PDA

View Full Version : MI-Cops raid home for pot. Shoot dog in yard, chase two others through house, kill all 3.

Anti Federalist
10-20-2012, 11:34 AM
Witnesses: Detroit police fatally shoot three harmless dogs during pot bust

October 17, 2012 by Steve Neavling

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2012/10/17/witnesses-detroit-police-fatally-shoot-three-harmless-dogs-during-pot-bust/

There was nothing James Woods could do.

He screamed; he pleaded. ”Please don’t harm my dogs,” he begged police, who moments earlier had barged into his east-side home looking for marijuana.

Woods was forced into a corner last week when the first shot rang out – a 12-gauge shotgun. Woods’ young pit bull, Tank, who neighbors and witnesses say was confined to a locked fence outside and unable to harm anyone, lay dead in a puddle of blood, shot in the face.

Fearing police would hurt his two other dogs, who were inside the house, Woods cried out: “Please! They won’t hurt you! Stop chasing them! They’re just scared. ”

Witnesses told a consistent story: Police chased the dogs, Hump and Janey, around the house, shooting Woods’ longtime companions as they fled.

“They came in like they were shooting deer,” Woods said.

Janey, a small, older pit bull, dragged a trail of blood around the house until she finally collapsed.

“They shot her four times as she was trying to get away,” Woods said, his pale blue eyes welling up. “She didn’t have a chance. It just isn’t right.”

Neighbors said the three dogs, which included a German shepherd mix, were tame and friendly.

“They were good dogs,” a neighbor said.

Police didn’t respond to calls or emails for comment.

Woods, a financially struggling jack-of-all-trades, spent the next two days in jail, grieving his companions.

His friend, Scott Kraz, photographed the carcasses in hopes of proving that police shot the dogs from behind.

“From the position of the two dogs inside the building, they were running away from the door, away from the police,” Kraz said.

After collecting the evidence, Kraz buried the three dogs in the front yard of the home, where Woods now lives alone, with a heavy heart.

On Tuesday afternoon, Woods finished up a long day of trimming trees and sparked a cigarette.

“They killed my dogs,” he said, shaking his head. “The Detroit Police Department murdered my dogs.”

coastie
10-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Sooooooooo, lemme guess-no pot was found, right?

aGameOfThrones
10-20-2012, 12:18 PM
OK people… let me start off by saying that I in no way condone the actions of the officers involved, I know I would be devastated if something happened to my dogs. That being said this man is so quick to point fingers.. if he had not been involved in illegal activities, the police wouldn’t have raided his home. Believe it or not it is still illegal for cops to raid your home without probable cause and a search warrant. A judge had to sign the search warrant and in order to get a judge go sign said search warrant they had to have evidence against him… so guess what that leads me to believe, this man wasn’t as innocent as he is trying to make you believe. The police in Detroit are busy so I very highly doubt they raided his home just so they could bully him and his dogs. I know this will tick people off, but I don’t really care. I just think you should keep in mind that had he not been doing what he was doing the police would never have entered his home thus ending up shooting the dogs. If he needs to blame someone, all he needs to do is take a good look in the mirror.

AGRP
10-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Theres not enough victims of crimes in Detroit so theyre going after victimless crimes? Arent they currently begging for money claiming the city is essentially under siege?

EBounding
10-20-2012, 12:29 PM
They went after him for possessing plant material, not molesting children or murder. Do we really want to tolerate this as a society?

Detroit has MUCH MUCH bigger problems than marijuana.

squarepusher
10-20-2012, 12:42 PM
OK people… let me start off by saying that I in no way condone the actions of the officers involved, I know I would be devastated if something happened to my dogs. That being said this man is so quick to point fingers.. if he had not been involved in illegal activities, the police wouldn’t have raided his home. Believe it or not it is still illegal for cops to raid your home without probable cause and a search warrant. A judge had to sign the search warrant and in order to get a judge go sign said search warrant they had to have evidence against him… so guess what that leads me to believe, this man wasn’t as innocent as he is trying to make you believe. The police in Detroit are busy so I very highly doubt they raided his home just so they could bully him and his dogs. I know this will tick people off, but I don’t really care. I just think you should keep in mind that had he not been doing what he was doing the police would never have entered his home thus ending up shooting the dogs. If he needs to blame someone, all he needs to do is take a good look in the mirror.

neg rep given

Dr.3D
10-20-2012, 12:44 PM
If you don't want people to know who you are, you shouldn't post the same comment here as you did there in that article. Now everybody will know you have a facebook page.

Edit:
Also, I would like to add. He is supposed to be considered innocent till proven guilty. Looks to me like the cops just went in and killed the dogs of an innocent man.

Has he been proven guilty yet? Huh? Has he?

Even if he has now been found guilty, it isn't like he was when the cops just broke in and started doling out a death sentence to his dogs. Are the cops supposed to be judge jury and executioner now?

thoughtomator
10-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Beware of jonesing cops

thoughtomator
10-20-2012, 01:12 PM

I can't believe I'm seeing a comment like this on RPF. Perhaps ilovethepolicestate.com is a better forum for you?

Shane Harris
10-20-2012, 01:16 PM
commented

Shane Harris
10-20-2012, 01:18 PM

I saw this comment and then I see it here and am appalled and surprised as I never expected such a lousy excuse for police brutality to come from this forum. So according to you, if you’re doing illegal activities and the police bust down your door they are allowed to murder your wife or children, even if they are running away? Humans aren’t dogs, but it is still illegal to shoot a dog that poses no threat regardless of who it belongs to. Not to mention that it is a ridiculous law in the first place to merit such aggressive and violent behavior. Who is the real criminal? Who is the one using violence and force against others? And for the record, many many many times they have the wrong address or find no pot. Then they say oops and never get in any trouble for shooting your dogs, destroying your house, and beating you within an inch of life without cause.
http://www.policemisconduct.net/

Anti Federalist
10-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I can't believe I'm seeing a comment like this on RPF. Perhaps ilovethepolicestate.com is a better forum for you?

GoT is playing games.

He cut and pasted that from the story's comments.

angelatc
10-20-2012, 01:19 PM

That's not true at all. In fact, that's pretty messed up.

You realize that they can get a warrant based on nothing more than an alleged anonymous tip, right?

The right to be secure in our own homes shouldn't take a backseat to the demands of compliance with a police state.

The Free Hornet
10-20-2012, 01:40 PM
GoT is playing games.

The I'll have to up-rep him elsewhere. Sometimes I don't get the "jokes" here.

Anti Federalist
10-20-2012, 01:46 PM

From some broad named Jessica Swift.

Here's her FarceBook page: (link is at the comment at the OP)

https://www.facebook.com/jessica.swift.3538

The comment as orginally posted:

Jessica Swift on October 19, 2012

Dr.3D
10-20-2012, 01:51 PM
GoT is playing games.

How do you know "he" isn't the same person who made that comment?

AFPVet
10-20-2012, 01:56 PM

I have seen several raids where they hit the wrong house. So no, this is not always the case. The failed war on drugs has cost so many lives (animal and people) as well as property damage. This shit needs to stop. So many lives have been devastated... all for what... a little pot?

Oh and as a former reserve deputy sheriff, I can tell you that some judges sign off on warrants based on very little PC.

Anti Federalist
10-20-2012, 01:59 PM
How do you know "he" isn't the same person who made that comment?

I don't.

Kylie
10-20-2012, 02:26 PM
If you don't want people to know who you are, you shouldn't post the same comment here as you did there in that article. Now everybody will know you have a facebook page.

Edit:
Also, I would like to add. He is supposed to be considered innocent till proven guilty. Looks to me like the cops just went in and killed the dogs of an innocent man.

Has he been proven guilty yet? Huh? Has he?

Even if he has now been found guilty, it isn't like he was when the cops just broke in and started doling out a death sentence to his dogs. Are the cops supposed to be judge jury and executioner now?

+rep. I don't even have to say a word. You've already spoken it all.

Thank you.

:)

squarepusher
10-20-2012, 02:34 PM

oops, I didn't realize it was sarcastic. I'll make it up to him :)

Shane Harris
10-20-2012, 02:46 PM

same here lol should've included a (sarcasm) note at the bottom

Origanalist
10-20-2012, 02:58 PM

He's got me going a couple of times also. Friggin troll.......:eek::p

kathy88
10-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Tough room.

heavenlyboy34
10-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Tough room. Stressful times tends to beget tough rooms. :/

coastie
10-20-2012, 03:30 PM

I dont have FB, and am not gonn apost something on my wife's but...

Jessica Swift on October 19, 2012

WOW-her comment is so full of fail, I just deleted the 500 word response I had because I was tired of typing, and stupid makes my head really hurt.

LibertyEagle
10-20-2012, 03:36 PM

Ok, but what gives them the right to chase the guy's dogs around and kill them? This is ridiculous. I don't care what they were in the house to find. This wasn't right; not right at all.

It's not cophatersunited.com either. It is Ron Paul Forums, where we are supposed to believe in the rule of law and that includes being innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Qdog
10-20-2012, 03:40 PM

Dude, this is wrong on so many levels. Your flawed logic could be applied to a prostitute too. Well if she had just paid her pimp, he wouldn't have slit her throat. Or a young girl getting raped and blaming her for what she was wearing or what part of town she is in. I am not one of these people that sides against the cops without thinking... I used to be a cop. I hope you rethink your beliefs on this.

aGameOfThrones
10-20-2012, 04:42 PM
I saw the first comment and decided to post it here, then I debated whether to include the author or not...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbjekhu1Zc1rt54og.gif

presence
10-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Theres not enough victims of crimes in Detroit so theyre going after victimless crimes? Arent they currently begging for money claiming the city is essentially under siege?

Going after real criminals would endanger officer safety.

phill4paul
10-20-2012, 04:51 PM
It's not cophatersunited.com either. It is Ron Paul Forums, where we are supposed to believe in the rule of law and that includes being innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Ya gotta be shitting me. Sorry, I don't believe in any law that allows cops to break in doors and shoot pets over a plant. Ron Paul considers civil-disobedience to be VERY IMPORTANT in the face of unjust laws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eifr-J69HI

tod evans
10-20-2012, 04:55 PM
I keep thinking back to the 60's....No self respecting head of the household would ever stand by as armored and armed goons broke in and slaughtered the families pets.

"The News", "The War on Drugs", propaganda in general has changed who Americans are..................And I'm ashamed of all of us.:(

Pericles
10-20-2012, 05:02 PM
I keep thinking back to the 60's....No self respecting head of the household would ever stand by as armored and armed goons broke in and slaughtered the families pets.

"The News", "The War on Drugs", propaganda in general has changed who Americans are..................And I'm ashamed of all of us.:(

The US is a sissified nation. One thing I will agree with Ben Stein - 80% of the people in this country who have any balls, are or have been in the military.

Anti Federalist
10-20-2012, 05:11 PM
The US is a sissified nation. One thing I will agree with Ben Stein - 80% of the people in this country who have any balls, are or have been in the military.

I wonder if that is still the case in today's new, sensitive, gender neutral, push button military.

Henry Rogue
10-20-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm having some difficulty making family and acquaintances aware of these news stories. I get the eye roll. I wonder if people care any more.

Anti Federalist
10-20-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm having some difficulty making family and acquaintances aware of these news stories. I get the eye roll. I wonder if people care any more.

Nope, most don't care at all.

Or, even worse, they revel in it.

The Running Man is coming, for real.

And the real deal, like the book, not the cheesy movie.

Pericles
10-20-2012, 05:19 PM
I wonder if that is still the case in today's new, sensitive, gender neutral, push button military.

As soon as they send the first women to Ranger School (which looks like it is on the way) the answer will be obvious.

tod evans
10-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Todays head of the household is some double digit IQ joker in black body armor who hides his face.

Fucking shameful!

Anti Federalist

Show them this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?390564-Police-shoot-dog

heavenlyboy34
The US is a sissified nation. One thing I will agree with Ben Stein - 80% of the people in this country who have any balls, are or have been in the military. Are you trying to say correlation=causation? Not a sound way to reason.

Dr.3D
10-20-2012, 05:26 PM
Are you trying to say correlation=causation? Not a sound way to reason.
Maybe he is saying, women don't literally have balls.

Pericles
10-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Are you trying to say correlation=causation? Not a sound way to reason.

Just saying there is a high correlation - any conclusions drawn are done so only by yourself. If you are asking my opinion, the "balls factor" tends to make the military seem attractive to those who have it, not the other way around.

heavenlyboy34
10-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Just saying there is a high correlation - any conclusions drawn are done so only by yourself. If you are asking my opinion, the "balls factor" tends to make the military seem attractive to those who have it, not the other way around.
Ah! Thank you sir. :) ~hugs~

Pericles
10-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Ah! Thank you sir. :) ~hugs~

Cool - in fact several people with the "factor" get ticked off with the PC bullshit in the military (the class on how to erase blackboards when teaching in the way that minimizes female tit jiggle, as an example) and leave.

heavenlyboy34
10-20-2012, 05:42 PM
edit:dupe post :P

Tudo
10-20-2012, 06:22 PM
neg rep given

Plus rep given to you

Henry Rogue
10-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Show them this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?390564-Police-shoot-dog
I think i'm going to print it all out (news stories only) in pamphlet form an give those to them all as a Christmas gift.

LibertyEagle
10-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Ya gotta be shitting me. Sorry, I don't believe in any law that allows cops to break in doors and shoot pets over a plant. Ron Paul considers civil-disobedience to be VERY IMPORTANT in the face of unjust laws

No one said a word about civil disobedience. I think you are misunderstanding what is meant by Rule of Law.

“The idea that there is no limit to the powers of the legislator is in part a result of popular sovereignty and democratic government. It has been strengthened by the belief that, so long as all actions of the state are duly authorized by legislation, the Rule of Law will be preserved. But this is completely to misconceive the meaning of the Rule of Law. This rule has little to do with the question whether all actions of government are legal in the juridical sense. They may well be and yet not conform to the Rule of Law. The fact that someone has full legal authority to act in the way he does gives no answer to the question whether the law gives him power to act arbitrarily or whether the law prescribes unequivocally how he has to act. It may well be that Hitler has obtained his unlimited powers in a strictly constitutional manner and that whatever he does is therefore legal in the juridical sense. But who would suggest for that reason that the Rule of Law still prevails in Germany?”

The Road to Serfdom by F.A. Hayek (Page 119)

Pericles
10-20-2012, 09:53 PM
No one said a word about civil disobedience.

Which was the point of the Hayek work - everything the Nazis did to the Jews was perfectly legal under German law at the time.

Or the Jefferson version - The law is nothing more than the tyrant's will.

Anti Federalist
10-20-2012, 10:12 PM
No one said a word about civil disobedience. I think you are misunderstanding what is meant by Rule of Law.

While I understand what you are saying, the fact of the matter is that "the law" gives these men in uniform immunity from all but the most egregious criminal acts of corruption.

Petty violent displays, that leave real people or animals injured or dead, such as those I document on a damn near daily basis, are almost never prosecuted under "the law".

LibertyEagle
10-21-2012, 08:38 AM
While I understand what you are saying, the fact of the matter is that "the law" gives these men in uniform immunity from all but the most egregious criminal acts of corruption.

Petty violent displays, that leave real people or animals injured or dead, such as those I document on a damn near daily basis, are almost never prosecuted under "the law".

"the law" is different from the Rule of Law.