PDA

View Full Version : A Picture and Two Words

coastie
10-23-2012, 05:48 PM

DamianTV
10-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Depends on your State. Some States do not allow Write In Votes. Some States also do not allow you to leave the choice blank or select "None of the Above". But dont forget that even if your vote is actually counted, it doesnt matter, thanks to the Electoral College.

sailingaway
10-23-2012, 05:53 PM

nice.

sailingaway
10-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Depends on your State. Some States do not allow Write In Votes. Some States also do not allow you to leave the choice blank or select "None of the Above". But dont forget that even if your vote is actually counted, it doesnt matter, thanks to the Electoral College.

I dont think there is a state in the country where you can't leave it blank.

dannno
10-23-2012, 05:54 PM
I decided to pull the trigger and write him in last night while watching the stupid debate. My backup was Gary Johnson, but I think I'll have plenty of opportunities in the future to vote for him.

coastie
10-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Depends on your State. Some States do not allow Write In Votes. Some States also do not allow you to leave the choice blank or select "None of the Above". But don't forget that even if your vote is actually counted, it doesnt matter, thanks to the Electoral College.

Well, Florida does, and I know it doesn't mean anything in the end. But-its MY vote, and I wanted them to know where it was going. F8CK Obamney.

coastie
10-23-2012, 05:58 PM
I decided to pull the trigger and write him in last night while watching the stupid debate. My backup was Gary Johnson, but I think I'll have plenty of opportunities in the future to vote for him.

Check your PM in a minute.

DeMintConservative
10-23-2012, 05:58 PM
If you don't mind me asking, who did you vote for in the Senatorial race? What about Congress? You're in the 2nd district, right? I totally understand if you don't want to answer, I hope my curiosity isn't offensive.

coastie
10-23-2012, 06:04 PM
If you don't mind me asking, who did you vote for in the Senatorial race? What about Congress? You're in the 2nd district, right? I totally understand if you don't want to answer, I hope my curiosity isn't offensive.

Not at all, and I'm not done filling it out, still researching the two other NON blue/red senate choices. Are you in FL? Have you checked into Bill Gaylor or Chris Borgia? I'm checking into them a little later.

ETA: Yes, District 2

Anti Federalist
10-23-2012, 06:10 PM
Awesome!

DeMintConservative
10-23-2012, 06:12 PM
Not in FL. But I'd vote Mack and Sutherland.

FWIW, Ron and Rand Paul endorsed Mack:

http://www.libertypac.com/ron-paul-endorsements/connie-mack/

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?375730-Rand-Paul-Endorses-Connie-Mack-in-Florida-Senate-Race

If you guys can't even vote for someone like Mack, the GOP needs to get rid of any Paulites in party structures and conservatives need to stop supporting Paulites in primaries. It's useless.

DamianTV
10-23-2012, 06:12 PM
I dont think there is a state in the country where you can't leave it blank.

Federal judge votes Nevada's 'None of the Above' option off ballot
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/22/nevada-judge-grapples-with-none-voting-option/

Nevada voters are going to have to pick a candidate or stay home from the polls, now that a federal judge has struck down the Silver State's unique "none of the above" ballot option just in time for a crucial Senate election.

U.S. District Judge Robert C. Jones tossed the option, which has been on Nevada state election ballots since 1978. The protest vote had become a tradition in which disgusted voters vented their spleens and sent a message to candidates. But a GOP-linked law firm filed suit, claiming that the protest choice disenfranchises other voters, and Jones ruled Wednesday that because the "none" option can never win, even if it gets the most votes, it essentially makes those votes not count.

The issue would likely have little effect on the presidential race, because the "none" option is only available for state ballots. But Nevada is currently seeing a pitched battle between Republican Sen. Dean Heller and his Democratic challenger, Rep. Shelley Berkley, in a race that could have major national implications.

"None of the above" was introduced to Nevada in 1978, when it was reasoned by the state that those who offer their consent to elect an official also have the right to withhold their consent. Nevada was the only state to offer the "none" option, and while state law says "none" can't win - even if it receives the most votes - opponents fear it could siphon votes from other candidates and influence the election outcome.

"None" has never won a general election, though it has drawn the most votes in a handful to primary contests. In the 1998 U.S. Senate race, however, Democrat Harry Reid won re-election by 428 votes over then-GOP Rep. John Ensign. More than 8,000 voters rejected both men and opted to vote for "none."

The lawsuit, filed by Nevada law firm Snell and Wilmer, with Washington lawyer and Republican operative Michael T. Morley, listed as co-counsel, was also formally backed by the Nevada Republican Party. The suit was brought against Secretary of State Ross Miller, who argued that voters "always have the right to not vote" for listed candidates, and voting for "none" is essentially no different than skipping a particular race on a ballot altogether.

I wont be sure if it is possible to leave it blank until the election occurs, especially with Electronic Voting Machines courtesy of *cough* Diebold. So I'll have to wait to confirm my initial claim, especially from people from other states as well. But by then, it will be too late.

Besides, Electoral College trumps our votes. Even if a presidential candidate receives the majority of the popular vote, the Electoral College is what decides whether they get into office or not. Think: Bush. (No, not that kind of Bush. No, not that kind of bush either, get your mind out of my gutter, its my gutter.)

ClydeCoulter
10-23-2012, 06:30 PM

I would say that if "none of the above" wins, then perhaps they need new candidates. That would be great (when called for).

opponents fear it could siphon votes from other candidates and influence the election outcome.

Fear, huh, is that a good argument? Nope.
How does it siphon votes?

@DamianTV, I'd be interested if no vote (blank) can be accomplished.

coastie
10-23-2012, 06:42 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?375730-Rand-Paul-Endorses-Connie-Mack-in-Florida-Senate-Race

If you guys can't even vote for someone like Mack, the GOP needs to get rid of any Paulites in party structures and conservatives need to stop supporting Paulites in primaries. It's useless.

Yeah-a buddy and I were drinking with Southerland's daughter a couple of weeks ago:p. She's a hottie, fo sho, and really cool to talk to! He's got my vote, lol.!!!

coastie
10-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Awesome!

Not to sound ghey, but I thought of you also when I wrote him down:o:cool:

Dr.3D
10-23-2012, 06:52 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/22/nevada-judge-grapples-with-none-voting-option/
~snip

Nevada voters size up Obama, Romney and 'None of These Candidates'

When Nevada voters go to the polls in this key battleground state, their choices for president will include more than the familiar names. The last entry reads "None of These Candidates" -- a unique option here that has so far survived a legal challenge by Republicans and remains popular among voters.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/16/none-these-candidates-option-for-nevada-voters/#ixzz2AAnrpEvf

FindLiberty
10-23-2012, 06:59 PM
...it doesn't matter, thanks to the Electoral College.

Yes, but please don't talk about the big October Liberty Surprise for another several weeks...

Once all our secret Ron Paul Electoral College members have elected him to the highest office of the land (POTUS), then you can talk more freely about it.

;-)

ronpaulfollower999
10-23-2012, 07:02 PM

I'm not voting for Mack. I'm not voting at all. Statistically speaking, there is a greater chance that I'd die in a car accident driving to the polls, then my one vote would determine the election.

ronpaulfollower999
10-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Actually, based off C4L survey, Bill Gaylor is a better candidate than Connie Mack.

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/surveys/florida-federal-survey-results/

youngbuck
10-23-2012, 07:13 PM
I did the same, and voted for as many libertarians as possible (which there were a lot more of than I expected).

DeMintConservative
10-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Actually, based off C4L survey, Bill Gaylor is a better candidate than Connie Mack.

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/surveys/florida-federal-survey-results/

But the next FL Senator will either be Bill Nelson or Connie Mack.

As I said, if Paulites won't even vote for guy like Mack there's no point from anyone else in the GOP in supporting Paulite candidates and they need to be kicked out of party structures.

It makes the "we'd vote for Romney if the RNC had treated us better" BS beyond laughable.

sailingaway
10-23-2012, 08:07 PM

As I said, if Paulites won't even vote for guy like Mack there's no point from anyone else in the GOP in supporting Paulite candidates and they need to be kicked out of party structures.

It makes the "we'd vote for Romney if the RNC had treated us better" BS beyond laughable.

A lot of Paul supporters will vote for Mack, but I dont really think you have say over who is in party structures. Those we have, we got by representation.

georgiaboy
10-23-2012, 08:12 PM
wonder if i'll be able to take a picky of the touch screen when i type him in. i want this historic moment memorialized for my posterity. might even frame it.

LatinsforPaul
10-23-2012, 08:23 PM

I voted for Mack, but it was REALLY hard to do because he is a warmonger and a Romney supporter.
If he wins, I'm just hopping he can work with Rand in the Senate.

I also voted for Gary Johnson.

I also would vote for Rosanne Barr before I would vote for those two warmongers, Romney and Obama. She's on the ballot you know.

ronpaulfollower999
10-23-2012, 08:30 PM

I don't think that was the majority opinion. Voting for Romney was never an option for me.

But like I said before, there is a greater chance I die in a car accident going to the polls, then there is that my one vote will determine who wins the election.

Origanalist
10-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Your "n's" are much better than mine.