PDA

View Full Version : Has Ron Paul done a meeting in Second Life yet?

The Plan
11-20-2007, 02:08 AM
If not he should. There are an assload of people in Second Life and it's his kind of crowd.
You could even have him do speaches in front of a real crowd and stream the video to a second life crowd within the game. He would have to get press for something that different.

1town
11-20-2007, 02:13 AM
13 year olds don't vote. :p

Menthol Patch
11-20-2007, 02:19 AM
Second Life cannot hold enough people in one area.

ronpaulyourmom
11-20-2007, 02:23 AM
Man I would poke around in second life if the engine wasn't so freaking bad. As an avid gamer I just cannot stand it.

The Plan
11-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Second Life cannot hold enough people in one area.

True but what you could do is record the whole thing and put it on youtube. Question and answer sessions inside secondlife have been done before by judges and whatnot, why not Ron? Yeah it's a publicity stunt but it's one i imagine nobody has even thought of yet.

Give me liberty
11-20-2007, 03:18 AM
Where is the ron paul HQ in second life lol?

i downloaded second life just to see some places and maybe even drop in the ron paul HQ :p

steph3n
11-20-2007, 03:23 AM
2nd life is a waste of FIRST LIFE where it counts!

Maverick
11-20-2007, 04:06 AM
If not he should. There are an assload of people in Second Life and it's his kind of crowd.
You could even have him do speaches in front of a real crowd and stream the video to a second life crowd within the game. He would have to get press for something that different.

Well, you would think it would be his kind of crowd, what with - as the "mainstream" sees it - gamers being a bunch of computer-obsessed nerds living in their moms basement, and RP supporters being a bunch of computer-obsessed nerds living in their moms basement. It looks like a perfect fit, no?

However, if the comments posted on the blog on Kotaku are any indication (there's a post linking to it here somewhere), they still haven't caught onto the freedom train. Quite a few were even downright hostile. As a gamer myself, I don't really understand opposition. Especially considering that he's on our side on some issues, like allowing the game industry to regulate itself. Perhaps part of the problem is simply apathy...something else we're notorious for :rolleyes:

AlexMerced
11-20-2007, 06:42 AM
I think Ron Paul would be better off participating in WOW raids honestly, The ROn Paul HQ is enough, the second life user base isn't big enough and vocal enough for the campaign to divert time to with so much on the plate already.

I would be fore organizing a rally for sure, but let's keep Dr. Paul where he's needed most, on the ground.

specialkornflake
11-20-2007, 06:45 AM
I downloaded Second Life for the sole purpose of going to the RP HQ, but I was unable to go there because it is in a Mature area, and it was my understanding from my brief use of the game that I would need to pay in order to access such an area. Anyone know anything about this?

The Plan
11-20-2007, 12:59 PM
I downloaded Second Life for the sole purpose of going to the RP HQ, but I was unable to go there because it is in a Mature area, and it was my understanding from my brief use of the game that I would need to pay in order to access such an area. Anyone know anything about this?

not true
you can go where you like

10thAmendmentMan
11-20-2007, 01:00 PM
When you go after the vote of people who spend all day online pretending to be a fox that frequents clubs to v-hump she-wolves, something might be wrong with your campaign.

CurtisLow
11-20-2007, 01:10 PM
When you go after the vote of people who spend all day online pretending to be a fox that frequents clubs to v-hump she-wolves, something might be wrong with your campaign.

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2176/biggrinpl6.gif

sugaki
11-20-2007, 01:24 PM

You're getting it wrong man, it's transexual kangaroos having virtual-sex with pink female lemurs (played by guys in real life).

Second Life = cybering cesspool.

FrankRep
11-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Do what you can. I've even seen a meeting in World of Warcraft for Ron Paul.

dircha
11-20-2007, 01:49 PM

Second Life is the creepy bondage club of massively multiplayer online games.

Ron Paul might support their right to do what they want amongst themselves, but that doesn't mean he should endorse it.

You might as well have him appear on stage with a woman in black leather with a whip.

Seriously, let's just pretend this thread never existed.

gamers4paul
11-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Well, you would think it would be his kind of crowd, what with - as the "mainstream" sees it - gamers being a bunch of computer-obsessed nerds living in their moms basement, and RP supporters being a bunch of computer-obsessed nerds living in their moms basement. It looks like a perfect fit, no?

However, if the comments posted on the blog on Kotaku are any indication (there's a post linking to it here somewhere), they still haven't caught onto the freedom train. Quite a few were even downright hostile. As a gamer myself, I don't really understand opposition. Especially considering that he's on our side on some issues, like allowing the game industry to regulate itself. Perhaps part of the problem is simply apathy...something else we're notorious for :rolleyes:

I have been trying to generate some interest, but it's hard to tell if anything is going to stick.

I have the domain name,
gamers4paul.com (http://gamers4paul.com/)
and a video:
save yOUR game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeSMdysK7iY)

I hope someone with time and talents sees it and creates a mod. Hmmm....UT was just relased. :D

or a guild, or machinima.......anything. I listed some ideas on the web page. I've received a fair amount of favorable responses, but I've only been working on it a few weeks. With luck, it will spread.

The Plan
11-21-2007, 04:24 AM
Second Life is the creepy bondage club of massively multiplayer online games.

Ron Paul might support their right to do what they want amongst themselves, but that doesn't mean he should endorse it.

You might as well have him appear on stage with a woman in black leather with a whip.

Seriously, let's just pretend this thread never existed.

It's only a creepy bondage club for players that use it as such. If Second Life is the creepy bongage club what the hell is the internet in general?
Say what you like but you have to admit that Second Life is on the very cutting edge of open platform gaming and virtual worlds in general. I think it represents Ron's ideals of free market better than anything else on the net. You don't have to like the graphics or the gameplay but you have to admit the idea is groundbreaking. 100% user created, no taxes except on property the governing body is extremely small i'd say it represent Ron's views as a whole rather well and would probably serve him better publicly than to go on a violent game if he were to do one at all. People could even donate to the campaign in linden dollars which right now are holding their value better than the US dollar.
If you're worried about him going after that kind of crowd, why? The press already thinks we're a bunch of dorks anyways so what is there to lose? He needs all the help he can get and it's a hell of allot cheaper than buying a big ass blimp to show youtube videos that nobody will be able to hear the audio for anyways. It's cheap, it's quick and it gets publicity.