PDA

View Full Version : llepard USA Today Ad (Contact Media!)

0zzy
11-20-2007, 02:04 AM
You should write a nice press release about what you did and why you did it.

Some press release wires:
http://www.prfree.com/ (free)
http://www.prnewswire.com/ (money)
http://www.prweb.com/

Shows:
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/cnntv/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/

I cant really find anything else :[ scan the msnbc site

but ya, try to get on the media, or at least mentioned.

jake
11-20-2007, 02:10 AM
AP would definitely pick this up if you do a paid press release on prweb.com

Henry
11-20-2007, 07:15 AM
Bump!

jenius
11-20-2007, 07:47 AM
bump!

Man from La Mancha
11-20-2007, 07:59 AM
ytttt

llepard
11-20-2007, 08:05 AM
You should write a nice press release about what you did and why you did it.

Some press release wires:
http://www.prfree.com/ (free)
http://www.prnewswire.com/ (money)
http://www.prweb.com/

Shows:
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/cnntv/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/

I cant really find anything else :[ scan the msnbc site

but ya, try to get on the media, or at least mentioned.

Working on that right now. Will even pay for the prnewswire. Need volunteers to serve as a free press agent.

If I have myself as the contact person I think it looks kind of lame.

Need a name, title that sounds like an agency, and a phone number. Screen serious inquires and contact me.

Thoughts?

LWL

speciallyblend
11-20-2007, 08:08 AM
Working on that right now. Will even pay for the prnewswire. Need volunteers to serve as a free press agent.

Need a name, title that sounds like an agency, and a phone number. Screen serious inquires and contact me.

Thoughts?

LWL

once you have written it,post it,so we can send to our local media

Mark
11-20-2007, 12:36 PM
bump

Bradley in DC
11-20-2007, 12:58 PM
0zzy is da man!

We need to milk this for all it's worth.

Cowlesy
11-20-2007, 01:00 PM
I've notified Jackie Calmes at WSJ and John Fout at TheStreet.com

DjLoTi
11-20-2007, 01:00 PM
PM sent your way

Mark
11-20-2007, 02:23 PM
man this forum rolls quickly sometimes.. I guess it's "how it rolls"..

This is important folks.. the ad comes out soon..

let's get some help for LL in spreading the word..

holla..

Question_Authority
11-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Written by yours truly. This will be hitting major newswire services such as AP, as well as 100,000+ individual media outlets, including major newspapers, TV and radio, political sites, etc. Not much of a need to send it to your local paper since it is most likely included in distribution, but if you know of any alternative media that may not be included in a mainstream list, by all means, send it out!

Office: 603-343-4321
Cell: 603-969-0176
Email: liz@thewriteagency.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

One Ron Paul Supporter Foots Bill For Full Page Ad in ‘USA Today’
Hopes well-timed and well-placed ad will wake America up

Boston MA – November 21, 2007 – Larry Lepard, a 50 year old investment manager, Harvard Business School MBA, and Ron Paul supporter, is bringing the concept of “grassroots” to a whole new level. After collaborating on design and copy with a spontaneously generated team of Paul supporters on ronpaulforums.com, Lepard invested approximately $85,000 of his own money to send a message to the voting public: “Ron Paul is the best hope America has to restore the Constitution and get our country back on track.”

The full page ad, due for publication on Nov. 21 in USA Today, is entitled “An Open Letter to the American People,” and reads as though it were penned by the Founding Fathers. In it, they admonish modern day citizenry for not heeding the founders’ original warnings. Each advisory is then followed by a forthcoming solution if Ron Paul is elected as President. Issues such as entangling foreign alliances, government corruption, excessive taxation and preserving national sovereignty are emphasized.

Lepard had been following the political career of Congressman Ron Paul for over 20 years by subscribing to his newsletters, donating to his congressional races, and attending speeches at economic forums. “Over the years, I learned to admire both his positions and his integrity. He struck me as the ‘Mr. Smith Goes to Washington’ type,” says Lepard. When Dr. Paul announced his candidacy for President back in March of ’07, Lepard had already donated to Paul’s exploratory committee.

Lepard, husband and father of three is gravely concerned about the prevailing pre-emptive war paradigm, as well as what he views as the decimation of civil liberties and the US Constitution. “I view this expenditure as an investment in the future of this country and of my children. Right now, it is David vs. Goliath. This ad is my way of throwing a stone…very hard and very well aimed…at the forehead of overbearing government. We’ll see if it hits the target.”

Ron Paul is a 10-term Republican Congressman from the 14th District of Texas. Dubbed by many as the Champion of the Constitution, his campaign has recently shocked media pundits with unexpected fundraising feats. Most recently, grassroots efforts netted $4.2M in one 24 hour period this past November 5th, with $8.5M being raised so far this quarter. Paul is gaining in the polls and may have more money on hand than so-called “top-tier candidates” such as John McCain. The Ron Paul campaign had no involvement in the USA Today advertisement.

# # #
For additional information or to schedule an interview with Larry Lepard, contact Liz Comeau of The Write Agency at 603-343-4321 or (cell) 603-969-0176.

Mark Rushmore
11-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Lepard, husband and father of three is gravely concerned about the prevailing pre-emptive war paradigm, as well as what he views as the decimation of civil liberties and the US Constitution. “I view this expenditure as an investment in the future of this country and of my children. Right now, it is David vs. Goliath. This ad is my way of throwing a stone…very hard and very well aimed…at the forehead of overbearing government. We’ll see if it hits the target."

Beautifully put.

hopeforamerica
11-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Are you all set Lepard?

0zzy
11-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Written by yours truly. This will be hitting major newswire services such as AP, as well as 100,000+ individual media outlets, including major newspapers, TV and radio, political sites, etc. Not much of a need to send it to your local paper since it is most likely included in distribution, but if you know of any alternative media that may not be included in a mainstream list, by all means, send it out!

Office: 603-343-4321
Cell: 603-969-0176
Email: liz@thewriteagency.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Boston MA – November 21, 2007 – Larry Lepard, a 50 year old investment manager, Harvard Business School MBA, and Ron Paul supporter, is bringing the concept of “grassroots” to a whole new level. After collaborating on design and copy with a spontaneously generated team of Paul supporters on ronpaulforums.com, Lepard invested approximately $85,000 of his own money to send a message to the voting public: “Ron Paul is the best hope America has to restore the Constitution and get our country back on track.”

The full page ad, due for publication on Nov. 21 in USA Today, is entitled “An Open Letter to the American People,” and reads as though it were penned by the Founding Fathers. In it, they admonish modern day citizenry for not heeding the founders’ original warnings. Each advisory is then followed by a forthcoming solution if Ron Paul is elected as President. Issues such as entangling foreign alliances, government corruption, excessive taxation and preserving national sovereignty are emphasized.

Lepard has been following the political career of Congressman Ron Paul for over 20 years by subscribing to his newsletters, donating to his congressional races, and attending speeches at economic forums. “Over the years, I learned to admire both his positions and his integrity. He struck me as the ‘Mr. Smith Goes to Washington’ type,” says Lepard. When Dr. Paul announced his candidacy for President back in March of ’07, Lepard had already donated to Paul’s exploratory committee.

Lepard, a husband and father of three, is gravely concerned about the prevailing pre-emptive war paradigm[no comma?] as well as what he views as the decimation of civil liberties and the US Constitution. “I view this expenditure as an investment in the future of this country and of my children. Right now, it is David vs. Goliath. This ad is my way of throwing a stone…very hard and very well aimed…at the forehead of overbearing government. We’ll see if it hits the target.”

Ron Paul is a 10-term Republican Congressman from the 14th District of Texas. Dubbed by many as the Champion of the Constitution, his campaign has recently shocked media pundits with unexpected fundraising feats. Most recently, grassroots efforts netted $4.2M in one 24 hour period this past November 5th, with $8.5M being raised so far this quarter. Paul is gaining in the polls and may have more money on hand than so-called “top-tier candidates” such as John McCain. The Ron Paul campaign had no involvement in the USA Today advertisement.

# # #
For additional information or to schedule an interview with Larry Lepard, contact Liz Comeau of The Write Agency at 603-343-4321 or (cell) 603-969-0176.

I'm not an editor, but just my suggestion.

llepard
11-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Are you all set Lepard?

Yes, thanks for asking. Liz has generously agreed to be my press agent for free!

All in the cause of helping RP. Thank you Liz!!!

What a group of people. I love this forum and am proud to be a part of it.

LWL

Here's to hoping we get some free publicity out of this.

Also, Liz if you are reading this, start a thread. Press Release for USA Today Adv. and make the release the first post. so others can refer to it without going down two pages.

Thx.

Mark
11-20-2007, 03:48 PM
** I posted the proofread copy with a few more changes in post #24**

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Boston MA – November 21, 2007 – Larry Lepard, a 50 year old investment manager, Harvard Business School MBA, and Ron Paul supporter, is bringing the concept of “grassroots” to a whole new level. After collaborating on the design and copy with a spontaneously generated team of Paul supporters on ronpaulforums.com, Lepard invested approximately $85,000 of his own money to send a message to the voting public: “Ron Paul is the best hope America has to restore the Constitution and get our country back on track.”

The full page ad, due for publication on Nov. 21 in USA Today, (remove 'is') entitled “An Open Letter to the American People,” (remove 'and') reads as if it were penned by the Founding Fathers. In the ad, they admonish modern day citizenry for not heeding the founders’ original warnings. Each advisory is then followed by a (remove 'forthcoming') solution for if , and when, Ron Paul is elected as President. Issues such as entangling foreign alliances, government corruption, excessive taxation and preserving national sovereignty are emphasized.

Lepard has been following the political career of Congressman Ron Paul for over 20 years, subscribing to his newsletters, donating to his congressional races, and attending speeches at economic forums. “Over the years, I learned to admire both his positions and his integrity. He struck me as the ‘Mr. Smith Goes to Washington’ type,” says Lepard. When Dr. Paul announced his candidacy for President back in March of ’07, Lepard had already donated to Paul’s exploratory committee.

Lepard, a husband and father of three , is gravely concerned about the prevailing pre-emptive war paradigm, as well as what he views as the decimation of civil liberties and the US Constitution. “I view this expenditure as an investment in the future of this country and of my children. Right now, it is David vs. Goliath. This ad is my way of throwing a stone…very hard and very well aimed…at the forehead of overbearing government. We’ll see if it hits the target.”

Ron Paul, a 10-term Republican Congressman from the 14th District of Texas , is dubbed by many as the Champion of the Constitution. His campaign has recently shocked media pundits with unexpected fundraising feats. Most recently, grassroots efforts netted $4.2M in one 24 hour period this past November 5th, with $8.5M being raised so far this quarter. Paul is gaining in the polls, and may have more money on hand than so-called “top-tier candidates” such as John McCain. The USA Today advertisement is strictly a "grassroots" effort, with the Ron Paul campaign having no involvement in the creation of the ad.

# # #
For additional information , or to schedule an interview with Larry Lepard, contact Liz Comeau of The Write Agency at 603-343-4321 , or , (cell) 603-969-0176.

I proofread and made a few changes (in bold) FWIW.

edit: added some extra space to emphasize some hard to see changes.

tnvoter
11-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Great idea, and I can't wait to see the ad in the paper!

Mark
11-20-2007, 04:03 PM
He struck me as the ‘Mr. Smith Goes to Washington’ type,” says Lepard.

From: http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=13413.0

http://www.revmark.org/forumfiles/paul/mp.jpg

awitelin
11-20-2007, 04:12 PM
This USA Today effort is amazing. Thanks to Llepard and everyone else who has been involved. I can't wait to see it tomorrow.

angelatc
11-20-2007, 04:14 PM
Yes, a press release might actually work. It will be a slow news day, so what the heck...

0zzy
11-20-2007, 04:17 PM
are they gonna edit the press release? :[ email her

Mark
11-20-2007, 04:26 PM
**For my ease of "proofreading my proofreading"**

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Boston MA – November 21, 2007 – Larry Lepard, a 50 year old investment manager, Harvard Business School MBA, and Ron Paul supporter, is bringing the concept of “grassroots” to a whole new level. After collaborating on the design and copy with a spontaneously generated team of Paul supporters on ronpaulforums.com, Lepard invested approximately $85,000 of his own money to send a message to the voting public: “Ron Paul is the best hope America has to restore the Constitution and get our country back on track.”

The full page ad, due for publication on Nov. 21 in USA Today, entitled “An Open Letter to the American People”, reads as if it were penned by the Founding Fathers. In the ad, they admonish modern day citizenry for not heeding the founders’ original warnings. Each advisory is then followed by a solution for if, and when, Ron Paul is elected as President. Issues such as entangling foreign alliances, government corruption, excessive taxation and preserving national sovereignty are emphasized.

Lepard has been following the political career of Congressman Ron Paul for over 20 years, by subscribing to his newsletters, donating to his congressional races, and attending speeches at economic forums. “Over the years, I learned to admire both his positions and his integrity. He struck me as the ‘Mr. Smith Goes to Washington’ type,” says Lepard. When Dr. Paul announced his candidacy for President back in March of ’07, Lepard had already donated to Paul’s exploratory committee.

Lepard, a husband and father of three, is gravely concerned about the prevailing preemptive war paradigm, as well as what he views as the decimation of civil liberties and the US Constitution. “I view this expenditure as an investment in the future of this country and of my children. Right now, it is David vs. Goliath. This ad is my way of throwing a stone…very hard and very well aimed…at the forehead of overbearing government. We’ll see if it hits the target.”

Dr. Ron Paul, a 10-term Republican Congressman from the 14th District of Texas, is dubbed by many as "The Champion of the Constitution". His campaign has recently shocked media pundits with unexpected fundraising feats. Most recently, grassroots efforts netted $4.2M in one 24 hour period on this past November 5th, with $8.5M being raised so far this quarter. Paul is gaining in the polls, and may have more money on hand than so-called “top-tier candidates” such as John McCain. The USA Today advertisement is strictly a "grassroots" effort, with the Ron Paul campaign having no involvement in the creation of the ad.

# # #
For additional information, or to schedule an interview with Larry Lepard, contact Liz Comeau of The Write Agency at 603-343-4321, or, (cell) 603-969-0176.

Cowlesy
11-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Awesome.

McDermit
11-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Looks great. I'd take out the RPF mention if it were up to me though. We've all seen how these boards can get, and it's not exactly the best place to be sending the newly annointed.

"online" "in online forums" or "on the internet" would suffice.

Mark
11-20-2007, 04:39 PM
are they gonna edit the press release? :[ email her

fwiw ~ I just sent her a copy of the proofread piece with the changes.

rrroae
11-20-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm just floored by this.

Mark
11-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Looks great. I'd take out the RPF mention if it were up to me though. We've all seen how these boards can get, and it's not exactly the best place to be sending the newly annointed.

"online" "in online forums" or "on the internet" would suffice.

For clarification, I just looked for punctuation, spelling, and "ease of reading" things, trying hard not to change the original copy's message at all.

seeker5
11-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Wow - llepard is already on the front page of usnews.com. Great start!

Mark
11-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Larry Lepard, a venture capitalist and Ron Paul supporter from Massachusetts, has shelled out about $85,000 of his own money to throw what he told U.S. News is a "small hard rock at a good target": a full-page ad supporting Paul that will run in tomorrow's edition of USA Today—the nation's largest circulation daily newspaper—on the busiest travel day of the year.

He noted that he bought a right-hand position in the newspaper's front section.

"I'm trying to get maximum bang for the buck," said Lepard, 50, a Republican who says his strong opposition to the Iraq war drove him to take out the ad. His firm, Equity Management Association, invests in emerging markets, he said, adding, "I'm good at spotting early trends." The ad, presented as an open letter from the country's Founding Fathers, was designed with the help of supporters on www.RonPaulForums.com (http://www.RonPaulForums.com), where Paul campaign activists hold their virtual gatherings.

"We think the message is beautiful and pure," said Lepard, who first met Paul nearly two decades ago at an economic conference in New York. "He's not the odds-on favorite, but people have come from relative obscurity before and done it."

—Liz Halloran

~~~

I only see a couple of things offhand.

removed 'that' after "Paul", the comma after "markets", and added "Dr" before the last "Paul".
(Dr for more emphasis on his qualifications and background)

~~~~~~~~

Larry Lepard, a venture capitalist and Ron Paul supporter from Massachusetts, has shelled out about $85,000 of his own money to throw what he told U.S. News is a "small hard rock at a good target": a full-page ad supporting Paul will run in tomorrow's edition of USA Today—the nation's largest circulation daily newspaper—on the busiest travel day of the year.

"I'm trying to get maximum bang for the buck," said Lepard, 50, a Republican who says his strong opposition to the Iraq war drove him to take out the ad. His firm, Equity Management Association, invests in emerging markets he said, adding, "I'm good at spotting early trends." The ad, presented as an open letter from the country's Founding Fathers, was designed with the help of supporters on www.RonPaulForums.com (http://www.RonPaulForums.com), where Paul campaign activists hold their virtual gatherings.

"We think the message is beautiful and pure," said Lepard, who first met Dr. Paul nearly two decades ago at an economic conference in New York. "He's not the odds-on favorite, but people have come from relative obscurity before and done it."

—Liz Halloran

seeker5
11-20-2007, 05:14 PM
I only see a couple of things offhand.

removed 'that' after "Paul", the comma after "markets", and added "Dr" before the last "Paul".
(Dr for more emphasis on his qualifications and background)

Uh? What I had pasted (and then deleted because I saw it was pasted on another thread) was a news article on usnews.com, written by a different liz then that wrote the press release. Are you editing news articles now? :)

voytechs
11-20-2007, 05:19 PM
US News (http://www.usnews.com/blogs/news-desk/2007/11/20/ron-paul-backer-aims-to-snag-travelers.html)

Ron Paul Backer Aims to Snag Travelers
November 20, 2007 05:18 PM ET | Permanent Link

Larry Lepard, a venture capitalist and Ron Paul supporter from Massachusetts, has shelled out about $85,000 of his own money to throw what he told U.S. News is a "small hard rock at a good target": a full-page ad supporting Paul that will run in tomorrow's edition of USA Today—the nation's largest circulation daily newspaper—on the busiest travel day of the year.

"I'm trying to get maximum bang for the buck," said Lepard, 50, a Republican who says his strong opposition to the Iraq war drove him to take out the ad. His firm, Equity Management Association, invests in emerging markets, he said, adding, "I'm good at spotting early trends." The ad, presented as an open letter from the country's Founding Fathers, was designed with the help of supporters on www.RonPaulForums.com, where Paul campaign activists hold their virtual gatherings.

"We think the message is beautiful and pure," said Lepard, who first met Paul nearly two decades ago at an economic conference in New York. "He's not the odds-on favorite, but people have come from relative obscurity before and done it."

Question_Authority
11-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Uh? What I had pasted (and then deleted because I saw it was pasted on another thread) was a news article on usnews.com, written by a different liz then that wrote the press release. Are you editing news articles now? :)

Haha. Everybody's an editor. That second one was a news story written by US News people.

Anyway, my original press release may not be perfect, but I whipped it together and got it out to the media under major time constraints and during a very busy work day at a full time job.

It is over. It has been released. The few minor errors (which are up for debate)are minor and will not effect the outcome.

If you choose to send this to other media, choose the one you like best of course, but one edit I highly disagree with is saying "if and when Ron Paul is elected president". Just not press-release worthy at all. Sounds like wishful thinking and will not bode well with the media.

Anyway, I am thrilled that it has already been picked up! By a major news organization...YES! Let's focus on the positive here, OK?

speciallyblend
11-20-2007, 05:29 PM
ello,GREAT WORK SNIFFLES:) ooo just sent the press release to our local editor ,who is behind us,our local paper prints 13 papers,so he will get it to the right people:)

Mark
11-20-2007, 05:35 PM

Yeah, I know, I was just 'on a roll" I guess.

Do you think that the corrections are incorrect?

BTW, no one has commented on the other proofreading corrections yet.

If they're incorrect, please holla with something better.

I'm neither an English Major nor a paid proofreader, just a regular guy trying to help.

Mark
11-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Haha. Everybody's an editor. That second one was a news story written by US News people.

Ouch, and they put the extra"that" in? I'm pretty sure that shouldn't be there.

"Larry Lepard, a venture capitalist and Ron Paul supporter from Massachusetts,
has shelled out about $85,000 of his own money to throw what he told U.S. News
is a "small hard rock at a good target":
a full-page ad supporting Paul that will run in tomorrow's edition of USA Today
—the nation's largest circulation daily newspaper—on the busiest travel day of the year."

vs.

"Larry Lepard, a venture capitalist and Ron Paul supporter from Massachusetts,
has shelled out about $85,000 of his own money to throw what he told U.S. News
is a "small hard rock at a good target":
a full-page ad supporting Paul will run in tomorrow's edition of USA Today
—the nation's largest circulation daily newspaper—on the busiest travel day of the year."

Now, if they were 'naming' the article, yes, a "that" would be proper, however,
they were just "referencing" the article, which, I believe, doesn't call for a "that".

Maybe I'm wrong.

It is over. It has been released. Oh, okay, I didn't know it had been released already. I thought it was just a draft.

The few minor errors (which are up for debate) are minor and will not effect the outcome. Which ones are "up for debate"? I even looked up "preemptive", it's spelled like that on Dictionary.com.

If you choose to send this to other media, choose the one you like best of course, but one edit I highly disagree with is saying "if and when Ron Paul is elected president". Just not press-release worthy at all. Sounds like wishful thinking and will not bode well with the media.Eh, I included it for subconscious psychological reasons.
A little more "positive".

USAFCapt
11-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Can somebody send this to drudge? What about other major news sites?

jake
11-20-2007, 05:43 PM

Thoughts?

LWL

http://www.prweb.com is the most respected, the paid option is read by the employees of the Associated Press

Arklatex
11-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Wow I never knew llepard was an investment manager. What sort of invesments I wonder or would he rather keep that private? We should talk sometime!

modern day revolutionaries... This small presence of people here at this forum are changing the world.

torchbearer
11-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Links that mention the USA Today ad?

Lord Xar
11-20-2007, 05:50 PM
since the dollar crashing and our economy tanking, perhaps you could put that in. Did you? I didn't read it in there.

Mark
11-20-2007, 05:53 PM
since the dollar crashing and our economy tanking, perhaps you could put that in. Did you? I didn't read it in there.

That would probably only appeal to Americans who have dollars that can crash. :D :D

Mark
11-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Links that mention the USA Today ad?

And, links to it:

http://www.revmark.org/forumfiles/paul/af.htm

:D:D

torchbearer
11-20-2007, 05:57 PM
And, links to it:

http://www.revmark.org/forumfiles/paul/af.htm

:D:D

Oh, I meant to news mentions of the USA today ad.

Mark
11-20-2007, 06:03 PM
http://www.prweb.com is the most respected, the paid option is read by the employees of the Associated Press

AP is WELL known for ignoring Dr Paul.

After one debate, an AP article on the front page of Yahoo,
didn't even mention Dr Paul, yet, they included the fact
that Brownback had dropped out before the debate.

http://godmark.com/images/nfc.jpg