PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Romney takes first lead in electoral college...

CaseyJones
10-18-2012, 01:29 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map.html

cajuncocoa
10-18-2012, 02:14 PM
I noticed that today. I still don't think he'll win though.

Aratus
10-18-2012, 02:20 PM
the RCP map assumes more states are in play but its solid bedrock
has a mittster bias. InTrade's betting community thinks mr. mitt has
to win ohio and if he doesn't, the three indirect routes to 270 will be
memorable and something for the history books. our POTUS has had
an uphill advantage due to the way the Electoral College simply is!

CaptLouAlbano
10-18-2012, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see at least one more of the "leans Obama" states slide over to the "toss up" column within the next week or two. Obama is in a position right now where he is hemorrhaging support, and with only a few weeks left there really aren't that many undecideds left to win over. The corrected jobless claims numbers today, the "did he call the Libya attack a terrorist attack" screw up from the debate, the welfare story from today....nothing is a positive for Barry.

Can't say that I am surprised or disappointed though. Granted I would have much preferred another candidate on the GOP ticket, but seeing Obama potentially get crushed will make election night an enjoyable one.

CaseyJones
10-18-2012, 02:34 PM
I have been thinking for awhile now we may see a series of one term presidents as things start getting really bad. And this will also be reflected in Congress and the Senate, we could use this to our advantage. And also Nullification candidates in state races will start getting elected I think.. also to our advantage should we take it.

acptulsa
10-18-2012, 02:46 PM
I have been thinking for awhile now we may see a series of one term presidents as things start getting really bad. And this will also be reflected in Congress and the Senate, we could use this to our advantage. And also Nullification candidates in state races will start getting elected I think.. also to our advantage should we take it.

It's unquestionably Romney's to lose. And I still think he'll pull that loss off.

And yes, the collapse will be good for our candidates and our cause. Unfortunate that it takes such a bitter pill to shake people out of their self-destructive ways. Like addicts, apparently the voters can't turn around until they hit bottom. We could have saved everyone a lot of grief, if only we had been heeded.

supermario21
10-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Rather than pretend we actually care about who wins (some of us want Romney, Obama, don't care), let's work on getting our people elected at any post from grassroots committee men and women to the United States Senate (Davis 2014 anyone?). Yeah Rand has done some campaigning for Romney, but he's more busy now pushing his foreign aid issue on democratic incumbents (in essence, getting the Republican opponents to take up his position) and criticizing Romney's foreign policy. Think about it, if Rand can get guys like Akin elected (due to his ads, since the national party isn't involved, and Lindsey Graham spouting off for Democrats), his stock goes up dramatically.

CaptLouAlbano
10-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Supermario, some of us are able to run for office, lay groundwork for Davis (I am in his home county) and pay attention to the election.

I do care who wins. I want to see Obama humiliated on election night. It would have been nice to see that done by a traditional conservative, but sadly this time out we did not run one who was able to win.

supermario21
10-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Supermario, some of us are able to run for office, lay groundwork for Davis (I am in his home county) and pay attention to the election.

I do care who wins. I want to see Obama humiliated on election night. It would have been nice to see that done by a traditional conservative, but sadly this time out we did not run one who was able to win.

I agree, I already voted for Romney. I just get frustrated at the way we tear each other down when we share our views about the election. To take our movement to the next level we need to put those petty fights behind us.