PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Jones' Bill: Impeachment If Pres. Goes To War Without Congressional Authority!

libertygrl
10-20-2012, 05:04 PM
I don't know if anyone had previously posted this. I heard about it on CSPAN and had to look it up:

His Press Conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RzVLmngb6s

Tell Capital Hill to Support Walter Jones Impeachment Bill H. Con res 107
This link will take you to the petition and also give you the option of sending letters to all your Representatives.

h ttp://www.petition2congress.com/6353/we-people-support-hconres107/

CONCURRENT RESOLUTION

Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.

Whereas the cornerstone of the Republic is honoring Congress's exclusive power to declare war under article I, section 8, clause 11 of the Constitution: Now, therefore,
be iResolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That it is the sense of Congress that, except in response to an actual or imminent attack against the territory of the United States, the use of offensive military force by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress violates Congress's exclusive power to declare war under article I, section 8, clause 11 of the Constitution and therefore constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under article II, section 4 of the Constitution.

Pericles
10-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Congress could just as easily pass a law that no federal regulation or rule may take effect unless approved by Congress. That won't happen either.

kathy88
10-20-2012, 05:15 PM
He's been serving since 1995. So it was okay when Bush did it. Just not the dems.

libertygrl
10-20-2012, 05:17 PM
He's been serving since 1995. So it was okay when Bush did it. Just not the dems.

I don't care. He's doing it now. People are dying for no good reason. We need to support him.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-20-2012, 05:20 PM

He had a heart changing experience into becoming strongly anti-war.

brandon
10-20-2012, 05:21 PM

He changed his position. He was a supporter of the Iraq war at the time too. Not anymore. He's one of the better ones.

GunnyFreedom
10-20-2012, 05:45 PM

He changed his position. He was a supporter of the Iraq war at the time too. Not anymore. He's one of the better ones.

He had a heart changing experience into becoming strongly anti-war.

Jones was converted by Ron Paul directly. Jones was the guy who coined the term "Freedom Fries" because France opposed the Iraq invasion, but had a serious 'come to Jesus' moment when our men and women started coming home broken and maimed. He converted shortly before Bush left office.

acptulsa
10-20-2012, 05:49 PM
I thought Dubya went up the Hill, and came tumbling down with a couple of Congressional Declarations. Unlike Obama...

Dubya didn't do much right. Let's give what little credit is due. Especially if other reputations hang on the question.

I'm all about this amendment. I can't imagine another I'd like better, unless it was an amendment to repeal every amendment passed during the Twentieth Century. Except, of course, the 21st.

James Madison
10-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Dude wrote a letter of sympathy to every family that lost a child in Iraq, apologizing for his initial support of the war. That's class.

Pericles
10-20-2012, 06:21 PM
Dude wrote a letter of sympathy to every family that lost a child in Iraq, apologizing for his initial support of the war. That's class.

Indeed it is.