PDA

View Full Version : She Dared to Verbally Challenge the Authority of the TSA (video)

Joey Fuller
10-23-2012, 10:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qh0STi9joY

full article:
http://www.tennesseesonsofliberty.com/2012/10/she-dared-to-challenge-authority-of.html

jmdrake
10-23-2012, 10:20 AM
Both TSA agents and airport police are expected to testify in their defense. Huh? They aren't the ones on trial. :rolleyes: Thanks for posting this update.

presence
10-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Both TSA agents and airport police are expected to testify in their defense. Huh? They aren't the ones on trial. :rolleyes: Thanks for posting this update.

Everything Israel does to occupied Gaza and the West Bank is in defence too.

coastie
10-23-2012, 11:00 AM

^that, WTF?

People choosing not to fly will never be enough...they'll just roll it out onto the highways.

TheTexan
10-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Contempt of pedocop

youngbuck
10-23-2012, 03:34 PM
Lol, doesn't surprise me at all. F**k the TSA.

tod evans
10-23-2012, 03:39 PM
Hmmm, wonder what the outcome will be...

dbill27
10-23-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm at the airport right now, as usual, opted out and got molested. Just another day in the Land of the free.

tod evans
10-24-2012, 03:26 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?393501-Mother-found-guilty-in-airport-pat-down-case

Mother found guilty in airport pat-down case.

NASHVILLE, TENN. — A woman was found guilty Tuesday of disorderly conduct for berating security officers trying to pat down her teenage daughter and then refusing to submit to the procedure herself at a Tennessee airport.

Jurors deliberated four hours before convicting Andrea Abbott. She had faced up to 30 days in jail and a $50 fine for her conduct in the July 2011 confrontation at Nashville International Airport, but the judge placed her on probation for a year because she has no criminal record.

Judge Joe P. Binkley Jr., warned the 42-year-old “to be certain you don’t get into any further problems with the law.”

Abbott didn’t talk to reporters outside the courtroom. Her defense attorney, Brent Horst, said she was disappointed in the verdict, but felt she got a fair trial.

“She just wanted to stand on principle, because she felt that she had done nothing wrong,” said Horst, who handled the case pro bono. “And I admire her for that.”

The prosecution said Abbott’s behavior “prevented others from carrying out their lawful activities,” which is part of the definition of disorderly conduct under state law. Abbott testified during the first day of the trial on Monday that she was not unruly but did yell at officers. She said she was “irritated, but not arguing.”

However, Assistant District Attorney Megan King said in closing arguments Tuesday that Abbott’s behavior caused two security lanes to be halted and made a normally one-minute security check a 30-minute ordeal.

“The defendant should have been aware that her behavior would prevent others from carrying out their lawful activities,” King said.

Horst said his client may have been loud, but she was only exercising her right to free speech.

“Telling a police officer your opinion, even in strong language, to me that’s a First Amendment right,” Horst told reporters.

According to an affidavit, Abbott first refused to allow her daughter — then 14 — to go through a body scan machine, saying she didn’t want “someone to see our bodies naked.”

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/viewart/20121023/NEWS01/310230050/Mother-found-guilty-airport-pat-down-case

S.Shorland
10-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Someone should dress as Washington and Jefferson and use the sort of language they would while being video'd.

belian78
10-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Of all the things that American citizens are submitted to on a daily basis, all of the evil unconstitutional things that are forced down our throats, what the TSA does to fliers is the one thing that disgusts me the most. The American Government mandating that it's citizens get sexually molested to travel... just the thought brings tears of anger to my eyes and makes my physically ill at my stomach.