PDA

View Full Version : Puppies help rescue young boy, cops show up and shoot them

aGameOfThrones
10-18-2012, 10:02 PM
WARNING: MISLEADING TITLE

An Alabama man credits a dog and her four puppies for helping rescue*a 10-year-old boy with Down syndrome who was lost in the woods for 18 hours.

“Those puppies kept him company, they kept him warm and comfortable,” Jamie Swinney of Hackleburg, Ala., told NBC News on Thursday. “We don’t know what would have happened to him had the puppies not been with him. And credit goes to the mother dog for leading me to the boy.”

Kyle Camp went missing from his home about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday. After his family failed to locate the boy they called police for help about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to NBC station WAFF-TV.

Word spread fast through the town of about 1,400 residents and at*least 150 people left their homes and jobs to look for Kyle, authorities said.

Police say it’s believed that Kyle walked away from home and might have followed the family dog -- and her four puppies in tow – for a mile and half into the woods heavily populated with oak and pine trees.

Teams*of volunteers -- flanked by police officers and fire crews from surrounding communities -- searched through neighborhoods, roads and the wooded area behind the boy’s single-story home.
Swinney, owner of Bo’s Restaurant, found the boy wet, shivering and shoeless in a creek about 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday. Kyle's*bare feet were submerged in water*and four puppies*piled*on the boy.

After a young Alabama boy gets lost in the woods, two of his family's puppies manage to find him, and keep him warm overnight, until the mama dog led rescuers to them all the next day. WAFF's Marie Waxel reports.

He said*the hunt's unsung hero was the mother of*mixed-breed litter.

"I knew if anyone was going to find the boy it was going to be the mother of the puppies and I all I had to do was follow the mother dog," Swinney said. "She had been barking and running along and I took off after her."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/18/14541176-puppies-kept-lost-alabama-boy-warm-in-woods-rescuer-says#comments

TheTexan
10-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Dog drags man out of burning building, cops then shoot dog

(*warning: fabricated story)

BamaAla
10-18-2012, 10:06 PM
What's with the title?

That happened not too far from here. Those folks needed some good news after the tornado last year and this one delivered!

aGameOfThrones
10-18-2012, 10:12 PM
What's with the title?

That happened not too far from here. Those folks needed some good news after the tornado last year and this one delivered!

This dog story had a happy ending, couldn't allowed that for the title. :cool: