PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Video Going Viral - Adopting more Paulian Platform

LBT
11-20-2007, 05:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjYv2YW6azE
No.2 Viewed on Youtube today:eek:

It's a pretty effective video and I expect it will lift Mike H up in the polls.

It's good that Huckabee is platforming on Protecting 2nd amendment rights (constitutional issue) and Putting the IRS out of Business and Secure Borders. (No mention of the war)

This proves that Ron Paul's message is resonating and therefore policy discussions are headed in the direction of Ron Paul's policy.

I wouldn't be surprised in the Neo-con bandwagon eventually flees Giuliani and Romney (as they have Thompson) for Mike Huckabee once they lose hope for them.

In the mean time, Huckabee seems likely to draw more votes away from the top tier, probably increasing the chances of Ron Paul in early primaries.

Will Mike Huckabee draw votes from Ron Paul? A pretty small percentage I expect.

I actually think he will get some neocon followers looking at these issues more, and as they become more attracted to them, they may just learn that Ron Paul is the strongest on these issues.

Paulite5112007
11-20-2007, 05:02 AM
It seems he is pulling the Christian vote (pro-war Christian vote)

constituent
11-20-2007, 05:09 AM
mike huckabee = plan b

i remember seeing him on colbert and daily show
thinking, "there's the runner-up."

Adamsa
11-20-2007, 05:10 AM
I don't care about Huckabee, you shouldn't either.

Drknows
11-20-2007, 05:15 AM
Ron Paul isnt losing any votes to huckabee, Huckabee is a progressive republican that wants more government control. Hell he even wants to ban smoking because hes a health nut now.

The people voting for Huckabee are the "Gee i want to vote for Mitt but hes morman" types or " Gee i would vote for Rudy but hes been married three times". Or "gee Mccain and Fred dont look Christian enough and have hot wifes".

They dont care about the domestic issues the only reason there voting for huckabee is because hes a family man and for the war.

War, Religion and Family

Ron LOL
11-20-2007, 05:16 AM
Let's hear it for the combined creative energy of the Huckabee campaign, subverting a two year old meme for political gain.

LibertyRevolution
11-20-2007, 05:28 AM
This is my first time voting as a republican. When I see and hear Huck he seems like more of a normal Republican than rudy or romney. Why isnt he leading in the polls? Anyways I really hate Rudy and cannot wrap my head around how he is the frontrunner for the republicans. they really think he stands a chance in a general election just on name power of rudy 9/11?

RobertJ
11-20-2007, 05:30 AM
Do you not find that Huckabee is just doing the VERY thing thats wrong with American politics, "say what they wanna hear then forget it after the votes are cast". Every normal person in America knows Huck is lying through his teeth.

LBT
11-20-2007, 05:32 AM

I think we should care about what is going on with other candidates. To get to know what issues their supporters care about, what arguments influence them.

This helps us to see where to put our efforts to gain more converts to Ron Paul and also provides us with some insights about how to talk to them.

Not to mention, that looking at aspects of a campaign that is successful, such as this video, give us grass rooters and the campaign ideas about improving promotions.

The idea now springs to mind that getting some popular / repsected celebrities to endorse Ron Paul in some creative way, could create huge amounts of exposure to new audiences.

RonPaulFever
11-20-2007, 05:32 AM
Do you not find that Huckabee is just doing the VERY thing thats wrong with American politics, "say what they wanna hear then forget it after the votes are cast". Every normal person in America knows Huck is lying through his teeth.

Unfortunately the "normals" make up a slim minority in this dumbed-down parody of a once great nation.

LBT
11-20-2007, 05:35 AM
Let's hear it for the combined creative energy of the Huckabee campaign, subverting a two year old meme for political gain.
I thought it was very clever. Chuck did the serious platform pieces while Huckabee did jokes.

Unfortunately, I think this is a lot better than the "He's catchin' on" ad campaign.

Paulite5112007
11-20-2007, 05:44 AM
Unfortunately the "normals" make up a slim minority in this dumbed-down parody of a once great nation.

So true...I'd like to see more Ron Paul interviews done in places like a college dorm room. Ron Paul is an intelectual and despite what effect an ad like this may have, we are here because he is a man of integrity and principal, I simply do not see him participating in this type of ad.

I think he needs to keep putting out quality tv and radio ads that get people away from seeing him as a 'kook' candidate. I feel there are a lot of the undecided and wishy-washy Guilliani/Romney/Thompson supporters that would come over if only they did not think of themselves and getting a tin-foil hat with thier vote for Ron Paul. This also exposes him to people who have not heard of him.

In the end, its the grassroots that will win it though - a high turnout for ron paul supporters in the booth can make up for 10%-20% deficiet in polls.

KingTheoden
11-20-2007, 05:47 AM
We should get that Huckabee 'I love new taxes' video to go absolutely pandemic!

Menthol Patch
11-20-2007, 05:47 AM
The sickening thing is that if these candidates are changing their platform to make it more like Ron Paul's they are only doing so to gain political support. After obtaining office they would go back to their old ways.

Menthol Patch
11-20-2007, 05:51 AM
Also, I want to remind everyone yet again.

1) Huckabee does NOT want to reduce the size/cost/power of government. He wants to simply replace the income tax with a disgusting 23 percent sales tax. That is RIDICULOUS!

2) Huckabee supports the war in Iraq and would keep us there forever. He also would probably support a War with Iran.

3) He is a pro-drug war prohibitionist. He does NOT support your right to put what you want into your own body. He even wants to BAN CIGARETTES!

4) He is a PRO-FEDERAL RESERVE politician! He supports the INFLATION TAX!

Quite frankly, he supports big government in EVERY WAY!

Paulite5112007
11-20-2007, 05:53 AM
Make a video of them doing this....Im sure its possible and will be moreso in the near future. Video of ron paul making a statement with TalkingHead_A disagreeing with him then fade out and fade in to TalkingHead_A changing tune to be more inline with Ron Paul. Call it "Will the Real Ron Paul...Please Stand Up!"

Adamsa
11-20-2007, 05:54 AM
I propose all Huckabee threads go in Politics other forum.

The heck does this have to do with grassroots?

Dary
11-20-2007, 06:40 AM

1) Huckabee does NOT want to reduce the size/cost/power of government. He wants to simply replace the income tax with a disgusting 23 percent sales tax. That is RIDICULOUS!

2) Huckabee supports the war in Iraq and would keep us there forever. He also would probably support a War with Iran.

3) He is a pro-drug war prohibitionist. He does NOT support your right to put what you want into your own body. He even wants to BAN CIGARETTES!

5.) He has no respect for state's rights or the U.S. Constitution.

AlexMerced
11-20-2007, 06:44 AM
again, he's only an issue in Iowa, we just need to get Iowa Grassroots to hit the gun shops and churchs hard. GO GO GO!!!

LBT
11-20-2007, 06:51 AM

That's content for a good video to point all potential Huckabee fans toward.

uncloned21
11-20-2007, 06:57 AM
that was gay

we want issues!

ronpaulblogsdotcom
11-20-2007, 06:58 AM
I really didn't think it was a great video.

Lots of blank statements and cliches.

Seemed almost like a joke (Saturday Night Live skit).

Whatever....

BeFranklin
11-20-2007, 07:02 AM
We should get that Huckabee 'I love new taxes' video to go absolutely pandemic!

Keep linking it and the smoking stuff to the comments on the huckabee video.

BeFranklin
11-20-2007, 07:04 AM
I propose all Huckabee threads go in Politics other forum.

The heck does this have to do with grassroots?

I agree.

greves
11-20-2007, 07:05 AM
I feel bad for Huck... I think he's a total idiot. Consider this: Huck did not know that the Canadian Capitol Building was not an IGLOO. Yes, that's right. Huck honestly thought, when asked, that Canadian Government ran out of a BUILDING MADE OUT OF ICE.

He's an idiot.

walt
11-20-2007, 07:06 AM
this is what clinton did to tsongas - are you going to respond or are you going to become irrelevant to a fake?

Mithridates
11-20-2007, 07:17 AM
I think this Daily Show video has all people need to know about Huckabee:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=103260&title=have-gun-will-grovel

I'm a Christian myself but I don't think angels are responsible for bullets hitting deer when you go out hunting. :roll:

wgadget
11-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Bill Bennett (radio host) is shining a little bit of light on the perils of Huckabee today. He's bringing up that he's Pro-Nanny state (wants a national ban on smoking, wants to gauge benefits on your health,etc.), he is AGAINST SCHOOL VOUCHERS, is soft on ILLEGAL ALIENS.

The truth is starting to come out via the media.

Malakai0
11-20-2007, 07:23 AM
All this turmoil amongst the pro-war candidates only enhances our positions.

Huckabee is being ridiculous, the income tax isn't going ANYWHERE without monetary reform and massive foreign policy reform. I think most of RP's supporters understand this.

Dan Klaus
11-20-2007, 07:24 AM
found it lame and pathetic attempt to be hip....booooooo.....

Jagwarr
11-20-2007, 07:28 AM
I found that ad to be rather childish and outdated and not too far off from a "Saturady Night Live" commerical skit.

rpfreedom08
11-20-2007, 07:31 AM
the problem is, that for some reason chuck norris is popular again even though it's usually just to make fun of him on the internet. The second problem is,since when has the huckster been anti IRS and pro closed borders? This is clearly to draw potential voters away from ron paul. The huckster doesn't have money to continue but he would be the guy that isn't so "raticle" running on Ron Paul's platform. I can not stand this guy and he will have a special place picked out for him down south. He is lying through his teeth and it is so easy to see yet it doesn't matter for those types that just watch politics enough to be dangerous. Fuck Huck!

LibertyEagle
11-20-2007, 07:33 AM
Let Huckabee do his thing. Whatever that is.

We just need to stay on our own path and keep spreading the word about Paul and his stances.

rich34
11-20-2007, 07:40 AM
Let Huckabee do his thing. Whatever that is.

We just need to stay on our own path and keep spreading the word about Paul and his stances.

Exactly! I could care less what Huckabee is doing or not doing for that matter. Mitt will take care of him as the election nears.

rpfreedom08
11-20-2007, 07:41 AM
:^^hah true that :)

GHoeberX
11-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Huckabee seems like a nice guy and is very funny as well. But this is not about how much we like a person; this is about the issues and Ron Paul is way better on the issues than Huckabee.

tsetsefly
11-20-2007, 07:47 AM
a look at his record should be enought to see he is lying...

rpfreedom08
11-20-2007, 07:49 AM
^^^ thank you! What? People don't do that anymore and just take a candidate at face value? Bad bad bad idea!

KewlRonduderules
11-20-2007, 07:49 AM
I saw the ad and wrote about it in the general politics forum yesterday. This was a terrible terrible ad. It makes a mockery of the American public. As if we are going to vote for somebody because Chuck Norris says so.

Funny, I had the same expression on my face as Chris Mathews after watching the video on his show last night- it was bewilderment, bizarre, odd, and puzzling.

He really should pull the ad and at least try to make a better one.

jonathanwebb
11-20-2007, 07:53 AM
I thought the video was pretty clever. I don't think it will have much downside for Huckabee. People like their politicians to have a sense of humor.

But I do have one question: Since when did Huckabee have "get rid of the IRS" as part of his position?

I've never heard that before. Is that something new?

Drknows
11-20-2007, 07:56 AM
I thought the video was pretty clever. I don't think it will have much downside for Huckabee. People like their politicians to have a sense of humor.

But I do have one question: Since when did Huckabee have "get rid of the IRS" as part of his position?

He doesnt really want to get rid of it he just wants to replace it with another form of taxation. Kinda of like when a business just changes it name to attract new customers.

Thats his whole message candy coated lies.

troyd1
11-20-2007, 07:59 AM
I feel bad for Huck... I think he's a total idiot. Consider this: Huck did not know that the Canadian Capitol Building was not an IGLOO. Yes, that's right. Huck honestly thought, when asked, that Canadian Government ran out of a BUILDING MADE OUT OF ICE.

Where is the youtube or link on this?

robofx
11-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Ron Paul is an intelectual and despite what effect an ad like this may have, we are here because he is a man of integrity and principal, I simply do not see him participating in this type of ad.

I agree. This type of ad is beneath Paul. This is the type of gimmicky ad a local used-car dealer would produce if it could afford to hire Chuck Norris as a spokesperson.

"Chuch Norris is SMASHING prices!"

[que sound fx] "WHAM!" "BLAM!" "KA-BOOM!"

Childish.

GHoeberX
11-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Where is the youtube or link on this?

I'd like to see that too! I see Huck more like a stand-up comedian. He makes too many jokes in his speeches to be taken serious. Example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt6sxY6LaW4

Anyone else who thinks he looks like Kevin Spacey or am I the only one?

http://i10.tinypic.com/6y3raci.jpg
Mike Huckabee

http://i3.tinypic.com/81g85yu.jpg
Kevin Spacey

alien
11-20-2007, 08:30 AM
I hope that RP supporters aren't watching this and bumping it in the ratings seeing how the poster put the link there.

Bertrand
11-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Huckabee is dangerous. Every Huckabee fan I know has a second choice of Paul bt they like Huckabee better cause he seems "nice" and "funny". They're not strong issue voters but it's not like we couldn't use the voltes...

runderwo
11-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Can we post a video response to that video pointing out the dark side of Huckabee while the video itself is so popular?

RevolutionSD
11-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Huckabee is a CFR member!
He's a war mongering maniac!

YES he has a sense of humor, but the guy is a fraud! He's no conservative, not by any means. He wants a war with Iran for crying out loud!

We need to defeat Huckerbee as badly as any of the rest of the cons!!!!!!

Energy
11-20-2007, 10:17 AM
"Chuck Norris Roundhouse Kicks Separation Of Church And State"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1pnFg0Sp2Xw

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/9195/img296ko2.jpg (http://youtube.com/watch?v=1pnFg0Sp2Xw)

hawkeyenick
11-20-2007, 10:17 AM
I don't <3 Huckabee

Primbs
11-20-2007, 10:20 AM
The Hucklebee video is insulting to our intelligence. Most serious primary voters are going to disregard that video.

aroberso
11-20-2007, 10:20 AM

I am following this post so I can speak intelligently to a Huckabee supporter as I try to push them towards the Good Doctor. Your post got me there quicker. :-)

davidkachel
11-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Cute ad, but very stupid and it will absolutely backfire.

Ron LOL
11-20-2007, 10:30 AM
The Hucklebee video is insulting to our intelligence. Most serious primary voters are going to disregard that video.

I disagree. As much as I dislike it, it really helps to cement his "folksy" image.

The Huckster is really cruising on the whole "preacher man" thing. I have to say I'm impressed. However, I see a time in the not too distant future where he gets called out on the creationism thing and, well, fizzles. More generally, I see Huck as imposing morality through government (the smoking thing, for example). That just will not fly with voters.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
11-20-2007, 10:33 AM

+1! I'm seeing Huckabee's name more than Ron's in the grassroots section, which tells me that either his followers have infiltrated the site and are pumping up his name, or Paul supporters are behaving foolishly, or both. Just my .02.

Ron LOL
11-20-2007, 10:34 AM
+1! I'm seeing Huckabee's name more than Ron's in the grassroots section, which tells me that either his followers have infiltrated the site and are pumping up his name, or Paul supporters are behaving foolishly, or both. Just my .02.

Foolishness? In MY intarwebnettubes?!

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?!

fluoridatedbrainsoup
11-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Foolishness? In MY intarwebnettubes?!

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE?!
LOL

Jmaths117
11-20-2007, 11:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjYv2YW6azE
No.2 Viewed on Youtube today:eek:

It's a pretty effective video and I expect it will lift Mike H up in the polls.

It's good that Huckabee is platforming on Protecting 2nd amendment rights (constitutional issue) and Putting the IRS out of Business and Secure Borders. (No mention of the war)

This proves that Ron Paul's message is resonating and therefore policy discussions are headed in the direction of Ron Paul's policy.

I wouldn't be surprised in the Neo-con bandwagon eventually flees Giuliani and Romney (as they have Thompson) for Mike Huckabee once they lose hope for them.

In the mean time, Huckabee seems likely to draw more votes away from the top tier, probably increasing the chances of Ron Paul in early primaries.

Will Mike Huckabee draw votes from Ron Paul? A pretty small percentage I expect.

I actually think he will get some neocon followers looking at these issues more, and as they become more attracted to them, they may just learn that Ron Paul is the strongest on these issues.
this is a funny ad, but it only appeals to the internet audience, which is predominantly Ron Paul supporters. If anything I think this will alienate adults who aren't familiar with the inside joke.

brandon
11-20-2007, 11:09 AM
The comments for this video could really use some help. Go vote up the RP comments, and leave one of your own.

paulitics
11-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Huckabee takes away from Thompson more than anyone else. Is it no surprise that Fred's support has dropped in proportion to Huckabee's rise.

werdd
11-20-2007, 11:14 AM
flag it as spam lol.

Ridiculous
11-20-2007, 11:21 AM
It is pretty clever and will probably appeal to college age kids that lean conservative.The target audience is obviously 20 somethings. It is campy, but I don't think it will turn anyone off.

mwkaufman
11-20-2007, 11:33 AM

It's nothing new, remember Huckabee's strong showing at the Iowa Straw Poll? He had very strong organizational help from the Fair Tax crowd.

Cindy
11-20-2007, 11:37 AM
I think we should care about what is going on with other candidates. To get to know what issues their supporters care about, what arguments influence them.

This helps us to see where to put our efforts to gain more converts to Ron Paul and also provides us with some insights about how to talk to them.

Not to mention, that looking at aspects of a campaign that is successful, such as this video, give us grass rooters and the campaign ideas about improving promotions.

The idea now springs to mind that getting some popular / repsected celebrities to endorse Ron Paul in some creative way, could create huge amounts of exposure to new audiences.

I agree, and we should be applying that to Rudy and Mitt supporters, along with Hillary and Obama supporters. They are the ones leading in most every state for their parties. Thopmson has SC. Their supporters are the ones we have to understand better and convert to get the nomination, not Huckabee supporters.

Hucks army is too small to make dent in anything, ecept for the army he has in IOWA only. We need to be focussed on and working on understanding and then converting Mitt's Rudy's Hillary's and Obamas supporters.

Eric23
11-20-2007, 11:38 AM
I gotta admit that I love that ad.

vauge
11-20-2007, 11:43 AM
The sickening thing is that if these candidates are changing their platform to make it more like Ron Paul's they are only doing so to gain political support. After obtaining office they would go back to their old ways.

Yep, when I was interested in Huck - I don't remember reading anything about the IRS on his website nor did he mention any interest of abolishing it. :rolleyes:

Funny commercial though. lol

tmg19103
11-20-2007, 11:49 AM
I hope Huck wins Iowa. It will really cause people to question Romney and give RP a better chance to take N.H. from Romney. It will also bring out the long daggers against Huck by the other neocons, which will expose him as Tax Hike Mike as they fight among each other while RP sticks to the issues.

The scary thing, in Iowa at least, is that they seem to prefer the most phony, plastic and scripted politicians in Mitt and Huck.

hawkeyenick
11-20-2007, 11:51 AM
I hope Huck wins Iowa. It will really cause people to question Romney and give RP a better chance to take N.H. from Romney. It will also bring out the long daggers against Huck by the other neocons, which will expose him as Tax Hike Mike as they fight among each other while RP sticks to the issues.

The scary thing, in Iowa at least, is that they seem to prefer the most phony, plastic and scripted politicians in Mitt and Huck.

The older crowd do, everyone else hates them