PDA

View Full Version : News Worthy Web 2.0 style

AlexMerced
11-20-2007, 06:26 AM
Yeah I mailed the people at Mashable.com, and they responded saying that they are supporters of Ron Paul (which they have mentioned in their comments on many posts) and would love feature him in their news (that have in posts about candidate websites and such)... but it's got to be recent news pertinent to their subject, web 2.0 software.

I suggested the youtube contest, but that might be too close to the deadline for them to post, stuff that is old news:

- RonPaulSpace.com - The Ron Paul Social netoworking site
- ROnPaulkicks.com - The Ron Paul Social News Site

what's missing?

- Social Bookmarking ala Del.ico.us (there are scripts for this)

- A Social news site for grassroots ideas, similar to why08.org except you post ideas for grassroots campaigns and people agree or disagree with the idea

- A good Ron Paul Mashup that pulls data from all the big Ron Paul sites

- A Ron Paul Opensocial Application (this would definetely make news, for the javascript programmers)

- 10,000 members which is max at ronpaulspace.com would be news worthy I'd think

- Liv getting signed to an online tv show deal or something would be newsworthy

The point is, we got to do something web 2.0/ron paul related to get a teaparty07.com mention @ Mashable.com which is one of the top 10 most popular blogs in the world if I'm right. I mean they have snuck him in when they can. Ideas, again they only post it if they can get the news before the release of the site, they don't like old news.

AlexMerced
11-20-2007, 06:49 AM
http://mashable.com/2007/07/25/open-source-social-platforms/

There lists some scripts, what we're lacking is a site running on scuttle or getboo, and we'd have all our bases covered.

constituent
11-20-2007, 06:49 AM

AlexMerced
11-20-2007, 08:39 AM
well, i someone can make it happen and make sure to let mashable know with due time, it'd be awesome

me3
11-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Help J Free get GOPRising.com going. That's a Web 2.0 APP that would qualify.

http://www.goprising.com/ft/

AlexMerced
11-20-2007, 09:13 AM
email mashable.com about it, it would seem weird me mailing them often

AlexMerced
11-20-2007, 04:23 PM
bump, gonna drown out all the fundrasing thread and get back to work

Ack
11-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Have they done any stories about ronpaulgraphs.com ? There are several great stories that could be run about how it's influencing Ron Paul's grassroots support and the election in general. The site allowed supporters to track progress and stay motivated during the November 5 money bomb, and is the driving force behind today's Ron Paul vs. Mike Huckabee competition: http://ronpaulgraphs.com/rp_vs_huck_today.html

AlexMerced
11-20-2007, 04:49 PM
it has to be NEW stuff, ROnPaulGraphs has been around for awhile

Bacon
11-20-2007, 04:53 PM
I've been working on a few web 2.0 Ron Paul sites. I already did www.ronpaulradio.com. I have been working on a new Ron Paul Portal (www.ronpaulportal.info is the dev page until we go live), I started up www.ronpaulim.com and I'm working on a digg style site for Ron Paul. It'll be very similar to the ronpaulkicks.com but it'll run on a better framework and it'll actually look like a web 2.0 site.
If you want to help me out and get these sites off the ground quicker, then please PM me and we'll get them going.

AlexMerced
11-20-2007, 04:55 PM
message mashable.com about them, they ar emore likeley to post it before the release of these websites.

AlexMerced
11-22-2007, 11:05 PM
bump

Bacon
11-23-2007, 01:32 AM
Alex, are you a web developer? Can you help me out with these sites at all?
I also need some help with names/ domain for the sites.. any thoughts?

AlexMerced
11-23-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm not really a web developer though I have some experience i guess, PM me