PDA

View Full Version : what is the problem with iowa ??

maxmerkel
11-20-2007, 01:32 AM
also see this thread : http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=39312
what's up with the iowans ? why is paul polling so low while huckabee polls so high?
don't they like liberty ?
don't they like honest politicians with a proven 30 year record ?
are there any radio hosts that are highly biased ?

what's your explanation for this and what do you think can be done about this situation ? after all it's (one of?) the first primaries !

Voice
11-20-2007, 01:34 AM
they are a state of farmers grown fat on Government Cheese. They need it explained to them that they'll make more without income tax.

Just Come Home
11-20-2007, 01:37 AM
That's the truth Voice...

Farming welfare has turned them ignorant...

RockEnds
11-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Gee, I'm glad you guys know it all.

maxmerkel
11-20-2007, 01:39 AM
they are a state of farmers grown fat on Government Cheese. They need it explained to them that they'll make more without income tax.

96% of iowans are farmers ??

0zzy
11-20-2007, 01:41 AM
96% of iowans are farmers ??

96% of Iowans aren't even humans, most of them are sheep.

Ron Paul Fan
11-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Has Huckabee already been declared the winner of the Iowa Caucus? No? Well then I guess we don't even know if there's a problem with them yet. Iowa will come around when they hear the message of liberty! Paul doesn't have the media fawning over him like Huckabee. The caucus isn't being held tomorrow. Don't fret. Name recognition is currently being spread around via advertising. If you build it, they will come...

maxmerkel
11-20-2007, 01:44 AM
96% of Iowans aren't even humans, most of them are sheep.

why don't they get that meadows will be way more luscious with paul ??

Voice
11-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Their brothers and sisters and cousins are farmers. Their fathers and daughters are farmers. And they are in the fertilizer business, and the chemicals business. They fix cropdusters, wait tables for farmers, have town meetings with farmers, sell grain, trade in cows, and deal in farm land. They write news for farmers, report the weather for farmers, and they go door-to-door selling new Harvester attachments. Yes, it is a state of farmers.

Just Come Home
11-20-2007, 01:46 AM
Gee, I'm glad you guys know it all.

Sorry man... Nothing against you... I just have met some backwards Iowans. Hate taxes. Love farmer welfare. Love war.

RockEnds
11-20-2007, 01:48 AM
Maxmerkel,

My step-mother is from Heidelberg. (She lives in Iowa now, growing fat from her farm subsidies.) I haven't been there since '91. How's the weather?

Iowa is a state over-run with politicians, and Ron Paul isn't one of them. The average voter here isn't out looking for more trouble. There's enough trouble descending upon us. You can't turn the corner without being politically assaulted.

The RP ads have only been running a week or two. Just in the last week, name recognition has grown by leaps and bounds. People are becoming aware, and there is an interest. Time is not on our side, but with a little hard work, there is hope.

Chester Copperpot
11-20-2007, 01:50 AM
There are a lot of farmers who want to be able to grow hemp.. Although some states allow it, the farmers are afraid the feds will come in and seize everything and put them out of business if they start doing it.;.. Those guys will want Ron Paul once theyre aware of him

Original_Intent
11-20-2007, 01:51 AM
Iowans pick corn, New Hampshire picks presidents....:)

maxmerkel
11-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Maxmerkel,

My step-mother is from Heidelberg. (She lives in Iowa now, growing fat from her farm subsidies.) I haven't been there since '91. How's the weather?

right now ? dark grey ugly cold coming winter weather :mad:
tell her to vote for ron paul. thats what good people from heidelberg should do.
(and don't forget to tell her about the fat hemp profits she could reap)

seapilot
11-20-2007, 01:56 AM
There is a letter writing campaign to Iowa from the grassroots...supposedly 3000 personal handwritten letters to no party voters. Ive sent 11 so far, stressing Ron Pauls military support, good with veterans, and that he is the only one that knows anything about economics for the soon to be recession.

davidhperry
11-20-2007, 01:58 AM
There is a letter writing campaign to Iowa from the grassroots...supposedly 3000 personal handwritten letters to no party voters. Ive sent 11 so far, stressing Ron Pauls military support, good with veterans, and that he is the only one that knows anything about economics for the soon to be recession.

Thanks for doing that! It's that kind of stuff, along with door-to-door canvassing, that's going to make the biggest difference.

RockEnds
11-20-2007, 02:05 AM
right now ? dark grey ugly cold coming winter weather :mad:
tell her to vote for ron paul. thats what good people from heidelberg should do.
(and don't forget to tell her about the fat hemp profits she could reap)

We're looking at 8 inches of snow by Wednesday. :mad: We don't get the snow like Germany, though. I used to live in Wildflecken. My kids loved the snow!

Actually, they rent their farm, and they're doing pretty well with that, but I'll be sure to tell her about the fat hemp profits and the support from Heidelberg. Hopefully she'll be in Iowa for the caucus. Her brother still lives in Heidelberg, and she likes to go to Germany for the holidays.

kill the banks
11-20-2007, 02:32 AM
i know a few good people there could use a few extra dollars ... chip in a little if you can

Dr. Brian Horsfield
Organizer, Ron Paul MeetUp Group, Fairfield Iowa
http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul_liberty
Click to support our Chipin for promotion in first primary state!

kill the banks

Ron LOL
11-20-2007, 02:58 AM
There are a lot of farmers who want to be able to grow hemp.. Although some states allow it, the farmers are afraid the feds will come in and seize everything and put them out of business if they start doing it.;.. Those guys will want Ron Paul once theyre aware of him

If this is true, we need to figure out something about it and get on the issue hardcore. From some quick Googling, it looks like this was a big issue in 1998?

purplechoe
11-20-2007, 03:41 AM
i know a few good people there could use a few extra dollars ... chip in a little if you can

Dr. Brian Horsfield
Organizer, Ron Paul MeetUp Group, Fairfield Iowa
http://www.myspace.com/ronpaul_liberty
Click to support our Chipin for promotion in first primary state!

kill the banks

just send $50...

saahmed
11-20-2007, 04:05 AM
The main problem in Iowa is name recognition. It is improving with the recent TV and radio ads. On Saturday as I was getting the word out before the rally in Iowa City, the most common questions were "who is he?" and "what party is he?" But there was a lot of positive responses. People yelling their support and just giving us thumbs up. There were only a couple negative comments, one being "Ron Paul is a Nazi" which was yelled at me from across the street. I was also told that I was going to be "Obamanated". I think as his name gets out there, support will grow. I'm doing what I can with my limited time and money. I think some more TV ads are necessary. I see a lot of Obama, Richardson, Romney, some Dodd. How can Richardson afford so many ads here, though Paul raised more money than him?