in the thread suggesting Arby's be sued or the feds step in or some politician legislate something, just disgust at the company for whatever personal reason and that's perfectly ok too. If someone doesn't agree with the policy, the action against the employee, or any other reason then it's free market at work when they choose not to patronize that establishment. I can choose not to solely because I don't like the logo or the paint or a myriad of reasons that may be stupid to you.

devil21
10-24-2012, 03:53 AM
dbl post

Tod
10-24-2012, 06:23 AM
I can certainly see why Arby's would not want to be her employer the next time she lets a robber into the store. She not only violated protocol, she also didn't use her head about opening the door, especially considering the number of recent robberies at that store. Even if Arby's did install a security camera, they would get raked over the coals if she were ever to be killed in a robbery once it came out that she had previously opened a door for a robber. People would be yelling and screaming at and suing the pants off Arby's for leaving her in the position to repeat the mistake.

It is unfortunate that she made this mistake, no doubt. It will probably be very difficult for her to find a job that pays as well as this, given this history and her age.

Working Poor
10-24-2012, 06:27 AM
This has lowered my opinion of Arbys.

The woman should have never opened the door without at very least calling out to the person at the door. It is basic safety measure when closing a store so late at night to not open the back door. She was a dumb ass for doing it. She should have been fired.

I loves me some potato cakes and Jalapeno poppers.

DeMintConservative
10-24-2012, 06:44 AM
It was the second time she allowed a robber into the store by being reckless?

Should have fired her after the first one.

asurfaholic
10-24-2012, 06:51 AM
No hard feelings. Screw up, get fired. Its not hard to understand

sailingaway
10-24-2012, 07:37 AM

actually I don't think I have ever once given a neg rep. If I had been multiple times telling people to not denigrate Ron's chances before a primary (when people tended to troll here and also came here to look for who to vote for) it is possible I gave you an infraction, not a neg rep, but I honestly don't remember it. I don't know if after all this time I can go back and check, but I simply don't remember that. I would have been pissed at your advertising bad predictions in Ron's race in Ron's forum we specifically maintained during the campaign to draw voters in, before the vote was cast, likely, though.

opal
10-24-2012, 08:10 AM
23 years at an arbys

they did her a favor

AGRP
10-24-2012, 08:33 AM
Theres many reasons why Arbys fired her. First, she repeatedly violated their safety protocols despite being robbed many times. In that case, shes a huge liability. Surely, that was explained to her. Second, its a common practice that thiefs work with someone on the inside to get the job done. She was probably working with the thief.

Dr.3D
10-24-2012, 08:33 AM
I wish this was a story about a perp bringing a knife to a gun fight.

amonasro
10-24-2012, 09:05 AM
The man just wanted more Arby's Sauce. The delicious combination of ketchup and barbecue sauce make people go mad.

jay_dub
10-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Theres many reasons why Arbys fired her. First, she repeatedly violated their safety protocols despite being robbed many times. In that case, shes a huge liability. Surely, that was explained to her. Second, its a common practice that thiefs work with someone on the inside to get the job done. She was probably working with the thief.

Totally agree with you on the first point. The cost to Arby's had she been hurt or killed would have been tremendous. They have to have protocols in place to satisfy their insurance company.

I disagree on the second point. There is nothing to indicate she was working with the thief.

My wife is a store manager. There is a protocol for almost everything. The point someone made earlier about her having no choice in being alone due to the company not giving enough hours is shown to be false as another employee had just left. The protocol was likely that closing employees leave at the same time.

You would think that, after 23 years, this lady would have known better. Arby's did nothing wrong in firing her.

VoluntaryAmerican
10-24-2012, 09:36 AM

And my experience with corps like CKE, BK, Wendy's, Darden, etc, is that write-ups may stay in the record, but they are generally only considered for repeat offenses within 12 month unless it is a much broader pattern.
My experience with this policy is that it's bullshit (same policy different corp.). Though this Arby's seems to be taking it seriously because they live in a bad neighborhood. But 23 years of work and she broke the rule 3 times, I've broken this policy nearly everyday I worked at a corporation and the store manager broke the rule too.

Often these corporations have rules that make it hard for anyone to get work done, especially when they cut back hours, and expect similar results.

AGRP
10-24-2012, 09:53 AM
You would think that, after 23 years, this lady would have known better. Arby's did nothing wrong in firing her.

23 years of being aware of protocols. Of course I cant prove she was working with the thief (not financially worth it either for the restaurant) , but its a logical theory. It happens virtually everywhere. Banks, casinos, even at restaurants. Bottom line is shes a huge liability and either she is incredibly stupid by letting thieves in (was it a glass door? do back doors not have peep holes? is it not a big no no to open back doors at that hour?) or she knows them and plays the victim after the fact. A woman like her pushing a guy with a knife away, fleeing, and jumping out the drive through window (while suffering no injuries) seems like a far fetched scenario. Let me guess, the guy got the money before she ran away.

GunnyFreedom
10-24-2012, 09:54 AM
My experience with this policy is that it's bullshit (same policy different corp.). Though this Arby's seems to be taking it seriously because they live in a bad neighborhood. But 23 years of work and she broke the rule 3 times, I've broken this policy nearly everyday I worked at a corporation and the store manager broke the rule too.

Often these corporations have rules that make it hard for anyone to get work done, especially when they cut back hours, and expect similar results.

Well, if a District manager has any leeway on enforcing policy, it would seem natural that security policy would be enforced more heavily in a more dangerous store location, and less heavily in a less dangerous location.

jay_dub
10-24-2012, 10:12 AM
23 years of being aware of protocols. Of course I cant prove she was working with the thief (not financially worth it either for the restaurant) , but its a logical theory. It happens virtually everywhere. Banks, casinos, even at restaurants. Bottom line is shes a huge liability and either she is incredibly stupid by letting thieves in (was it a glass door? do back doors not have peep holes? is it not a big no no to open back doors at that hour?) or she knows them and plays the victim after the fact. A woman like her pushing a guy with a knife away, fleeing, and jumping out the drive through window (while suffering no injuries) seems like a far fetched scenario. Let me guess, the guy got the money before she ran away.

You could be right. She is a little chubby to imagine crawling out the drive-thru. It's just that my mind doesn't go there first. She doesn't 'look' to be the criminal type, but you never know.

Maybe we'll see a follow-up where she gets arrested. Stranger things have happened.

AGRP
10-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Well, if a District manager has any leeway on enforcing policy, it would seem natural that security policy would be enforced more heavily in a more dangerous store location, and less heavily in a less dangerous location.

Not only that, but personally. Imagine your store is a known target and your life is on the line. I dont care who you are. You are going to follow those rules if you value your life. She didnt care.

chudrockz
10-24-2012, 10:34 AM
I almost always carry a knife, and I have significantly longer reach than most folks. If I was faced with a would-be attacker armed with a knife, I'd stab him.

Pericles
10-24-2012, 11:15 AM
I wish this was a story about a perp bringing a knife to a gun fight.

So do I, but we all know that armed (or any other) self defense is also a violation of company policy.

squarepusher
10-24-2012, 11:33 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/arby-manager-fired-escaping-armed-robbery-170812916.html

So many things wrong with that article. I say it smells lawsuit all over it.

PaulConventionWV
10-24-2012, 01:29 PM

There always is, as is my understanding. It's a serious safety concern to have doors where you have no idea who is on the other side. That's how it worked when I worked at Burger King. If it was a first offense, I could understand keeping her and trying to educate her a little more, but seeing as she failed at this a few times, she brought it on herself, cameras or no cameras.

PaulConventionWV
10-24-2012, 01:33 PM

Good point. The store had been robbed 2 times before that within a 6 month period. She was a manager. Managers should know this stuff. She should have known better than to open the door without looking.

PaulConventionWV
10-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Yes, but that is not why she was fired and had nothing to do with her previous violation. Again you are lazy with the facts and have the nerve to call this woman lazy who is lucky to be alive.

Actually, it is why she was fired. And yes, it does have something to do with her previous violation; namely, being alone in a store at night. They are very closely related policy matters.

You already said that the video did not say that. Now, after being corrected, you are changing your story.

Dr.3D
10-24-2012, 01:42 PM
So do I, but we all know that armed (or any other) self defense is also a violation of company policy.
Yeah, company policy is for the person to get killed and for the thief to take the money and run.

Seems to me, that is why thieves like the idea of robbing those places so much. If they actually thought they could die doing it, they would probably think twice about robbing those places.

PaulConventionWV
10-24-2012, 01:42 PM

People saying this was wrong are just making an appeal to emotion like the liberals they are. Don't let anyone tell you any different. Unfortunate? Yes. Unjustified? Absolutely not. Policy is policy and corporate will do whatever they feel will make them the most money. Having a heart for victims who seem to be prone to danger isn't a very profitable policy.

PaulConventionWV
10-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Yeah, company policy is for the person to get killed and for the thief to take the money and run.

Seems to me, that is why thieves like the idea of robbing those places so much. If they actually thought they could die doing it, they would probably think twice about robbing those places.

Uh, no. Policy is to not let the thief in.

Dr.3D
10-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Uh, no. Policy is to not let the thief in.
Yeah, that works every time.

Keith and stuff
10-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah, that works every time.

I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened. Here is how I picture it in my head. The robber rings the doorbell. She opens the door. I agree that the robber might have been able to break in. However, in this case, it seems that he rung the doorbell and she let him in. I am glad that she is safe. I am sorry that she was fired. However, it seems she did nothing to try to protect Arby's at all. It seems she let a robber in the store and then left the store. On top of that, she violated company policy.

Dr.3D
10-24-2012, 03:20 PM
I wasn't there so I don't know exactly what happened. Here is how I picture it in my head. The robber rings the doorbell. She opens the door. I agree that the robber might have been able to break in. However, in this case, it seems that he rung the doorbell and she let him in. I am glad that she is safe. I am sorry that she was fired. However, it seems she did nothing to try to protect Arby's at all. It seems she left a robber in the store and then left the store. On top of that, she violated company policy.
That's the difference between her and myself. I would have been fired for shooting the son of a bitch.

alucard13mmfmj
10-24-2012, 03:56 PM
WoW 23 years at Arbys... Man.. That must kinda suck O_O.

RickyJ
10-24-2012, 04:03 PM
It was the second time she allowed a robber into the store by being reckless?

Should have fired her after the first one.

No it wasn't her second time letting a robber in the restaurant, that was just Keith for whatever reason not being correct with the facts. It was her second violation for being alone in the restaurant.

RickyJ
10-24-2012, 04:10 PM

The part in bold in just not true. It was her second violation for being alone in the store, her second time in who knows how long, she had been there nearly 23 years. What kind of restaurant is really concerned about safety and security when they won't even install any surveillance and security equipment despite being robbed three times? If she was working with the thief they would need evidence of that, they had none, the police had none, and after 23 years of working there they had no reason to think that she would be involved in something like that. Way to further tarnish the reputation of this woman who made a mistake that nearly cost her life.

Keith and stuff
10-24-2012, 04:13 PM
No it wasn't her second time letting a robber in the restaurant, that was just Keith for whatever reason not being correct with the facts. It was her second violation for being alone in the restaurant.

When did I say that?

RickyJ
10-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Actually, it is why she was fired. And yes, it does have something to do with her previous violation; namely, being alone in a store at night. They are very closely related policy matters.

You already said that the video did not say that. Now, after being corrected, you are changing your story.

No that was not why she was fired, but arguing with you is like arguing with a wall, it will do about as much good. She was fired for her second violation of being alone in the store.

Aurave
10-24-2012, 08:23 PM
You have no clue how "they" treated an employee of theirs with 23 years of service. You only know that she broke company policy multiple times, and she was fired. I don't see any reason to particularly like or dislike the way in which she was terminated, nor does the factor of 23 years or 5 days make any difference.

Would you feel disgust at an employee that quit their job of 20 years so they could retire and be lazy? Do you feel empathy for the business owner who now has to deal with the increased costs of turnover associated with the training of a new employee and the loss of an experienced worker? I mean jesus the guy was working there for 20 years, helping make that business profitable, and he just leaves! No consideration for his employer. Yeah I mean sure I'll admit people can leave any job they want for whatever reason, it's probably legal or whatever, but that doesn't mean I have to like it!