PDA

View Full Version : Romney death threats, riot warnings worry Republicans

presence
10-18-2012, 08:25 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/romney-death-threats-riot-warnings-worry-republicans

Despite the majority of news media outlets ignoring the story, a law enforcement source claims that the Tweets by Obama supporters calling for the murder -- assassination -- of Mitt Romney increased in their numbers and in their severity after Tuesday night's presidential debate. Other supporters are threatening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DevdacJ8jh8) civil unrest in U.S. cities should Obama lose the White House.

The police source said that it's widely known in the law enforcement and intelligence communities that President Barack Obama's rabid supporters say they will kill GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney if he defeats Obama in the election less than three weeks away. Many believe they are empty threats, but remain concerned.
"These people posting threats are merely blowing off steam. They are people who take the opportunity to say things anonymously on the Internet (http://www.examiner.com/internet) that they would never dream of saying in public," says former police officer Iris Aquino. "There are threats made against Obama by neo-Nazi and white supremacists on the Internet. The only difference is the news media and the Secret Service take those threats seriously."

DerailingDaTrain
10-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Nothing will happen

Zippyjuan
10-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah. Rabid Republicans also threatend to kill Obama too. (the sources carrying the story in the OP are anti-Obama in the first place- playing on people's fears to get them to vote Romney). Some of the same ones trying to say he was a Muslim in the last election.

From the original article:

The primary reason given for Obama supporters wanting to see Romney dead is the fear that he will take away food stamps from the 47 million people receiving government assistance, the police source told Law Enforcement Examiner.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/262391-police-we-dont-expect-nov-6-riots

Police: We don’t expect Nov. 6 riots

Police departments around the nation are not anticipating civil unrest on Election Day despite arguments between liberals and conservatives over whether President Obama’s defeat could spark riots.

“We’re not anticipating civil unrest on Election Night,” said a spokesman for the Detroit police department who did not give his name. “We’re going to collect the ballots like we usually do. If a situation arises and we need to respond, we’ll respond to the scene and assess.”

In 2008, James Tate, then the second deputy chief of the department, told The Hill that extra manpower would be assigned on Election Night and noted that police had to control rioters who vandalized cars after the Tigers won the 1984 World Series.

Spokesmen for police departments in Philadelphia, Baltimore, Cleveland, Columbus, Miami, Houston and Los Angeles likewise said they were not aware of any special preparations for civil unrest.

Civil rights leaders say they are concerned about disputes over who is allowed to vote and warn there could be a loud public response if poor and minority voters feel they are being disenfranchised.

“I think there are some people that are deeply concerned that we may have something more akin to the shenanigans we experienced in 2000,” said Hilary Shelton, Washington bureau director of the NAACP.

But they do not anticipate rioting.

qh4dotcom
10-18-2012, 08:43 PM
When Ron Paul supporters threw snowballs at Hannity, that made Ron Paul look bad.

So how come Obama doesn't look bad when his supporters are threatening civil unrest in U.S. cities should Obama lose the White House?

James Madison
10-18-2012, 08:47 PM
When Ron Paul supporters threw snowballs at Hannity, that made Ron Paul look bad.

So how come Obama doesn't look bad when his supporters are threatening civil unrest in U.S. cities should Obama lose the White House?

That, my friend, is the power of the main stream media.

Zippyjuan
10-18-2012, 09:01 PM
I think it is not Obama supporters threatening to riot but Conservatives making the claim that they might to play on fears. Note that no sources to the info are indicated. None. It is all very general and anonmous. I recall during the Bush re-election campaign every time that Bush started to slip in the polls there was another "terrorist threat" issued- all of which turned out to be nothing but it helped Bush get re-elected based on people's fears. Fear sells. It is easier to scare people than to try to convince them rationally to do something. This time it is riots and death threats instead of terror attacks. Political games.

phill4paul
10-18-2012, 09:02 PM

Yup.

BamaAla
10-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Nothing will happen

If Romney wins, I'd wager that there will be small scale riots in more than one major urban area of the country. I'll steak bet it.

Working Poor
10-18-2012, 09:16 PM
If Romney wins, I'd wager that there will be small scale riots in more than one major urban area of the country. I'll steak bet it.

I would too if I had any steak.

ClydeCoulter
10-18-2012, 09:31 PM

Perhaps for the same reason that it should not have been reflected onto Ron?

AGRP
10-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Speaking of the devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaEqxlxT9-g&feature=player_embedded

shane77m
10-19-2012, 10:33 AM
http://twitchy.com/2012/10/17/post-presidential-debate-obama-supporters-renew-vows-to-murder-mitt-romney/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Post-presidential debate, Obama supporters renew vows to murder Mitt Romney
Posted at 12:36 am on October 17, 2012 by Twitchy Staff | View Comments

@Gotta__Lov3it

If Romney win this election, he might as well wear a shirt that says "Assassinate Me Bitch"
16 Oct 12

@LoudJet_Life

Yall ready to assasinate romney ?—
Paper Habits ✈ (@LoudJet_Life) October 17, 2012
16 Oct 12

As soon as tonight’s presidential debate was underway, unhinged Obama supporters took to Twitter to make threats on Mitt Romney’s life:

@alyy_joee

Romney make me wanna hop through the tv & just assasinate his ass .—
Alyece Johnson (@alyy_joee) October 17, 2012

The "Tweets" are precious.

jbauer
10-19-2012, 10:40 AM
The primary reason given for Obama supporters wanting to see Romney dead is the fear that he will take away food stamps from the 47 million people receiving government assistance, the police source told Law Enforcement Examiner.

And we think Paul would have had a chance. Heck Rmoney isn't going to touch their precious food stamps but at some point we're going to need to do something about them. Talk about an entitled nation.

tod evans
10-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Go ahead, both sides.

Best of luck to the crazy people, I hope both sides succeed.

Ron Paul vs Gary Johnson sounds better to me than what we're facing..

Athan
10-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Just another false flag operation so they can defend their attacks on our freedoms.

fisharmor
10-19-2012, 11:08 AM
What about the death threat Rmoney made to all of us by stating he would have signed NDAA?
Nope, that's expecting way too much, that anyone would riot over that.....

Pericles
10-19-2012, 11:48 AM

Whoever sets up the pool, I want Detroit.

Anti Federalist
10-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Go ahead, both sides.

Ron Paul vs Gary Johnson sounds better to me than what we're facing..

I'm in such a pissy mood these last few days, that's excactly what I say.

Fuck it all, let it burn.

I'll dance in the shadows.

tod evans
10-19-2012, 12:52 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Anti Federalist
10-19-2012, 12:53 PM

I'll take Camden.

DerailingDaTrain
10-19-2012, 12:56 PM

Nope

JK/SEA
10-19-2012, 01:01 PM
frisco...oakland

Pericles
10-19-2012, 01:36 PM
I'll take Camden.

You too, could be a winner!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-19-2012, 01:55 PM
Go ahead, both sides.

If all of the supporters of Obama and Romney decided to have a war, we'd just wind up with a bunch of dead bankers and corporatists. I don't want anyone hurt... I just wish they'd all go away.

paulbot24
10-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Oh I hope to god this doesn't become a trend. Can you imagine what will happen after the first woman President gets sent packing? We men won't be getting any action after that until Oprah makes a public statement to just "let the past be the past ladies."

tod evans
10-19-2012, 04:57 PM
If all of the supporters of Obama and Romney decided to have a war, we'd just wind up with a bunch of dead bankers and corporatists. I don't want anyone hurt... I just wish they'd all go away.

Problem is if "they" go anywhere but 6 feet under "they" could come back....:eek:

angelatc
10-19-2012, 05:07 PM

OK, but if you win you have to keep it.

Pericles
10-19-2012, 05:13 PM

If it gets totally destroyed, OK. It can then be rebuilt properly. But, I'm not fixing a mess that I didn't create.

paulbot24
10-19-2012, 05:15 PM
If it gets totally destroyed, OK. It can then be rebuilt properly. But, I'm not fixing a mess that I didn't create.

Yeah, no kidding. "We didn't build that!"

angelatc
10-19-2012, 06:23 PM

LOL - what do you mean *if* it gets totally destroyed?

juleswin
10-19-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm in such a pissy mood these last few days, that's excactly what I say.

Fuck it all, let it burn.

I'll dance in the shadows.

What he said. Btw this is all talk, most people will stay home and do absolutely nothing if Romney wins and the ones who riot are probably the onces who look for any excuse to start a good ole street riot

I wonder what it says about national security republicans if they are worried scared about violence from mamby pamby pampered American rioters, how can we expect them to handle threats from real terrorist if they are worried about this?

BlackTerrel
10-19-2012, 06:59 PM

Yes because the snowballs was headline news for weeks :rolleyes:

BTW this article is bull. There will not be riots if Obama loses.

Origanalist
10-19-2012, 07:03 PM
frisco...oakland

Dammit! Beat me to it.:mad:

Anti Federalist
10-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Yes because the snowballs was headline news for weeks :rolleyes:

Five years later, to an audience of millions, and Shamity is still whining and wheezing about it.

I'd have chucked an iceball, had I been there.

BTW this article is bull. There will not be riots if Obama loses.

I think, tongue in cheek remarks notwithstanding, everybody is in agreement with that.

Now, let the Wal Marx run out of 185 inch flat screens TVs on Black Friday, then you'll see a riot.

Or a big scuffle anyway.

I think we've pretty much flushed any "riot" gene out of the populace.

The LA Rodney King riots were pretty much the last hurrah.

Greece and Russia and Columbia have riots.

Here, we have a bunch of people stare at each other, talking trash, one side scared, and the other glad of it.

Pericles
10-19-2012, 08:41 PM
LOL - what do you mean *if* it gets totally destroyed?

I've heard there is at least one working streetlight ....

Lucille
10-19-2012, 08:58 PM

I'm hearing Detroit's cool!

Johnny Knoxville: Detroit Lives Part 1 of 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joMysMDHdb4&playnext=1&list=PLCFC03D218A87F6BD&feature=results_main

Karen De Coster's latest:

Detroit's Heroic Anarcho-Bus Company
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/123560.html

More: http://karendecoster.com/?s=detroit

Carson
10-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Riots coming(?) no matter who...

well except Ron Paul. His leadership could keep them to a minimum world wide if we were only allowed to follow him.

Maybe his message can carry us through.

paulbot24
10-19-2012, 11:01 PM
It sounds like they are prepping for a damn race war. You know the media, keep saying it might happen and just like magic, it often does. Imagine the riots from the "food stamp" crowd and the "whitebread" crowd when the fiscal crash comes and they realize it actually makes more sense to use their fiat currency to wipe than to attempt to buy proper toilet paper.

matt0611
10-20-2012, 06:31 AM
It sounds like they are prepping for a damn race war. You know the media, keep saying it might happen and just like magic, it often does. Imagine the riots from the "food stamp" crowd and the "whitebread" crowd when the fiscal crash comes and they realize it actually makes more sense to use their fiat currency to wipe than to attempt to buy proper toilet paper.

Helter Skelter, maybe Manson was right afterall, just a bit early :eek:

kathy88
10-20-2012, 07:01 AM
I'll take Stockton FTW.

bolil
10-20-2012, 09:32 AM
There were alleged whispers of similar threats against Obama.

DeMintConservative
10-20-2012, 11:29 AM
I think it is not Obama supporters threatening to riot but Conservatives making the claim that they might to play on fears. Note that no sources to the info are indicated. None. It is all very general and anonmous. I recall during the Bush re-election campaign every time that Bush started to slip in the polls there was another "terrorist threat" issued- all of which turned out to be nothing but it helped Bush get re-elected based on people's fears. Fear sells. It is easier to scare people than to try to convince them rationally to do something. This time it is riots and death threats instead of terror attacks. Political games.

C'mon, this is totally false. Go to the twitchy page someone linked and you'll see the analysis.

And yeah, fear sells. At least Obama campaign seems to bet on that.

DeMintConservative
10-20-2012, 11:32 AM
I don't believe riots will happen regardless of the result.

Obama doesn't inspire the same type of adoration and fanaticism of four years ago. People will still vote, donate and campaign for him, but now he's just another presidential candidate and politician, not the messianic god-like figure he was 4 years ago. Their entire campaign is now based on the "other guy sucks more" mantra.

truelies
10-20-2012, 11:57 AM
only a fool will go near the areas of major cities where the kenyan's black base are common if/when he gets retired in November. The flash mobs if not outright riots will be much more common until the thugs are met with overwhelming physical force on a routine basis by those they attack.

Zippyjuan
10-20-2012, 04:38 PM
C'mon, this is totally false. Go to the twitchy page someone linked and you'll see the analysis.

And yeah, fear sells. At least Obama campaign seems to bet on that.

Headline from the same source:
http://twitchy.com/category/us-politics/

Cuckoo rumor of the day: Romney will ban hair weaves and the Dollar Menu

I can't take them very seriously. (did note that "tweets" was in quotations).

misterx
10-20-2012, 06:33 PM
The potential for riots is there, but I think it will only happen with the media fanning the flames hard. Americans are too lazy and apathetic to riot. The story here is not that romney is being threatened, that'd to be expected. The interesting story is that the media only reports it, and the authorities only take it seriously, when obama is threatened.

Pericles
10-20-2012, 06:44 PM
The potential for riots is there, but I think it will only happen with the media fanning the flames hard. Americans are too lazy and apathetic to riot. The story here is not that romney is being threatened, that'd to be expected. The interesting story is that the media only reports it, and the authorities only take it seriously, when obama is threatened.

People who think that they have something to lose don't riot. Those who have nothing left to lose, do.

BlackTerrel
10-21-2012, 09:35 PM
only a fool will go near the areas of major cities where the kenyan's black base are common if/when he gets retired in November. The flash mobs if not outright riots will be much more common until the thugs are met with overwhelming physical force on a routine basis by those they attack.

Remember when racists tried to hide it?

Haha seriously man don't hold back. Tell us what you really feel. And continue to live in fear :rolleyes:

BlackTerrel
11-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Hey remember when all those crazy black people were going to riot if Obama didn't win?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/university-mississippi-students-riot-obama-election_n_2088176.html

UPDATED - A disturbance broke out on the University of Mississippi's campus early Wednesday, after students angry at the reelection of president Barack Obama took to the streets to vent their displeasure.

WMCTV reports that students interacted initially on social media, which resulted in 300-400 young people participating in the disturbance.

Pictures posted on Twitter showed people burning Obama campaign signs. The Clarion Ledger reports that some students were heard shouting racial epithets about Obama and African Americans in general.

Police were called to the scene and the crowd broke up around 12:30 a.m. It's unclear exactly who was there to protest and who came outside to watch.

Ole Miss student Nicholas Carr tweeted that he didn't see students throwing rocks, and suggested some students were outside to witness the protest instead of to participate.

Ironically, as reported by Buzzfeed, prior to Tuesday night conservative bloggers had warned of plots by black youth to riot if Obama lost the election, a charge that police dismissed.

To be clear these are idiot kids.

But I'm sure it would be taken more seriously with threats of "riots" and "civil war" if it happened the other way.

Everyone needs to calm the fuck down.

Dr.3D
11-07-2012, 07:23 PM
I tend to forget about skin color till someone brings it up.

paulbot24
11-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I tend to forget about skin color till someone brings it up.

Yeah, like until a cop says he's punching you because you're a fucking mutt. That and the punch usually jogs the memory.