PDA

View Full Version : Wow. U.S. Welfare Spending Topped $1T in 2011 - Does NOT include SS/Medicare

Lucille
10-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Congratulations, Amerika! Get off your knees and take a bow!

USSA! USSA! USSA!

U.S. Welfare Spending Topped $1T in 2011
http://reason.com/24-7/2012/10/18/us-welfare-spending-topped-1t-in-2011

The government spent approximately $1.03 trillion on 83 means-tested federal welfare programs in fiscal year 2011 alone — a price tag that makes welfare that year the government’s largest expenditure, according to new data released by the Republican side of the Senate Budget Committee.
[...]
The data excludes spending on Social Security, Medicare, means-tested health care for veterans without service-connected disabilities, and the means-tested veterans pension program.

Begging hands and bleeding hearts will
Only cry out for more

torchbearer
10-18-2012, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't even know how to get on welfare checks.
If I wanted to say fuck it, and quit working- how would i get on the dole?
I think everyone should just stop working and get on a government check. that will end this shit quick.

angelatc
10-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Congratulations, Amerika! Get off your knees and take a bow!

I'm not on my knees - I'm on my ass!

(I'd be getting paid if I were on my knees. ;) )

angelatc
10-18-2012, 05:39 PM
I think everyone should just stop working and get on a government check. that will end this shit quick.

Still learning the ropes, and it varies from state to state. Here in Michigan, the state added an asset test after two lottery winners continued to get food stamps. So, if you have any money in the bank, including retirement accounts and investments, you don't qualify. Your house and your car don't count, though. So if you cash in your iRA and buy a house, you're on the right track.

TheTexan
10-18-2012, 05:45 PM

You could ask the obama-phone woman. I bet she knows

torchbearer
10-18-2012, 05:46 PM
You could ask the obama-phone woman. I bet she knows

she got an email?

TheTexan
10-18-2012, 05:49 PM
she got an email?

no that's not covered under her obama-plan yet. she has a phone # though I know that much

torchbearer
10-18-2012, 05:53 PM
no that's not covered under her obama-plan yet. she has a phone # though I know that much

well, i'll get me a stolen phone too.

angelatc
10-18-2012, 09:00 PM
If you qualify for food stamps or your kids qualify for free lunches, you qualify for an Obamaphone. u cn txt

Jamesiv1
10-18-2012, 09:18 PM
//