PDA

View Full Version : Pulling their punches....why?

paulbot24
10-19-2012, 11:45 PM
I read a great post earlier about how neither Obama or Romney are really attacking eachother. They each have REALLY damn bad track records (like I need to tell anybody on here that) and they both seem to have forgotten that what comes out of your mouth these days follows you forever. I don't believe religion should have NEAR the influence in persuading people in who to vote for but we all know it does. I find it interesting that Romney used to be, well he's tried every view once, but one of them is pro-choice. He was a pro-choice Mormon? If you wonder how the Mormons feel about abortion, one only needs to look at the size of their families. Was the Mormon church, who doesn't have a strong presence in politics (Orrin Hatch doesn't count, he's too weird) even kind of angry at him during this period. Did he care that he publicly embraced something his own church abhorred? This is a religion that requires more than just showing up on Sunday and smiling. It is a religion that required you to really "walk the walk" or you will find yourself out quickly. Some of the hurdles just to get married in a Temple are breathtaking. So this man who sends his sons on missions (to France, but whatever) to preach went through a time of publicly campaigning as pro-choice and nobody is questioning his integrity? Maybe Obama doesn't bring this up since he doesn't want to open himself up to the whole Muslim debate again but it is strange that there are only a few thing that define a person's integrity publicly. Religion is one of these. Strict adherence (or failure to such) as strict as Mormonism can speak volumes to voters. Especially one-issue voters. I think it is odd that nobody brings this point up.

Article V
10-20-2012, 07:24 AM
So you want Obama to demonize his Senate majority leader Harry Reid and all American people who sometimes disagree with their own faith with regards to legislation.

Yeah, that's smart politics. :rolleyes: I nominate you to run Obama's campaign.

Real_CaGeD
10-20-2012, 09:09 AM
I am sure my reply will be mocked, ridiculed or more.

In my analysis of the true state of the union, we live under a hidden dictatorship. Mitt Romney has been selected as the next "President" of the Nation.

I will provide a link to a thread containing such information.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.godlikeproductions.com%2Fforu m1%2Fmessage2009279%2Fpg2&ei=XL6CUI7VJua62wWl6IBo&usg=AFQjCNHaVMA97-RMigMuzs1mIhovqRgPAw

acptulsa
10-20-2012, 09:38 AM
They are pulling their punches because they're on the same side. They're so alike that any real attack would be an attack on themselves. Evil supports evil. There's no advantage to be gained, neither is a lesser evil than the other.

Why won't a shark attack a lawyer out for a swim? Professional courtesy.

DeMintConservative
10-20-2012, 11:37 AM
So you want Obama to demonize his Senate majority leader Harry Reid and all American people who sometimes disagree with their own faith with regards to legislation.

Yeah, that's smart politics. :rolleyes: I nominate you to run Obama's campaign.

Yeah, Romney would love to see Obama attacking mormonism. Most voters fiercely hate that type of shennanigans. The minuscule minority that wont' for Romney because he's a Mormon is already aware he is a Mormon.

Ditto for the attack on abortion. I mean, you're aware that Obama's VP candidate is a pro-abortion Catholic, right? Most voters won't care about that either; changing their position on this type of issues - including going from pro-abortion to pro-life as they age - is an experience lived by dozens of millions of Americans.

Carson
10-20-2012, 11:53 AM
It seems those that give them sustenance has more than one nipple...

and every one of them pays interest!

erowe1
10-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Those in glass houses don't throw stones.

Neither one has much to attack the other for without implicitly attacking himself at the same time.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Those in glass houses don't throw stones.

Neither one has much to attack the other for without implicitly attacking himself at the same time.

Yeah, I can't wait to hear about their "foreign policy debate." That should be loads of laughs.