PDA

View Full Version : Issue: Foreign Policy: Cuba

Tsoman
06-21-2007, 05:26 PM
I would assume that Ron Paul supports repealing the embargo, though I've never heard him discuss the issue.

Commerce with Cuba would be a win-win situation, for us and them.

What do you guys think?

specsaregood
06-21-2007, 05:32 PM
I've read in a few places that he is FOR ENDING the embargo. The specific example he used was farmers in Texas being able to sell rice to Cuba.

Tsoman
06-21-2007, 05:34 PM
I've read in a few places that he is FOR ENDING the embargo. The specific example he used was farmers in Texas being able to sell rice to Cuba.

I was thinking the same thing, about Cuba being a new market. It could be beneficial to the economies of the recovering gulf states

hambone1982
06-21-2007, 05:35 PM
It would be about time.

Duckman
06-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Yes, I believe the Cuba embargo has been counter-productive in ending Cuban totalitarianism and communism. Trade with free markets encourages free markets in the trade partners. End the embargo now!

maiki
06-25-2007, 10:52 AM
If Ron Paul ended the embargo with Cuba, oh man, that would make my day. :D I think the only thing holding that embargo in place now is pride and obstinancy, and we could do with less of both in the government.

hells_unicorn
06-25-2007, 11:10 AM
I concur, get rid of that stupid embargo, free trade with Cuba would be the ultimate death blow to the Castro Regime.

Nefertiti
06-25-2007, 07:00 PM
One of the great things about Ron Paul is that you can find a great number of his speeches in Congress online and get a direct view of how he feels about the issues without the spin. Here's his views on Cuba:

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=767

Man from La Mancha
06-25-2007, 07:09 PM
HON. RON PAUL
OF TEXAS
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, July 26, 2001

Mr. PAUL. -- Mr. Speaker, encouraged in part by a recent resolution passed by the Texas State Legislature, I rise again this Congress to introduce my bill to lift the United States Embargo on Cuba.

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=767

What else can say isn't this guy is great or what. Every time I have to know about Ron I just google him and the subject and there is my answer and he has usually already has made a bill to correct the problem

Just think all these bills could be reintroduced Dr. Paul has already done all the work!!! wow wow wow

Welcome aboard Cuban community

hroos
06-25-2007, 08:03 PM
I live in Miami, FL (aka Cuban Exile Capital of the World). For many years repealing the Cuban trade embargo has been generally received with mix reactions. But lately more people are seeing it as a real opportunity. I think Ron Paul's support to lift the embargo will bring about a new reality for the community here politically as well as historically.

Shmuel Spade
06-25-2007, 09:53 PM
More often than not it has been the Cuban exile community that has supported the embargo, but I think this is only because of tradition now and bad economics before.

Ponce
06-27-2007, 06:29 PM
The only ones hurting by this "embargo" are the people and not the power to be and like someone already said "is pride in the part of the US and nothing more".

After Castro it will be the "I have" vs "I don't have"....... I can only hope that the US will keep their paws off Cuba.