PDA

View Full Version : United Nations affiliated group will monitor US elections

tsai3904
10-20-2012, 11:23 AM
United Nations-affiliated election monitors from Europe and central Asia will be at polling places around the U.S. looking for voter suppression activities by conservative groups, a concern raised by civil rights groups during a meeting this week. The intervention has drawn criticism from a prominent conservative-leaning group combating election fraud.

The Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), a United Nations partner on democratization and human rights projects, will deploy 44 observers around the county on Election Day to monitor an array of activities, including potential disputes at polling places.

Liberal-leaning civil rights groups met with representatives from the OSCE this week to raise their fears about what they say are systematic efforts to suppress minority voters likely to vote for President Obama.

The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, the NAACP and the ACLU, among other groups, warned this month in a letter to Daan Everts, a senior official with OSCE, of “a coordinated political effort to disenfranchise millions of Americans — particularly traditionally disenfranchised groups like minorities.”

The request for foreign monitoring of election sites drew a strong rebuke from Catherine Engelbrecht, founder and president of True the Vote, a conservative-leaning group seeking to crack down on election fraud.

“These activist groups sought assistance not from American sources, but from the United Nations,” she said in a statement to The Hill. “The United Nations has no jurisdiction over American elections.”

The observers, from countries such as Germany, France, Serbia, Belarus, Ukraine and Kazakhstan, will observe voting at polling places and other political activity.

“They [will] observe the overall election process, not just the ballot casting,” said Giovanna Maiola, spokeswoman for OSCE. “They are focusing on a number of areas on the state level, including the legal system, election administration, the campaign, the campaign financing [and] new voting technologies used in the different states.”

More:
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/263141-international-monitors-at-polling-places-draw-criticism-from-voter-fraud-group

Carson
10-20-2012, 11:57 AM
The better the turnout the better the flip?

ebod
10-20-2012, 08:20 PM
The invitation was sent to the OSCE by the ACLU, NAACP, & others is here: http://www.civilrights.org/press/2012/international-election-monitoring.html States to be monitored are Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Texas, & Wisconsin. They were here in 2004 & 2008.
The OSCE report for 2008 in which the U.S. & 11 other countries were observed found: 1) rules were used to keep specific candidates & parties off the ballots. 2) lack of free campaign environment thus failing to ensure a level playing field. 3) inequitable access to media. 4) lack of transparency & accountability during counting & tabulation of votes even fraudulent procedures. 5) lack of confidence in bodies administering elections. 6) inadequate complaints & appeals procedures.
As much as I detest our involvement in the U.N., I wonder what their report of the RNC would have looked like. Maybe: See all of the above.

sailingaway
10-20-2012, 08:51 PM
They have no jurisdiction. I hate this precedent.

I also know it doesn't matter who wins NOW, the primaries were what needed transparency.

Pericles
10-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Will they be wearing blue helmets or berets?

ClydeCoulter
10-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Will they be wearing blue helmets or berets?

I hope they don't show up at my location, I'm new at this stuff (taking a class on the 31st and the oath), I know it can get complicated from conversations with the committeeman just north of me (when people have situations like, I just got married and haven't changed my drivers license but I have a bill in my name sent to his address, etc).

mad cow
10-20-2012, 11:12 PM
The first candidate in 2016 who runs on a platform to get the USA out of the UN and the UN out of the USA gets my vote.

DamianTV
10-21-2012, 01:43 AM
What a sham!

If the wanted to make sure our elections are "Honest", why dont they say something about ousting all the Ron Paul Delegates in favor of Romney Delegates? Why dont they take a look at the violations of the rules that the people running the Primaries committed during the Caucuses and say something about that? And they have the odacity to act like the UN even has an ounce of Authority? They dont.

This is more maintenance of the Illusion of Choice. Obama and Romney are the *ahem* Presidential Candidates because they dont care which one of them they get, as long as they can get one of them. The corruption that has infested our Govt isnt just in our Govt. The corruption is International. It is world wide. The International Banks that our Federal Reserve is the largest contributor to, and its owners. The Bilderberger Group. Trilateral Commission. The inocuous sounding Council on Foreign Relations. Pick a group. Pick a name. Whatever you wanna call them. They are your Owners. They own you. They own the country. Take it all away and leave them with the power to print money, and with the flick of a pen, they will just buy the world back and continue the cycle of human enslavement.

Dont even think for one split second that the UN will do a damn thing about the problems in the world. They ARE the problem.

idiom
10-21-2012, 02:00 AM
How is a problem to have more eyes on the vote? Apart form the fact the election rigging is all long done in the primaries.

sailingaway
10-21-2012, 05:19 PM
How is a problem to have more eyes on the vote? Apart form the fact the election rigging is all long done in the primaries.

It is a sovereignty vs global governance issue. Whence their jurisdiction over our elections?

idiom
10-21-2012, 08:42 PM
They're not controlling the elections or enforcing them, America has just gotten so banana republic that outside observers are more credible than internal ones.

acptulsa
10-22-2012, 06:26 AM
So, how are these people going to follow the electrons around in the Diebold chip again..?

Working Poor
10-22-2012, 06:36 AM
UN says don't vote for Romney:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/10/21/UN-Warns-Americans-Do-Not-Elect-Mitt-Romney

FrankRep
10-22-2012, 06:42 AM
They're not controlling the elections or enforcing them, America has just gotten so banana republic that outside observers are more credible than internal ones.

Please look at the big picture:

The United Nations: On the Brink of Becoming a World Government
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?392598-Big-Picture-The-United-Nations-On-the-Brink-of-Becoming-a-World-Government

Pericles
10-22-2012, 07:15 AM
The UN monitors need to meet the Mew Black Panther Party - birds of a feather.

AuH20
10-22-2012, 08:18 AM
UN says don't vote for Romney:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/10/21/UN-Warns-Americans-Do-Not-Elect-Mitt-Romney

Romney isn't viewed as a comrade-in-arms. That's why the both the EU and UN disapprove strongly of him.

idiom
10-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Please look at the big picture:

The United Nations: On the Brink of Becoming a World Government
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?392598-Big-Picture-The-United-Nations-On-the-Brink-of-Becoming-a-World-Government

I read that treaty. And what it says is this: that a world government is going to be created. The word “government” actually appears as the first of three purposes of the new entity. The second purpose is the transfer of wealth from the countries of the West to third world countries.... And the third purpose of this new entity, this government, is enforcement.

Yeah, that's actually missing the big picture entirely. Nobody with power or wealth is trying to send the wealth to the third world.

The UN is being used as a boogie man to scare you into giving your wealth to someone else.

You are actually opposing transparency in the U.S. elections because you are worried about asset stripping.

Meanwhile the US elections are being rigged to continue the greatest asset stripping of Americans the world has ever seen.

Completely and utterly played.

sailingaway
10-22-2012, 10:22 PM
This guy in Alabama is trying to stop it there.

sailingaway
10-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah, that's actually missing the big picture entirely. Nobody with power or wealth is trying to send the wealth to the third world.

The UN is being used as a boogie man to scare you into giving your wealth to someone else.

You are actually opposing transparency in the U.S. elections because you are worried about asset stripping.

Meanwhile the US elections are being rigged to continue the greatest asset stripping of Americans the world has ever seen.

Completely and utterly played.

An individual has the most power and sway in local government, special interests rule with cronyism and connections at the more centralized levels. I am for sovereignty of states and nations, and heck, I'd fight for county level where that is practical.

Warrior_of_Freedom
10-23-2012, 03:21 AM
How is this legal? Kick them out!

Demigod
10-23-2012, 03:56 AM
They have no jurisdiction. I hate this precedent.

I also know it doesn't matter who wins NOW, the primaries were what needed transparency.

Well they do not have any jurisdiction.All they do is file a report and have no power what so ever to do anything about it.That is why they are called monitors.

Sometimes they are honest and write a real report ( that is always corruption,fraud,corruption ) and sometimes they are bought to write a positive report and then you will see all the media reporting on it.

Pericles
10-23-2012, 06:34 AM
Well they do not have any jurisdiction.All they do is file a report and have no power what so ever to do anything about it.That is why they are called monitors.

Sometimes they are honest and write a real report ( that is always corruption,fraud,corruption ) and sometimes they are bought to write a positive report and then you will see all the media reporting on it.

In theory, it could be tolerable if monitors came from places that know what elections are, rather than from places where an election is the process that transforms a tyrant from thug to President for Life.