PDA

View Full Version : Senator Feinstein's response to Rand's foreign aid bill

tsai3904
10-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Just received this email response from Senator Feinstein

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding U.S. foreign aid funding for Libya, Egypt, and Pakistan. I appreciate the time you took to write, and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

Please know that I share your deep concern and outrage regarding the September 11, 2012 attacks against diplomatic facilities in the Middle East that claimed the lives of four Americans, including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya, John Christopher Stevens.

It is critical that those responsible for these acts are brought to justice, and I call on the Governments of Libya, Egypt, and other countries that experienced similar attacks to work closely with the U.S. Government to ensure that this does not happen again.

As a leader in the global economy and international affairs, I believe that the United States must be willing to promote peace and development with many tools, including a healthy foreign aid budget designed to encourage democracy, economic development, political stability, and a greater respect for religious tolerance and human rights. Our foreign aid budget reflects the best of America's values: helping those in need. But, it also helps protect American citizens and U.S. national security interests by lifting people out of poverty and turning them away from harmful and extremist ideologies. Ultimately, I believe that these investments are far less costly than any military intervention.

As you may know, on September 19, 2012, Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) introduced S. 3576, which would have immediately cut off all U.S. foreign aid to Libya, Egypt, and Pakistan, as well as any country in which a U.S. diplomatic facility was "attacked, trespassed upon, breached, or attempted to be attacked, trespassed upon, or breached on or after September 1, 2012." This provision would include U.S. allies like Israel and India. On September 22, 2012, I joined a bipartisan majority of my Senate colleagues in defeating S. 3576 by a vote of 81 to 10.

Please know that I have made careful note of your concerns, and I will keep your views in mind should the Senate discuss U.S. foreign aid in the future. However, I do not support ending U.S. foreign aid to Libya, Egypt, and Pakistan at this time.

Once again, thank you for writing. Although we may disagree on this matter, I hope that you will continue to keep me informed about issues of importance to you. Should you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841, or visit my website at www.feinstein.senate.gov. Best regards.

Sincerely yours,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator

nobody's_hero
10-19-2012, 01:24 PM
That woman does not listen to her constituents.

here she is back in 2008 talking about nearly 100,000 calls she got regarding the Bailouts and concludes by saying we should vote for Tarp. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVOuK_KB9ew

Basically her attitude is that you're stupid and you shouldn't have wasted your time writing that email. She knows best.

She's basically a bitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09gDvV_zHHk

Lucille
10-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Why does she hate America's poor?

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country."
- Ron Paul

July
10-19-2012, 01:54 PM
There's that foriegn aid is a "tool" line again... Everyone who has come out in opposition to Rand's bill/ads has used that same language. I think it's important, because it says a lot about how disconnected these politicians are... It's not tax payer money, or the property of the American people, for our interests. A tool.

Brian4Liberty
10-19-2012, 01:59 PM
healthy foreign aid budget

Isn't that a nice way to spin it? A "healthy" budget. :rolleyes:

Brian4Liberty
10-19-2012, 02:03 PM
That woman does not listen to her constituents.

She doesn't need to, as the idiots keep re-electing her. We really, really need liberty-oriented Democrats in California to run in the Primaries.

Lucille
10-19-2012, 02:11 PM
She doesn't need to, as the idiots keep re-electing her. We really, really need liberty-oriented Democrats in California to run in the Primaries.

That stupid Top Two Primary has the potential to really throw a monkey wrench into things, if abused properly.

paulbot24
10-19-2012, 04:47 PM
If foreign aid is a "tool" they use, I don't even want to know the problem they claim they're fixing using it.

dillo
10-20-2012, 01:14 AM
shes a dual citizen, shes not voting against israel

paulbot24
10-20-2012, 01:57 AM
I love knowing that more people are waking up and realizing it is much more satisfying to vote out people that do not represent their interests than it is to just complain about how screwed up it is. Staying involved and aware, especially locally, and slowly weeding out these "unrepresenting representatives" is the key. One of the many reasons I am so thankful Ron is staying so active with Young Americans for Liberty.

anaconda
10-20-2012, 03:24 AM
She makes me ill. This incident was classic. She got caught by some Berkeley activists and back peddled very quickly. I'm surprised she didn't take way more heat for this one..

http://www.earthrights.org/campaigns/senator-feinstein-introduces-bill-protect-perpetrators-human-rights-abuses

Smart3
10-20-2012, 04:05 AM
CA and HW have the worst Dem duos.

ctiger2
10-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Feinstein is an Israeli-firster-zionist-nutjob

James Madison
10-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Feinstein is an Israeli-firster-zionist-nutjob

As a leader in the global economy and international affairs, I believe that the United States must be willing to promote peace and development with many tools, including a healthy foreign aid budget designed to encourage democracy, economic development, political stability, and a greater respect for religious tolerance and human rights

Ironic, isn't it?