PDA

View Full Version : You are not going to believe what "celeb" just joined our side...

tangent4ronpaul
10-23-2012, 01:56 AM
Why couldn't it have been someone a little bit saner - say, Charlie Manson... :rolleyes:

Farrakhan praises Ron Paul; blasts frontrunners national debt plans
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/15887541-418/farrakhan-praises-ron-paul-and-blasts-presidential-frontrunners-national-debt-plans.html

Controversial as ever, Louis Farrakhan praised failed presidential candidate Ron Paul Sunday for wanting to close U.S. military bases overseas and slash financial aid to Israel — and blasted the frontrunners for failing to take stronger positions to curb the national debt.

The 79-year-old leader of the Chicago-based Nation of Islam gave a fiery three-hour talk to the congregation of his South Side mosque. His lecture — billed as “Guidance for our president and our nation” — weaved his musings on the Nov. 6 election with inflammatory views on Jews, gays and white supremacy.

Farrakhan said Republican candidate Mitt Romney’s talk of U.S. “exceptionalism” — the notion that America is different than other countries because its mission is to spread liberty and democracy — shows he’s out of touch, because “America is in steady decline.”

Romney and Obama have failed to propose bold steps to reduce the nation’s staggering debt, Farrakhan added.

“If Obama and Romney — and Congress — don’t want to deal effectively with the debt, they will keep kicking the can down the road. These children won’t have a future, because debt is another form of slavery,” he said.

To highlight the point, he sang “America (My Country ‘Tis of Thee)” but substituted the words “sweet land of liberty” with “sweet land of slavery.”

Farrakhan said Obama “wants to be his own man” but that Obama and Romney are controlled by “monied interests.”

“We have liars for leaders,” he said.

Paul, a Republican congressman from Texas, seemed more willing to take bold steps to tackle some of the biggest sources of America’s debt, including Social Security and Medicare, Farrakhan said.

Farrakhan said he supports Paul’s position that the U.S. should stop underwriting Israel’s national security and should close overseas military bases. He and Paul also are critical of the Federal Reserve’s measures to bolster the economy, which they say are inflationary.

Farrakhan, meanwhile, praised former President Bill Clinton for raising taxes on the rich, which he said helped produce a budget surplus by the time Clinton left office.

Although he criticized Obama, he gave the president kudos for recognizing that he needs to raise revenue while he cuts spending.

Farrakhan acknowledged that many of the things he said from the pulpit Sunday will be perceived as anti-Semitic, anti-gay and racist. For instance, he repeated his long-standing view that Jews control Hollywood, banking and the media, which he said was “not in the best interest of the future of this country.”

Farrakhan referred to homosexuality as “the death of the human family” and blasted the notion of gay marriage. He also warned that America appears headed for another war.

Farrakhan, who dined last month with Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in New York during the United Nations General Assembly, said: “Maybe our time as a nation is up and something new, something better is coming. ... America is the modern Rome, Iran is the modern Persia. We’re heading toward a war. The entire Middle East is getting ready to explode.”

-t

VBRonPaulFan
10-23-2012, 06:04 AM
not possible. the media kept telling me ron paul is racist, and Farrakhan would never praise a racist, right?

sailingaway
10-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Now that Ron isn't perceived as competition, I expect any number of people to extol his virtues.

specsaregood
10-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Now that Ron isn't perceived as competition, I expect any number of people to extol his virtues.

farrakhan has said pro-paul things for sometime now, they both recognize the federal reserve as the big enemy of our country. heck, you could take excerpts from some of his speeches and be convinced that Dr. Paul helped write it.

jmdrake
10-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Why couldn't it have been someone a little bit saner - say, Charlie Manson... :rolleyes:

1) Farrakhan has been praising Ron Paul for some time now. (You are late to the party).
2) Charles Manson is closer to Romney and Obama than he is to Farrakhan. After all it's Romney and Obama who are advocating mass murder (pre-emptive war).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r8qAXCC-JU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtK3IGMvEyM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b62Y5OeIGHs

sailingaway
10-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Yeah, he's said nice things about this or that, but he and Ron only agree on a handful of issues, as I understand it. Mind you, they are big issues.

jmdrake
10-23-2012, 10:11 AM
Yeah, he's said nice things about this or that, but he and Ron only agree on a handful of issues, as I understand it. Mind you, they are big issues.

In 2007 when I began supporting Ron Paul I agreed with him on exactly 4 issues. Ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, ending the department of Homeland inSecurity, abolishing the Patriot Act and being against gun control. I had no idea what the federal reserve was or what Austrian economics was. I came to agree with Ron Paul on abortion later. (Many supporters apparently still disagree with Ron Paul on that). So I think the "he and Ron only agree on a handful of issues" argument is a red herring.

AuH20
10-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Some believe Farrakhan to be working for the CIA. I've heard rumors but can't verify them.

jmdrake
10-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Some believe Farrakhan to be working for the CIA. I've heard rumors but can't verify them.

And I've heard rumors that Ron Paul is a mason. One makes about as much sense as the other.

thoughtomator
10-23-2012, 10:46 AM
In my time of awareness of politics I have been exposed to a years-long campaign by the National Organization of Women to defend a 50-year-old married man's sexual predation in the Oval Office itself upon a very young woman who worked for him, on the basis that it was "just about sex". I got to watch that man, President Bill Clinton, go on national TV, wag his finger at us, and tell a blatant lie right to our faces; a lie he knew was a lie, we knew was a lie, and he knew we knew was a lie, and he said it anyway. I got to watch this very same man, before and after, campaign and sign legislation against the problem of sexual harassment in the workplace. (This is of course just a particularly evocative example of a pattern and practice by all the leaders of our country in all fields of epic hypocrisy and malfeasance.)

The way my surprise meter is calibrated, this story doesn't even register.

coastie
10-23-2012, 02:36 PM
farrakhan has said pro-paul things for sometime now, they both recognize the federal reserve as the big enemy of our country. heck, you could take excerpts from some of his speeches and be convinced that Dr. Paul helped write it.

Correct, I could not believe one day that I was listening to him, but I just couldn't stop for exactly that reason. But, too little, too late, and that goes for everyone. Although, I don't think Farrakhan has any ulterior motives here, unlike everyone else that swings from Dr. P's nuts as soon as he's out the race-just like last time.

coastie
10-23-2012, 02:39 PM

At least one person in my house believes in Santa Claus. She's heard rumors he isn't real, but can;t verify them.

Brian Coulter
10-23-2012, 03:09 PM
I've been a fan ever since the Million Man March. This man speaks truths that the so called 'mainstream' black leaders tremble at the thought of. I remember an an interview on youtube where he called the assembled press cadre "whores". He's in my top five "most awesome political figures".

NewRightLibertarian
10-23-2012, 03:27 PM
He's been praising Ron Paul for years. He always rants and raves about the Fed and illegal wars too

Brian Coulter
10-23-2012, 03:35 PM
He's been praising Ron Paul for years. He always rants and raves about the Fed and illegal wars too

Damn straight

tod evans
10-23-2012, 03:43 PM
What!

Presidential blow-jobs by young interns aren't job perks?

In my time of awareness of politics I have been exposed to a years-long campaign by the National Organization of Women to defend a 50-year-old married man's sexual predation in the Oval Office itself upon a very young woman who worked for him, on the basis that it was "just about sex". I got to watch that man, President Bill Clinton, go on national TV, wag his finger at us, and tell a blatant lie right to our faces; a lie he knew was a lie, we knew was a lie, and he knew we knew was a lie, and he said it anyway. I got to watch this very same man, before and after, campaign and sign legislation against the problem of sexual harassment in the workplace. (This is of course just a particularly evocative example of a pattern and practice by all the leaders of our country in all fields of epic hypocrisy and malfeasance.)

The way my surprise meter is calibrated, this story doesn't even register.

The Free Hornet
10-23-2012, 03:49 PM
I've been a fan ever since the Million Man March. This man speaks truths that the so called 'mainstream' black leaders tremble at the thought of. I remember an an interview on youtube where he called the assembled press cadre "whores". He's in my top five "most awesome political figures".

If the government weren't sucking up so many resources, I think social justice types (wealth redistribution) would have a lot less to complain about. Take the billions in bailouts. That's just government keeping its friends in business so they don't have to face reality - the oversupply of death, regulation, prisons. It is not that I sympathize with those wanting handouts, but I understand that many are shortchanged and forced to suffer in prison or support with taxes the system that doesn't benefit them.

This is our economy in a nutshell and I wouldn't trust those running the press:

http://urbantitan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/disney-dollars-www.flickr.com_.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_dollar)

LibForestPaul
10-23-2012, 06:56 PM
He turned on Malcolm X. Malcolm X was far more like Paul. I still believe he is CIA plant.

jtstellar
10-23-2012, 09:07 PM
And I've heard rumors that Ron Paul is a mason. One makes about as much sense as the other.

if he were mason then i suppose there will be people there that hate him, wherever it is that they meet, just like some crook always hate ron paul everywhere he goes, and he would have been sold out already. we would all know he is a mason for sure by now.

thoughtomator
10-23-2012, 09:14 PM
He turned on Malcolm X. Malcolm X was far more like Paul. I still believe he is CIA plant.

As I understand the historical record, it was Malcolm X who first turned on his former friends at Nation of Islam, not the reverse.

fr33
10-23-2012, 10:27 PM
And I've heard rumors that Ron Paul is a mason. One makes about as much sense as the other.Depends on what type of mason you mean. I know quite a few "masons" who are old retired men that are Ron's age (and protestants) that meet at the lodge and play dominoes and gossip.