PDA

View Full Version : presidential election topics in school

satchelmcqueen
10-23-2012, 06:11 PM
so the school i work at is going to have a class for the k-5th grades this week and talk about the election and let them do a mock vote. i asked the teacher whos over it if gary johnson was going to be included since hes on all the state ballots. she asked "whos that?"

ahhh the complete blindness of our higher ups in the youth world.

i explained it to her, but she didnt seem to believe me.

i wish i was teaching that class. but im just a lowly custodian i suppose....

MelissaWV
10-23-2012, 06:57 PM
so the school i work at is going to have a class for the k-5th grades this week and talk about the election and let them do a mock vote. i asked the teacher whos over it if gary johnson was going to be included since hes on all the state ballots. she asked "whos that?"

ahhh the complete blindness of our higher ups in the youth world.

i explained it to her, but she didnt seem to believe me.

i wish i was teaching that class. but im just a lowly custodian i suppose....

Print out the sample ballot for your state.

http://elections.alachua.fl.us/ew_pages/Sample_Ballots/20121106_General/All_inclusive_sample_ballot.pdf

That is mine. Notice there are a lot more than two names on the sample ballot for President.

cjm
10-23-2012, 08:06 PM
We have five in Virginia: Obama, Romney, Johnson, Goode, Stein. Without expressing preference, I try to correct anyone who thinks it's a two man race. I'm not endorsing anyone or anything like that, just pointing out that in Virginia it takes 10,000 signatures to get on the ballot. That effort needs to be acknowledged.

QuickZ06
10-23-2012, 08:11 PM
but im just a lowly custodian i suppose....

No you are not. You are a FANTASTIC custodian and it is sad you were schooling (rimshot-free ba-dum tshh) a teacher on something as simple as a 3rd party candidate.

satchelmcqueen
10-23-2012, 08:33 PM
No you are not. You are a FANTASTIC custodian and it is sad you were schooling (rimshot-free ba-dum tshh) a teacher on something as simple as a 3rd party candidate.

i am awesome lol. its a great job and i love it, but to some of them, i am below them in their minds. i laugh at it. :)

VoluntaryAmerican
10-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Let the indoctrination begin!

:eek::eek::eek:

NIU Students for Liberty
10-23-2012, 08:58 PM
i am awesome lol. its a great job and i love it, but to some of them, i am below them in their minds. i laugh at it. :)

When I was student teaching, custodians were the only ones I could talk politics with. All of the other teachers just talked about golf or their boring families.

fr33
10-23-2012, 09:22 PM
i wish i was teaching that class. but im just a lowly custodian i suppose....My wife is a "lunch lady" and she tells very similar stories as well. Statism is so ingrained in our society, especially in the schools.