PDA

View Full Version : Contact the Ron Paul campaign for community service?

UMULAS
10-23-2012, 03:51 PM
I know that the campaign ended and it went towards the organization, campaign for liberty, but when I mailed the CLE for to receive my community hours in helping the RP 2012 campaign, they said they are not associated with it.???

I've spent at least 100 hours MINIMUM with helping in the phone from home program and going door to door in Fl, so is there any way to contact the campaign? Also, my school said that any associated person in the campaign can be able to sign my hours off, so if anyone was part of it, please reply or PM me.

specialkornflake
10-23-2012, 04:17 PM
My understanding is that the Campaign for Liberty is not directly associated with the Ron Paul Campaign because of campaign laws. The activities you mentioned sound like Ron Paul campaign activities and not Campaign for Liberty activities. (I'm pretty sure the official campaign ran Phone from Home) Possibly you have community service hours from both the Official Campaign and the Campaign for Liberty. It sounds like you just need to find someone nice associated with one or the other to get the paperwork out of the way!

eleganz
10-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Just ask the local grassroots leader that you worked under.

ninepointfive
10-23-2012, 05:19 PM
usually community service needs to be non-political in nature

nobody's_hero
10-23-2012, 05:51 PM
usually community service needs to be non-political in nature

Yeah I thought it was kind of odd. Around here folks with community service usually just go to the fire station and wash the trucks.

UMULAS
10-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Yeah I thought it was kind of odd. Around here folks with community service usually just go to the fire station and wash the trucks.

In broward county, if you did not receive pay while working for the campaign, then it's community service.