PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: Dr. Shakil Afridi Helped U.S. Find Bin Laden, He Should Be Freed From Jail

jct74
10-18-2012, 08:47 PM
DR. SHAKIL AFRIDI HELPED U.S. FIND BIN LADEN, HE SHOULD BE FREED FROM JAIL

By: Sen. Rand Paul
10/15/2012 02:00 PM

I think that most Americans remember where they were on Sept. 11, 2011. I believe they also remember where they were on May 2, 2011, when SEAL Team 6 infiltrated the compound and killed Osama bin Laden.

In the weeks leading up to that attack on the compound by SEAL Team 6, there was a doctor in Pakistan who helped us determine bin Laden’s exact location. Doctors are not soldiers, but doctors are taught to heal and to help. Dr. Shakil Afridi helped in the only way he knew how—through the use of his medical practice.

Dr. Afridi is a Pakistani doctor who risked his own life to provide us with information that confirmed the particular location of the compound that housed bin Laden and his family.

The outcome of the vote on my bill to cut funding to Egypt, Libya and Pakistan is a clear indication of just how out-of-touch our elected officials are.

This bill gave Congress the opportunity to do the right thing. But unfortunately, 81 members ignored the voices and concerns of the people.

It is time for the Senate to prioritize their responsibilities to the American people and that is what I am here to do, I am here to serve my constituents and fight for what I believe is right.

Imprisoning the man that helped us capture and kill one of the world’s worst mass murders is not a way to encourage cooperation between our countries.

If they will not cooperate as an ally, then I will do everything possible, everything I have within my limits to end all American aid to Pakistan, Libya and Egypt.

read more:
http://www.humanevents.com/2012/10/15/rand-paul-dr-shakil-afridi-helped-u-s-find-bin-laden-he-should-be-freed-from-jail/