PDA

View Full Version : GA-Cops terrorize family at gun point, tear house apart. Wrong house.

Anti Federalist
10-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Who are the terrorists again?

Richmond County Sheriff's Investigators Raid Wrong House, Hold Family At Gunpoint

http://www2.wjbf.com/news/2012/oct/12/richmond-county-sheriffs-investigators-raid-wrong-ar-4742125/

Investigators with the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office say they accidently served a search warrant on the wrong house, while looking for a suspected drug dealer in Burke County. WJBF News Channel 6 is the only station to talk with the victim.

Susan Treat says she was standing, in her laundry room, just feet from her backdoor, when Richmond and Burke County Sheriff’s officers, burst through that door, looking for a suspected drug dealer.

Treat says she thought her family’s lives were in danger, she thought the officers were there to help, but she knew that wasn’t the case, when she says at, gun point, the police ordered her, her pregnant daughter, and her 3 year old granddaughter, to get on the floor.

“Two officers were standing over the top of me with guns.” says Treat.

She says the officers searched her house for almost an hour, she says cussing, and calling her a liar, before realizing they had the wrong address. The house they were looking for was two doors down.

“I’ve never done anything wrong. I’ve had one speeding ticket in my life.”

She says now days after the raid, she is having trouble sleeping, and her granddaughter is having nightmares. Even worse she says, NO ONE has even apologized.

“I stood here, in my own home, this is my safe place, this is my granddaughter’s safe place, and my daughter’s, and all at once when they bust in, they take that away.” says Treat.

We went to the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office to get an explanation, of how officers didn’t notice they were going in house 133 not 173. They told us, mistakes happen. But we asked if the accidental search broke the law.

Lieutenant Partain of the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office says, “I don’t know if we broke the law, obviously our legal people have to explain that to us.”

Reporter Brett Buffington asks, “You did raid a house with no warrant, though.”

Lieutenant Partain says, “We raided a house with a warrant. We did go to the wrong house.”

Reporter Brett Buffington again asks, “You did raid a house with no warrant.”

Lieutenant Partain says, “We raided a house, we did go there with a warrant, and we did raid the wrong house.”

Reporter Brett Buffington says, “You raided a house with no warrant, you didn’t have a warrant to this house.”

Lieutenant Partain says, “That is true, that is true, that is true.”

The lieutenant says he’s sorry for the mistake, and so are the officers who entered the house. He says the case is under review, to try and stop this from happening again.

Treat says, “How do you know that these guys aren’t going to make a mistake again, and do the same thing all over again to someone else.”

The case is still under investigation by the Richmond County’s Sheriff’s Office’s Internal Affairs division. Count On WJBF News Channel 6 to continue to track this story.

fisharmor
10-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Lieutenant Partain of the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office says, “I don’t know if we broke the law, obviously our legal people have to explain that to us.”

Does it get any clearer than that?
Two classes of citizen.

fisharmor
10-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Also, for the record, this happened in Georgia, not Virginia.
Our cops only murder Sunday School teachers and octogenarians. We've been light on the home invasions so far.

phill4paul
10-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Kudos for reporter Brett Buffington for keeping their feet to the fire. Yes. What they did WAS illegal. Those involved SHOULD be charged. Armed invasion of a citizens house because you have got the wrong address is NO excuse.
However, the kingsmen will face no court. Will pay no damages. Will repeat this action over and over again.

thoughtomator
10-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Also, for the record, this happened in Georgia, not Virginia.
Our cops only murder Sunday School teachers and octogenarians. We've been light on the home invasions so far.

They murder doctors too

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,193652,00.html

AGRP
10-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Would this be like if someone sucker punched someone because they didn't like what they were peacefully selling but punched the wrong person and expected to get away with any charges?

nobody's_hero
10-18-2012, 01:33 PM
Brett Buffington sounds like a bad-ass reporter.

Reporter Brett Buffington asks, “You did raid a house with no warrant, though.”

Lieutenant Partain says, “We raided a house with a warrant. We did go to the wrong house.”

Reporter Brett Buffington again asks, “You did raid a house with no warrant.”

Lieutenant Partain says, “We raided a house, we did go there with a warrant, and we did raid the wrong house.”

Reporter Brett Buffington says, “You raided a house with no warrant, you didn’t have a warrant to this house.”

Lieutenant Partain says, “That is true, that is true, that is true.”

Make 'em squirm.

Pericles
10-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Kudos for reporter Brett Buffington for keeping their feet to the fire. Yes. What they did WAS illegal. Those involved SHOULD be charged. Armed invasion of a citizens house because you have got the wrong address is NO excuse.
However, the kingsmen will face no court. Will pay no damages. Will repeat this action over and over again.

A reporter doing his job - how remarkable.

phill4paul
10-18-2012, 01:40 PM
A reporter doing his job - how remarkable.

SMH I know. I know.

AGRP
10-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Brett Buffington is about to be reassigned to on site weather reporter.

aGameOfThrones
10-18-2012, 03:04 PM
“I’ve never done anything wrong. I’ve had one speeding ticket in my life.”

Terrorist!