PDA

View Full Version : URGENT Internet Poll on LOCAL Spending Vote Now!

IndianaPolitico
10-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Alright, normally wouldn't post something like this, but I feel this is important. In my town they are facing some budget problems (Like most are.) Right now they are debating how to pay for trash pick up. Some want to raise taxes, but the current president of the city council has proposed real cuts. The local paper has an internet poll on the issue. Normally not a big deal, expect this internet poll will be PUBLISHED in print. I urge you to take the time and vote for the "cuts in the annual budget" option. Thanks!

POLL: hxxp://goshennews.com/

sailingaway
10-19-2012, 06:30 PM
wow, 64% want to pay a trash pick up fee instead of making cuts...

Dr.3D
10-19-2012, 06:30 PM
It should have a $5 a month trash pick-up fee for residents (440 votes)
It should make cuts in the annual budget (139 votes)
There should be a combination of budget cuts and a trash fee (104 votes)

Looks like people are pretty stupid. All they need to do is cut the annual budget to cover that. I guess most people want to keep the annual budget and add an additional fee for trash pickup because they, for some reason, like to see their money wasted.

CPUd
10-19-2012, 07:01 PM
It is because having to take their own trash would be a change in their daily/weekly routines. People will overwhelmingly pay to preserve that.

Dr.3D
10-19-2012, 07:23 PM
It is because having to take their own trash would be a change in their daily/weekly routines. People will overwhelmingly pay to preserve that.
So they need to fire a few of the dead wood from their local government and that would free up enough money to keep the trash picked up. They wouldn't have to pay any extra fee. Perhaps all of the dead wood is relatives of those who are voting to keep the status-quo and start an extra fee for the trash pickup.

IndianaPolitico
10-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Here is an article on some of the proposed cuts. including one of the most outrageous costs, our city forrester. Our city doesn't have forrests... http://goshennews.com/breakingnews/x1400168220/City-Council-member-gives-mayor-list-of-proposed-budget-cuts

Thanks to ALL that have voted, keep it up!!!

Origanalist
10-19-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm always leary of voting on things like this. I don't live there, who am I to butt in?

ClydeCoulter
10-19-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm always leary of voting on things like this. I don't live there, who am I to butt in?

That's what I was thinking...