PDA

View Full Version : My Vote Still Belongs To Ron Paul

sailingaway
10-21-2012, 07:41 PM
“Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.” Thomas Jefferson

I will write in Ron Paul on my ballot this year.

Why? That’s a question I have been asked many, many times. “Why would you waste your vote? Why not vote for Gary Johnson? At least he’s on the ballot.”

I am aware of this. There are a couple of third-party candidates running. There are also two other people on the ballot, both affiliated with major parties and mountains on money.The average American voter is an uniformed voter. Many watch TV to learn about who is running, and most just follow party over preference. I do not believe that Mitt Romney has a chance to win, but I wouldn’t vote for him, even if he did.

I definitely will not vote Democrat. No worries there.

Will Gary Johnson win? Probably not. We have to face reality here, folks. I would like to see a third-party candidate get a good percentage of the vote, just to scare the neo-cons. Unfortunately, I don’t see a third-party presidency happening any time soon. I do believe that the two-party system is a broken thing that needs to be discarded. Will it happen in 2012? Not very likely.

“Your vote won’t count for anything, even if your state counts the ballots. So, why would you write in Ron Paul?”

http://r3volutionnews.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/0002_ron_paul.jpg?w=497

It’s fairly simple. He is the only person in this country that I would trust to be my president.

He is the only person who has the virtue and the decency to hold that office, and he wouldn’t have had to cheat to do it.

He is a true leader, and would work for peace and prosperity.

Ron Paul is the only person that ran who is not in favor of intervention in foreign affairs. He was the only candidate who was not afraid to speak up against the reckless spending involved in not only foreign wars, but foreign aid as well. He was the only candidate who was truly concerned about the economy. He champions bringing back a system of sound money, not based on worthless sheets of paper or inflation, but backed by gold, which is steady in value. He would end the corrupt Federal Reserve, and work to make America stronger and fiscally responsible.

more at link: http://r3volutionnews.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/my-vote-still-belongs-to-ron-paul/

DamianTV
10-21-2012, 07:47 PM
And what about all the states that do not allow Write In Votes? Hell we just had a big thing that not a single person made a stink over saying that "None of the Above" is not a legal choice, and the voter must pick one of the two candidates. How is that not maintaining the Illusion of Choice?

Dr.3D
10-21-2012, 07:55 PM
And what about all the states that do not allow Write In Votes? Hell we just had a big thing that not a single person made a stink over saying that "None of the Above" is not a legal choice, and the voter must pick one of the two candidates. How is that not maintaining the Illusion of Choice?

Nevadans to keep "none of the above" ballot option (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57506873/nevadans-to-keep-none-of-the-above-ballot-option/)

Allowed or not, I'm going to write in RON PAUL.

Edit:

And as of 5 days ago.... Nevada voters size up Obama, Romney and 'None of These Candidates' (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/16/none-these-candidates-option-for-nevada-voters/)

sailingaway
10-21-2012, 08:15 PM

You could leave it blank and it is counted as undervote if you are literally not allowed physically to write, but I'm going to write Ron in whether we get enough electors to make it count or not. Undervote (by leaving it blank or writing in an unpermitted option) is 'other' or None of the above, as I see it, rejection of the lot of them. And if I can't have it counted FOR Ron Paul I at least want it counted against the rest. Voting at all shows I'm not apathetic and voting against those on the ballot shows I don't endorse their legitimacy.

I'm also willing to fax a formal letter demanding they count for Ron if he gets 55 with ASSORTED vps... I see nothing in the statute saying the VPs all have to be the same for the PRESIDENT to be counted.. (but I'll double check that...I acknowledge it would be a long shot at that point.)

jtstellar
10-21-2012, 10:10 PM
leaving apart of all the personality traits and just saint-like characteristics just in case someone accuses me of being ron paul cultish, he is still the only one candidate that makes monetary reform the central platform of his campaign, while candidates like johnson make social issues his main and foreign policy/fiscal his secondary, and monetary nowhere to be found on his list. who else will talk about a gold standard in front of millions in a nationally televised presidential debate? only ron paul. who deserves my vote? duh.

my vote is worth that much or it is worthless. this country doesn't deserve it anyway. i don't care what you think.

sailingaway
10-21-2012, 10:25 PM
leaving apart of all the personality traits and just saint-like characteristics just in case someone accuses me of being ron paul cultish, he is still the only one candidate that makes monetary reform the central platform of his campaign, while candidates like johnson make social issues his main and foreign policy/fiscal his secondary, and monetary nowhere to be found on his list. who else will talk about a gold standard in front of millions in a nationally televised presidential debate? only ron paul. who deserves my vote? duh.

my vote is worth that much or it is worthless. this country doesn't deserve it anyway. i don't care what you think.

+ rep, anyhow.

RabbitMan
10-21-2012, 10:28 PM

You obviously haven't been following Gary Johnson. He's basically parroting Ron Paul right now to soak up as much of that polled 10-15% out there that would have voted for Ron in a 3-way General Election. Gary today has been pushing for abolishing the IRS, returning to sound money, ending all foreign wars, bringing the troops home, getting rid of the Federal Reserve, balancing the budget NOW, etc. You might like him.

It's fascinating actually, because by doing this hyper-Paulist turn around, he's basically given up as being a serious candidate in exchange for trying to secure that 5% of the vote needed for the Libertarian Party to achieve public funding and be a legit 3rd Party. But if this was accomplished, it would basically ensure a Republican loss in every General Election for a long time to come. Very weird!

Czolgosz
10-21-2012, 11:56 PM
I will see through, to the end, my vote for RP.

youngbuck
10-22-2012, 12:17 AM
I can write in RP here in CO; I am undecided between RP and Gary Johnson. I guess, in the end, it doesn't matter much.

RickyJ
10-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Our votes for Ron Paul may not count, but if they do bother to see just how many vote for a guy that isn't even on the ballot or running they might get very nervous about 2016. Ron Paul running in 2016 is a possibility. Heck, he is still going strong at 77, in just 3 more years he could still run, and more importantly, he would have his best chance ever of actually winning!

youngbuck
10-22-2012, 01:30 AM
I decided that I'm voting my conscience. I was leaning Gary Johson just because he was on the ballot, but in my state write-in's an option. NOBP

Meatwasp
10-22-2012, 08:31 AM
I will see through, to the end, my vote for RP.
We are not quiters. I too voted for Ron Paul

Czolgosz
10-22-2012, 09:27 AM
We are not quiters. I too voted for Ron Paul

http://smiliesftw.com/details.php?q=RockOn.gif

2young2vote
10-22-2012, 09:47 AM
I wrote in Ron. I wasn't going to but I realized that Johnson wasn't on the ballot. Almost voted for the Taxpayers party (constitution party) but decided I may only have one real chance to vote for Ron for president and I couldn't pass that up.

jtstellar
10-22-2012, 10:21 AM
+ rep, anyhow.

i was mentally prepared from day 1 to have low rep forever since i only post when i vehemently agree or disagree something with a lot of emotions invested. not surprisingly, it turns many people off. but thanks anyway

the "you" in my post refers to those that disagree, of course. to me the fact that ron paul is still the statesman for this movement is self evident beyond questioning. people need to work to catch up to him, not telling everyone else to settle for less.

You obviously haven't been following Gary Johnson. He's basically parroting Ron Paul right now to soak up as much of that polled 10-15% out there that would have voted for Ron in a 3-way General Election. Gary today has been pushing for abolishing the IRS, returning to sound money, ending all foreign wars, bringing the troops home, getting rid of the Federal Reserve, balancing the budget NOW, etc. You might like him.

It's fascinating actually, because by doing this hyper-Paulist turn around, he's basically given up as being a serious candidate in exchange for trying to secure that 5% of the vote needed for the Libertarian Party to achieve public funding and be a legit 3rd Party. But if this was accomplished, it would basically ensure a Republican loss in every General Election for a long time to come. Very weird!

thanks i just can't quite bear to hear johnson talk more than 3 minutes.. something about his demeanor and shoulder roaming all over the place as soon as his jaw muscle starts moving just turns me off extremely, so the update is greatly appreciated.

his change might even be genuine because he might have looked into those positions and they made sense to him, so i'm not even going to embark on calling him hypocritical. i would just call him lazy. you probably knew already but during [this] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTch7InkZjo&feature=youtu.be)radio interview the host basically asked him where he obtained his libertarian knowledge, which meaty borderline-academia stuff he has read from, think in terms of all the reading lists ron paul gives people. the host ended up unintentionally (at least not the intent from the start) demolishing johnson because johnson's answer was pretty much zilch. he couldn't answer anything the host asked him. now i would understand if some ron paul grassroot just spends hours listening to our leading historians like tom woods or economists like peter schiff talk but because each has their own day job, they don't have the time to read these more hardcore libertarian textbooks. but come on, johnson is pretty much a career politician. that's what he should be doing.. reading stuff more hardcore than common civilians would.. that's his job. wth is he doing and why don't we just send in a commoner otherwise? when i questioned his work ethic, some die-hard supporter of his suggested then that johnson was (and still is, apparently) a work in progress and if enough people tell him, he will include these in his platform. what i said at the time was "why send a surgeon to the surgery table to learn medicine?" the freedom movement has been growing for 5 years, and johnson didn't do zilch during this period. wtf has he been doing? and why aren't we sending a 'shovel-ready' (hi obama) person to the task instead of sending some intern who is neither particularly articulate, has crappy body language as he talks and is not at all knowledgeable? plus, johnson's resumé is overrated. a governor? so what. people will forever remember ron paul for passing the audit the fed bill and the fact that he called the housing bubble as early as around 2002 when Community Reinvestment Act was passed. And get this--this upcoming global financial disaster and challenge to dollar's international reserve currency status that ron paul is calling, which johnson (duh) will miss too, not even worth doubting. wtf will people remember johnson for? just another one of 50 governors before another 50 replaced them. what's my point? johnson's resumé is overrated.

Madison320
10-22-2012, 01:10 PM
I think a vote for Gary Johnson has more chance of doing long term good than a vote for Ron Paul, because it helps to keep the Libertarian Party alive.

sailingaway
10-24-2012, 04:49 PM
here's mine:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1627&d=1351098606

sailingaway
10-29-2012, 01:56 PM
I think a vote for Gary Johnson has more chance of doing long term good than a vote for Ron Paul, because it helps to keep the Libertarian Party alive.

I think Ron Paul as the standard bearer brings more people to the liberty message. but your vote is your own and you should do what you think best with it.

resme
10-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Are write in ballots allowed in Virginia?

Seraphim
10-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Gary Johnson or Ron Paul...

Obama VS Romney....You may as well write in "Fuck it - Satan".

sailingaway
11-02-2012, 06:58 PM
bump

liberty2897
11-02-2012, 08:44 PM
I wrote Ron Paul on my ballot and put in the box as soon as I received it. I didn't think to take a picture of it, but it is done. I also checked yes on the I-502 here in Wa. I don't know if it makes any difference at all except in my own comfort level. I know that I did the right thing even if it is just a symbol of a mundane being mocked by a system that claims to represent the people that empower it. I realize I will probably get flamed for saying it, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for any other positions. They had "prefers republican party" and "prefers democrat party" next to all of their names. When I filled out the ballot, I could only think... fuck you guys for letting your names be associated with those parties... then again I voted for Ron Paul. At least his name only had "Write-in" next to it and not "Prefers Republican Party".

sailingaway
11-02-2012, 09:23 PM
I wrote Ron Paul on my ballot and put in the box as soon as I received it. I didn't think to take a picture of it, but it is done. I also checked yes on the I-502 here in Wa. I don't know if it makes any difference at all except in my own comfort level. I know that I did the right thing even if it is just a symbol of a mundane being mocked by a system that claims to represent the people that empower it. I realize I will probably get flamed for saying it, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for any other positions. They had "prefers republican party" and "prefers democrat party" next to all of their names. When I filled out the ballot, I could only think... fuck you guys for letting your names be associated with those parties... then again I voted for Ron Paul. At least his name only had "Write-in" next to it and not "Prefers Republican Party".

well, he doesn't identify by party, but by ideas, really. Plus rep!