PDA

View Full Version : No Excuses: Lets Win Iowa!

Menthol Patch
11-20-2007, 02:16 AM
I think we need to WIN IN IOWA!

Here are my reasons.

1) It is not easy. If we can win in Iowa then I think we have a much better chance of winning the nomination.

2) It is the first primary. I don't like the idea of us loosing the first primary. It sets a VERY bad precedent.

3) If win Iowa it will help us win additional states.

I've read a lot about New Hampshire. However, I think we need to focus on winning not only in NH but also in IOWA!

If we win in IOWA then I think NH will be in the bag.

Eric21ND
11-20-2007, 02:20 AM
I kinda feel people are giving up on Iowa which is a mistake in my opinion.

Menthol Patch
11-20-2007, 02:21 AM
We cannot give up on Iowa.

Ron Paul Fan
11-20-2007, 02:23 AM
Nobody is giving up on Iowa. Advertising is just getting out and some are just learning about Ron Paul. Don't fret. The caucus isn't tomorrow. We will do well in Iowa and there's a risk that Ron Paul could win.

maxmerkel
11-20-2007, 02:26 AM
giving up iowa is not an option ! paul needs a strong finish in iowa, otherwise the NH voters won't even consider him.

tiznow
11-20-2007, 02:26 AM
you have to look at the raw numbers for iowa, caucus attendance is very low, so this will help us (i'm hoping for a blizzard honestly on jan 3rd)

bush won iowa with 35,000 or so votes in 2000 (or 40% of republican vote) we have a population of 2 million

25,000 probably wins it this go round that's 1.25% of the overall iowa population

its all about targeting ron paul people at this point and making sure they show up and i know the campaign is starting to focus on this

when i look at the raw numbers behind all this time and effort it just astounds me

all we need is 35,000 iowans to show up for ron paul and we win in a landslide

kill the banks
11-20-2007, 02:27 AM
i know a few good people there could use a few extra dollars ... chip in a little if you can

Dr. Brian Horsfield
Organizer, Ron Paul MeetUp Group, Fairfield Iowa
http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul_liberty
Click to support our Chipin for promotion in first primary state!

kill the banks

Perry
11-20-2007, 02:28 AM
Agreed that we need to focus on Iowa. I think there has been a partial unspoken consensus that Iowa is lost. This is a mistake. If half of all Iowan Republicans are against the war then there is a huge opportunity here as there are no other Republican candidates speaking out against the war!

Rally the troops!

happyphilter
11-20-2007, 02:35 AM
We have to try in Iowa, but what can we do to help?
We need to hear from the meetups in Iowa, Im completely in the dark about what is going on there.
Delegates need to be called, people need to be called, this should probably be done in house though.

Voice
11-20-2007, 02:37 AM
If someone will send me a letter and an address, I'll transcribe the letter by hand 50 times and send it to you, who can put them in envelopes and send them to Iowa voters.

maxmerkel
11-20-2007, 02:38 AM
We have to try in Iowa, but what can we do to help?
We need to hear from the meetups in Iowa, Im completely in the dark about what is going on there.
Delegates need to be called, people need to be called, this should probably be done in house though.

yep, iowa is under my radar too. there is a forum member (dave) who used to update an iowa thread on a regular basis, haven't seen it in a while..