PDA

View Full Version : Two off-duty Florida officers fatally shoot armed, naked woman

tod evans
10-21-2012, 04:39 AM
This sounds fishy to me....

What was she "armed" with? There's no mention of a pistol, rifle or shotgun.

Was the alleged "irrational" behavior being naked? Or maybe pissed off or scared...

Knowing how circumstances are twisted and manipulated by the cops and reporters I've got to wonder.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/21/two-off-duty-florida-officers-fatally-shoot-armed-naked-woman/

Two off-duty Florida law-enforcement officers fatally shot an armed, naked woman who confronted them at a party Saturday, authorities said.
The shooting occurred at about 1:15 p.m. Saturday in Hernando County, north of Tampa. The county sheriff's office said in a news release that the men were approached by an "armed, naked and irrational female." The news release does not identify the weapon, but it says "one or both of the law enforcement officers fired their weapons, striking the female." She died at the scene.
"She was just acting irrational," Hernando County Sheriff Al Neinhuis told MyFoxTampaBay. "It was obvious being naked she was not in her right mind."
Neinhuis said someone at the party called 911 to report her, but she returned to the gathering before police could arrive.
"She came back with a weapon and confronted both the Tampa police officer and my sheriff's office detective," Neinhuis told MyFoxTampaBay. "She came with a weapon and I would surmise that they felt their life was in danger."
Both officers have been placed on administrative leave as the Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigates the shooting in the Spring Hill community.
Authorities have identified the officers as Hernando County sheriff's Detective Rocky Allen Howard, 31, and Tampa police officer William Mechler, 26, who have served six and four years, respectively. Tampa police say Mechler was "off duty and acting in the capacity of a private citizen."
Lt. Cinda Moore, a spokeswoman for the Hernando sheriff's office, said in an email late Saturday that she could not immediately identify the woman or disclose the weapon she was carrying. She said she also could not comment on what the woman specifically said or did or whether she was told to drop the weapon, explaining that the FDLE is leading the investigation.
The Hernando County sheriff's office does permit the carrying of service weapons when off-duty, she said.
The Tampa-area shooting comes two weeks after a naked, unarmed University of South Alabama freshman was fatally shot by a campus police officer after going to the police station there and pounding on the glass. The shooting has led to protests by students.
Police said 18-year-old Gil Collar had taken LSD and acted aggressively when an officer came outside carrying a gun. The officer repeatedly backed away from the student before firing. An attorney for the student's family says Collar never touched the officer and the fatal shooting never should have happened. Authorities have said a grand jury will review that shooting to determine whether charges should be filed.

paulbot24
10-21-2012, 04:46 AM
The news release does not identify the "weapon" she was carrying...... "Sheeeeeeeeittt Negro, that's all you had to say." Very suspicious indeed. Along with the "one or both fired their weapons" after saying initially it was two officers fatally shooting her. Somehow they always seem to just know drugs were involved. That damn Ron Paul. You can just NEVER read these stories the same way after he gives you the damn red pill.

Travlyr
10-21-2012, 05:48 AM
Troopers - Inside The Florida Highway Patrol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfZ-_xoz9kk

Standing Army.

presence
10-21-2012, 07:48 AM
We need a naked open carry march.

phill4paul
10-21-2012, 07:49 AM
We need a naked open carry march.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kU0XCVey_U

HOLLYWOOD
10-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Did Florida tax dollars pay for this propaganda bullshit? Or was this another DHS stolen money from all taxpayers grant?(the norm now) Fuckin halarious, "Get to the position of attention... That's with your hands at your sides!" LOL!

Standing Army.

jay_dub
10-21-2012, 11:37 AM
I guess we have to wait for more info on this one. Report says she had a weapon, but does not say what kind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two off-duty Florida law-enforcement officers fatally shot an armed, naked woman who confronted them at a party Saturday, authorities said.

The shooting occurred at about 1:15 p.m. Saturday in Hernando County, north of Tampa. The county sheriff's office said in a news release that the men were approached by an "armed, naked and irrational female." The news release does not identify the weapon, but it says "one or both of the law enforcement officers fired their weapons, striking the female." She died at the scene.

"She was just acting irrational," Hernando County Sheriff Al Neinhuis told MyFoxTampaBay. "It was obvious being naked she was not in her right mind."

Neinhuis said someone at the party called 911 to report her, but she returned to the gathering before police could arrive.

"She came back with a weapon and confronted both the Tampa police officer and my sheriff's office detective," Neinhuis told MyFoxTampaBay. "She came with a weapon and I would surmise that they felt their life was in danger."

Both officers have been placed on administrative leave as the Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigates the shooting in the Spring Hill community.

Authorities have identified the officers as Hernando County sheriff's Detective Rocky Allen Howard, 31, and Tampa police officer William Mechler, 26, who have served six and four years, respectively. Tampa police say Mechler was "off duty and acting in the capacity of a private citizen."

Lt. Cinda Moore, a spokeswoman for the Hernando sheriff's office, said in an email late Saturday that she could not immediately identify the woman or disclose the weapon she was carrying. She said she also could not comment on what the woman specifically said or did or whether she was told to drop the weapon, explaining that the FDLE is leading the investigation.

The Hernando County sheriff's office does permit the carrying of service weapons when off-duty, she said.

The Tampa-area shooting comes two weeks after a naked, unarmed University of South Alabama freshman was fatally shot by a campus police officer after going to the police station there and pounding on the glass. The shooting has led to protests by students.

Police said 18-year-old Gil Collar had taken LSD and acted aggressively when an officer came outside carrying a gun. The officer repeatedly backed away from the student before firing. An attorney for the student's family says Collar never touched the officer and the fatal shooting never should have happened. Authorities have said a grand jury will review that shooting to determine whether charges should be filed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/21/two-off-duty-florida-officers-fatally-shoot-armed-naked-woman/?test=latestnews

Anti Federalist
10-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Police said 18-year-old Gil Collar had taken LSD and acted aggressively when an officer came outside carrying a gun. The officer repeatedly backed away from the student before firing.

Fucking liars.

Origanalist
10-21-2012, 12:07 PM

Well then by all means shoot her, these two hero's should have a parade in their honor.

phill4paul
10-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Fucking liars.

Truth is treason in the Empire.

torchbearer
10-21-2012, 12:15 PM
I had to install some equipment at our local narcotics department. they do have a military mentality. one guy had a report he typing on what he saw during a "rent-a-cop" shift he was getting paid to do at a local apartment complex. basically acting as a narcotics agent under the guise of apartment security. he was spying on people and reporting what he saw.

they had poster of military equipment. even the IT guy was a douche pig. public is enemy number one to these jackasses.
Its a war on us. yet we aren't allowed by law to defend ourselves from the thugs in costume.

TheTexan
10-21-2012, 12:28 PM
armed, naked and irrational female

They probably tried to rape her. Would explain the armed, naked, and irrational...

would also explain the 'fatally shoot'... dead women tell no tales

thoughtomator
10-21-2012, 12:33 PM
The news release does not identify the "weapon" she was carrying

Were it a weapon worth the name, they would have been more specific. Could have been a ballpoint pen. Journalism is dead.

thoughtomator
10-21-2012, 12:34 PM
They probably tried to rape her. Would explain the armed, naked, and irrational...

would also explain the 'fatally shoot'... dead women tell no tales

that thought crossed my mind also... if they had raped her, it would explain why she was naked and why she was "irrational"

jay_dub
10-21-2012, 12:40 PM
First they came for the dogs,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a dog.

Then they came for the amputeess,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't an amputee.

Then they came for the naked and irrational,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't irrational and I had my pants on.

Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak for me.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Yes, this is very fishy.

Off duty officers "acting in the capacity of private citizens" at a "party." They won't say what the woman was armed with, and they keep saying on the local news that "it is not clear whether one or both officers fired their weapons."

This happened more than 24 hours ago. There are two questions that should have easy answers. I suspect they are interviewing "witnesses" and getting their story together. INTERVIEWER: "Yes, I know it might have looked like a plastic fork, but it was really a large butcher knife." The police will be investigated by the police, of course.

In FL, it is legal for a private citizen to use a firearm to prevent a forcible felony. So it's legal and feasible for two private citizens to fire on the same person. However, there are some very simple and straightforward facts being omitted here. What was the weapon? Did one person fire? Or two? Those would be mentioned in the news within an hour if these were really private citizens. Sounds like they're cooking up their story and figuring out how they can spin it. I think this will hinge on whether it was a party full of cops, or a few cops at a party. I would be shocked if they were tested for alcohol or other chemicals like anyone else would be.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-21-2012, 01:03 PM
that thought crossed my mind also... if they had raped her, it would explain why she was naked and why she was "irrational"

I doubt it. Local news is reporting that she had left and came back. That wouldn't really fit with that sort of situation.

TheTexan
10-21-2012, 01:06 PM
I doubt it. Local news is reporting that she had left and came back. That wouldn't really fit with that sort of situation.

It would if she lived there

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-21-2012, 01:12 PM
It would if she lived there

Read my post before that. Also, the official story thus far is that they called the police regarding the woman and she left before they could get there. Then she came back with the undisclosed "weapon." I'm not getting the impression that she lived there.

Travlyr
10-21-2012, 01:24 PM
This sounds fishy to me....

What was she "armed" with? There's no mention of a pistol, rifle or shotgun.

Was the alleged "irrational" behavior being naked? Or maybe pissed off or scared...

Knowing how circumstances are twisted and manipulated by the cops and reporters I've got to wonder.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/21/two-off-duty-florida-officers-fatally-shoot-armed-naked-woman/

Judge, Jury, and Executioners.

jay_dub
10-21-2012, 01:26 PM
My guess is that no charges will come from this.

Per Florida law, regarding private citizens use of deadly force:

Title XLVI
CRIMES

Chapter 776
JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.013 Home protection; use of deadly force; presumption of fear of death or great bodily harm.—
(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:
(a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person’s will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and
(b) The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.

More at:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.013.html

torchbearer
10-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Judge, Jury, and Executioners.

http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Judge-Dredd.jpg

MelissaWV
10-21-2012, 01:42 PM
You do have to wonder about people whose first response to a naked woman is "she's irrational! SHOOT 'ER!"

Origanalist
10-21-2012, 02:32 PM
You do have to wonder about people whose first response to a naked woman is "she's irrational! SHOOT 'ER!"

I can remember when a naked woman at a party (or anywhere else)was considered a good thing.

BlackJack
10-21-2012, 02:43 PM
This smells like bullshit. Any reasonable off-duty officer would know to use their discretion especially when dealing with someone who is "acting irrational," such as being drunk or high on something. Drawing their weapons and shooting them shouldn't even enter their mind except maybe holding them until they calm down and assess the situation. Like someone else said I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to rape the woman and she tried defending herself. I presume they were at a party with drinks which is pretty typical. And the fact that not one but BOTH officers shot her already adds to the stinking brew. Not to mention that the so-called weapon she had has yet to be identified. Probably trying to cover this up to save their corrupt asses.

Schifference
10-21-2012, 02:54 PM
She was armed had 2 of them. Also had a pair of legs.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-21-2012, 02:56 PM
This smells like bullshit. Any reasonable off-duty officer would know to use their discretion especially when dealing with someone who is "acting irrational," such as being drunk or high on something. Drawing their weapons and shooting them shouldn't even enter their mind except maybe holding them until they calm down and assess the situation. Like someone else said I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to rape the woman and she tried defending herself. I presume they were at a party with drinks which is pretty typical. And the fact that not one but BOTH officers shot her already adds to the stinking brew. Not to mention that the so-called weapon she had has yet to be identified. Probably trying to cover this up to save their corrupt asses.

I know you're new around here ( or maybe not - lol), but their mode these days isn't usually reasonable or rational.

Something stupid going on? Yes. Cops covering for cops? Yes. Rape theory plausible? Kinda, but only because I don't rule things out until they can be ruled out. I don't think a woman who escapes a rape attempt (or a rape) returns to the scene. Possible, but not likely. Besides, if she did return to the scene, it wouldn't be with an undisclosed weapon. Maybe she was involuntarily drugged? I don't know. This is being presented as a "party." That implies there are several witnesses. It happened at 1:30 PM. That doesn't sound like drunk-cop-rape-time. This "rape theory" some of you guys are suggesting is pretty weak. (without being impossible...)

QuickZ06
10-21-2012, 03:12 PM

Standing Army.

Jesus Christ no wonder they act the way they do, they really do think this is full out WAR! Bet they did not even go over the constitution once in that 27 weeks.

BlackJack
10-21-2012, 03:17 PM
I know you're new around here ( or maybe not - lol), but their mode these days isn't usually reasonable or rational.

True and I know that very well but not all cops are corrupt criminals with badges. Most of them but not all.

This is being presented as a "party."

Well doesn't it say in the news report it was a party? You assume that all the drunk crap happens at night all the time and that's simply not so.

This "rape theory" some of you guys are suggesting is pretty weak. (without being impossible...)

I'm not saying she was raped but if she was, I wouldn't be surprised. Either way right now it doesn't seem there was a justifiable reason to shoot this woman by one or the both of them.

AGRP
10-21-2012, 03:18 PM
What an incredibly fishy story. Perhaps they were attempting to rape a drunk woman who was defending herself.

Travlyr
10-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Jesus Christ no wonder they act the way they do, they really do think this is full out WAR! Bet they did not even go over the constitution once in that 27 weeks.
I like how he says, "There needs to be some order in this country, and we are that order. We are the peace officers" As the "Peace" officers are gang aiming their rifles at citizens. @ 8:20

War is Peace.

S.Shorland
10-21-2012, 03:39 PM
.. duplicate joke

acptulsa
10-21-2012, 03:46 PM

No, I don't. I don't wonder about them at all. The train of thought is so completely foreign to my own that I don't even bother.

I think they're the irrational ones. And if I saw either with a gun, I just might shoot first and ask questions later.

Rape theory plausible? Kinda, but only because I don't rule things out until they can be ruled out. I don't think a woman who escapes a rape attempt (or a rape) returns to the scene. Possible, but not likely.

Now try this theory: Cops try to rape woman, woman grabs gun off of one of them, the other shoots her while she's trying to decipher the safety catch.

TheTexan
10-21-2012, 03:48 PM
And if I saw either with a gun, I just might shoot first and ask questions later.

Justifiable. Being a mundane is a dangerous occupation

QuickZ06
10-21-2012, 03:51 PM
I like how he says, "There needs to be some order in this country, and we are that order. We are the peace officers" As the "Peace" officers are gang aiming their rifles at citizens. @ 8:20

War is Peace.

And this story is a great example of keeping that order in check :rolleyes:.Yep, definitely wanted you to blast a naked women with my tax dollars in order to keep the 'peace". Sick.

phill4paul
10-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Justifiable. Being a mundane is a dangerous occupation

Apply circular force continuum. YOUR safety is paramount.

Pericles
10-21-2012, 05:28 PM
I can remember when a naked woman at a party (or anywhere else)was considered a good thing.

I have seen one exception to that rule.

fisharmor
10-21-2012, 05:30 PM
This smells like bullshit. Any reasonable off-duty officer would know to use their discretion especially when dealing with someone who is "acting irrational," such as being drunk or high on something.

Hi, welcome to the forums. Like MWMMI2, I hope you aren't harboring any misapprehensions about cops that you want to hang on to... the problem with your line of reasoning is that they are never off-duty, never reasonable, and never use discretion.
There is simply no need to.

These guys talked to other people on the force, admitted they raped her and it went south, and the whole force is covering their asses now.

The fact that everyone here immediately jumped to the rape conclusion is indicative of how much faith we have in the law enforcement community around here. It took about 3-5 years of daily stories like this to get there.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Well doesn't it say in the news report it was a party? You assume that all the drunk crap happens at night all the time and that's simply not so.

Uhhh. No I don't. I live in the area and I just told you what the official story is. Don't tell me what I assume. I'll make it clear when I'm assuming shit.

Yeah, the news report says it was a "party." It doesn't say who was there, what they were doing, and their relationships to each other. And when they won't tell you what the "weapon" was or how many people fired shots, which should be easily determined facts, I don't have any confidence in them throwing around the word "party," either.

puppetmaster
10-21-2012, 07:56 PM
No, I don't. I don't wonder about them at all. The train of thought is so completely foreign to my own that I don't even bother.

I think they're the irrational ones. And if I saw either with a gun, I just might shoot first and ask questions later.

Now try this theory: Cops try to rape woman, woman grabs gun off of one of them, the other shoots her while she's trying to decipher the safety catch. This or something like this....a party at 13:45?? ok off duty guy just hanging with his buddy??? right.....this is a lie, now lets see what comes of it.

juleswin
10-21-2012, 08:14 PM
I have seen one exception to that rule.

Less me guess, when that woman is a family member?

acptulsa
10-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Less me guess, when that woman is a family member?

Would you please shut up before he says something that would cause us all to, if only briefly, picture in our minds' eyes Roseanne Barr?

Thank you for your cooperation.

pcosmar
10-21-2012, 08:24 PM

:confused:

This was in Florida,,, right?

(Google Fantasy Fest,, NSFW)

mrsat_98
10-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I had to install some equipment at our local narcotics department. they do have a military mentality. one guy had a report he typing on what he saw during a "rent-a-cop" shift he was getting paid to do at a local apartment complex. basically acting as a narcotics agent under the guise of apartment security. he was spying on people and reporting what he saw.

they had poster of military equipment. even the IT guy was a douche pig. public is enemy number one to these jackasses.
Its a war on us. yet we aren't allowed by law to defend ourselves from the thugs in costume.

You forget they are dealing with animals.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-21-2012, 09:07 PM
:confused:

This was in Florida,,, right?

(Google Fantasy Fest,, NSFW)

Key West ain't no cop party. Google Gasparilla too. :) Turn off the filters. lol

Pericles
10-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Would you please shut up before he says something that would cause us all to, if only briefly, picture in our minds' eyes Roseanne Barr?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Nailed it - I don't party with my relatives, but I understand there may be some RPFers who do .....

The Horror! (Where is that barf smiley?)

daviddee
10-21-2012, 10:16 PM

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-22-2012, 08:12 AM
Local news is now using language suggesting both cops fired. (previously, they were saying it was unclear.) They still won't say what the "weapon" was, but they showed what looked like a screen capture from a mobile phone video showing the girl walking away from the property.

Just found a link...

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/10/21/exclusive_men_saw_na.html

Nice. They found a pic of her in orange. :rolleyes:

Her boyfriend says...

The gun is what Simpson said the off-duty officers saw her wielding when they opened fire. Simpson said the gun is very old, that it holds one bullet and that it doesn't fire.

This same channel is still not saying what the weapon was during their broadcasts.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-22-2012, 08:22 AM
ooooooh, this is interesting.... This is at the link above - from her self described boyfriend.

David Simpson, who described himself as Swanson's boyfriend, said she was very religious and that she thought "the end times were near." He said she had attended Bible study earlier in the week.

Simpson said deputies found the cross that Collins and Eylward said Swanson had been carrying inside his home after the shooting. Simpson said the investigators told him she had left the cross in his home and taken his antique gun.

Theory... she threatened them with the cross. This is why they refused to identify the "weapon." They searched the boyfriend's house, left the cross, and found the antique gun. Had she really had a gun, I expect that would have been the first thing in the news story. It always is otherwise.

He's a moron for letting them in his home, since I think they finally found their cover story.

tod evans
10-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Killin' naked Christians now, eh?

acptulsa
10-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Its always the drugs.

And when it actually is the drug, that drug is usually Xanax. But it's never Xanax, it's always something Big Pharma ostensibly doesn't make because it's illegal. Or rather, is illegal because Big Pharma doesn't have a lock on making it...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-23-2012, 11:55 AM
So it looks like this is getting swept under the rug fairly easily. The new gig from the local news is that people are shocked about the woman's erratic behavior, but no one is disputing whether she had a firearm or not.

I don't know how many people were at the "party" with the cops. But it seems she did barge into one home where she didn't belong, so it's not a stretch to think she barged into another place she didn't belong. People at the first place say she was waving around a cross. I do believe she probably kinda "lost it," but I'm still suspicious of the gun claim. I wonder how many witnesses were at the location where she was shot.

puppetmaster
10-23-2012, 12:12 PM
So it looks like this is getting swept under the rug fairly easily. The new gig from the local news is that people are shocked about the woman's erratic behavior, but no one is disputing whether she had a firearm or not.

I don't know how many people were at the "party" with the cops. But it seems she did barge into one home where she didn't belong, so it's not a stretch to think she barged into another place she didn't belong. People at the first place say she was waving around a cross. I do believe she probably kinda "lost it," but I'm still suspicious of the gun claim. I wonder how many witnesses were at the location where she was shot.

Hell it was probably a LE party so no one will speak.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Hell it was probably a LE party so no one will speak.

I suspect that as well, since it took so long to identify the "weapon." I believe her boyfriend recently said the "antique gun" was mounted on the wall somewhere. I have no idea how fast they were in his home after the incident, or whether he noticed it missing, himself. It seems it was LE who told him it was missing, and also found the cross at his house.

This may not be over yet, depending on the "party."

BlackJack
10-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Uhhh. No I don't. I live in the area and I just told you what the official story is.

No you didn't, your whole argument (or lack thereof) was based on meaningless assumptions, such as one I pointed out before.

Don't tell me what I assume. I'll make it clear when I'm assuming shit.

Right about one thing: Your assumptions are shit.

Yeah, the news report says it was a "party."

But it said "party," end of story.

Athan
10-29-2012, 09:21 AM
An armed naked irrational woman. Sounds like a normal wife.