PDA

View Full Version : Report on the Arizona Libertarian Conference

Acala
10-21-2012, 11:50 AM
I attended the Arizona Libertarian Conference at ASU yesterday. The event was organized by the Students for Liberty.

It was a GREAT event! Flawlessly organized, with great speakers with a variety of perspectives. Here is the announcement of the event.

http://www.meetup.com/Students-For-Liberty/events/81184182/?eventId=81184182&action=detail

I would guess around 150 people attended. Most were college students. Interestingly, I would say more than half the participants were women and most of the organizers were women. But now that I think of it, none of the speakers were women. (There is room for you gals on the speaker circuit! Step up to the podium.)

One speaker asked for a show of hands as to how many of the attendees became interested in libertarian philosophy as a result of Ron Paul. At least 90% raised their hands. This causes me to repeat what I have said before: Ron Paul is almost certainly the single greatest promoter and teacher of liberty - if measured by numbers - in history. Think about that and give yourself a pat on the back for recognizing greatness.

And rejoice in the fact that the liberty movement is by far the most intellectually sound and cohesive movement in the land, and is heavily populated by young people. This portends well for the future. And Ron Paul deserves a huge amount of the credit.

Oh, and I got a free Students for Liberty t-shirt that says "Peace, Love, Liberty" on it. That is PERFECT for me.