PDA

View Full Version : Email Verification Loop Help

J Free
11-20-2007, 01:16 AM
Need help developing a quick email verification loop for GOPrising.

It appears that a reason outgoing email from GOPrising is ending up in bulk email boxes of friends is because other people are registering with fake email addresses. Since the system sends an email to that address with the personalized URL, someone who registers with a fake address simply tags goprising as a potential spammer with all those recipient servers (ie hotmail, yahoo, etc)

So I am faced with a choice - eliminate all the effectiveness of a friends-of-friends network - or eliminate all the paranoid game-players who just want to see a freakin dot on a map and probably have no intention of ever telling anyone anything about Ron Paul.

That's an easy decision. But I need someone to code a php-based email verification loop into the process loop and figure out how/where to insert it into the Forward Track code. Probably similar to what is used for Drupal.

Can any php developers advise me on how much time it takes to code this sort of thing? Can anyone advise me how to repair the damage that may already be done with goprising as it is recorded with some of the bigger email hosts?

Also I suspect that this is something I should just pay someone to do because it is just too risky otherwise. I can't verify that code would work or wouldn't create more harm than good even though both software systems (Forward Track and Drupal) are open source. So will anyone here chip-in to help make this happen?

TechnoGuyRob
11-20-2007, 01:19 AM
I'll help you with this, tomorrow. It's really not too hard.