PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Breaking: Romney’s “Bain Capital” Drug Front For Bush Cartel (Video)

Working Poor
10-17-2012, 08:36 PM
I guess this could be why Romney is against legalization....

Could this be true?

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/10/15/breaking-romneys-bain-capitol-drug-front-for-bush-cartel-video/

RonPaulFanInGA
10-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Breaking: two day-old video claims Romney suffered a "major blow" over a non-issue; still no palpable outrage or major media coverage or polling decline (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?392851-GALLUP-Mitt-Romney-Now-Has-A-Gigantic-6-Point-Lead-Over-Obama-(Nationally)).

Working Poor
10-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Do you think this video is true?

acptulsa
10-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Could this be true?

Could. Probably is. But he starts out admitting that he's doing guilt by association, and then makes some links that require a considerable leap of faith. Won't stand up in court, and it would be hard to blame people for not believing it.

Still. I'd be more surprised if it isn't. Bush was CIA; obviously drug money has passed through his hands. Clinton's Arkansas was and is a major waystation in the movement of drugs. There's a reason they don't want the stuff legal--they make more money off of it this way (and get to arrest their customers, too).

Interesting vid. Thanks.

RickyJ
10-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Two minutes is a kind of big deal. Romney couldn't have consulted with all his advisors and put a statement out like that in just two minutes, he must of knew of this attack beforehand. How? I don't know. If he is in anyway connected to this attack it will do more than end his run for the presidency, it will put him jail for life and possibly get him a death sentence.

Working Poor
10-17-2012, 10:30 PM
If he is in anyway connected to this attack it will do more than end his run for the presidency, it will put him jail for life and possibly get him a death sentence.

I am not going to hold my breath on that one.

RickyJ
10-17-2012, 10:36 PM
I am not going to hold my breath on that one.

I am not either, but it is an interesting video. Who knows, maybe Obama is the real lesser of two evils? Doesn't matter, I am writing in Ron Paul. I can't wait for this election to be over so both sides will stop cheering for their idiot in chief. I never knew how dumb some people I knew were until I joined facebook and accepted them as friends. Yikes! It has been a eye-opening experience.

Working Poor
10-18-2012, 05:47 AM
bump for more input

FrankRep
10-18-2012, 06:10 AM
Well, what proof do they offer?

Working Poor
10-18-2012, 06:25 AM
Well, what proof do they offer?

Apparently not enough... If you watch the video they are claiming his relationship with the Bush clan is the evidence. The video is interesting I hope you will watch it Frank I would really value your opinion on the video at the link and everyone else's opinion too.

FrankRep
10-18-2012, 06:44 AM
Apparently not enough... If you watch the video they are claiming his relationship with the Bush clan is the evidence. The video is interesting I hope you will watch it Frank I would really value your opinion on the video at the link and everyone else's opinion too.

I watched about half of it and it's mostly crap. Poorly made, weak evidence, and loose logic.

This video pretty much proves nothing.

DeMintConservative
10-18-2012, 08:38 AM
I had no idea about this Bush Cartel theory.

Cowlesy
10-18-2012, 08:44 AM
No chance in hell. Sorry. Romney ran a firm that to this day operates legitimate companies. They employ armies of lawyers to ensure every i is dotted, and t is crossed. It makes for a juicy story, but it's absolutely a fiction.

Working Poor
10-18-2012, 08:47 AM
Yea it is interesting that they(in the video) point to Bush Sr. as being the shooter of JFK....

Travlyr
10-18-2012, 09:08 AM
Bain Capital started with help of offshore investors (http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/19/nation/la-na-bain-creation-20120719)

Mitt Romney's firm raised more than a third of its first investment fund from wealthy foreigners — who mostly used companies in Panama, then known for tax advantages and banking secrecy.

July 19, 2012 | By Joseph Tanfani, Melanie Mason and Matea Gold

Los Angeles Times - Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON — When Mitt Romney launched Bain Capital in 1984, he struggled at first to raise enough money for the untested venture. Old-money families like the Rothschilds turned down the young Boston consultant.

So he and his partners tapped an eclectic roster of investors, raising more than a third of their first $37-million investment fund from wealthy foreigners.

Most of the foreign investors' money came through corporations registered in Panama, then known for tax advantages and unusual banking secrecy.

Previously unreported details, documented in Massachusetts corporate filings and other public records, show that Bain Capital was enmeshed in the largely opaque world of international high finance from its very inception.

The documents don't indicate any wrongdoing, and experts say that such financial vehicles are common for wealthy foreign investors. But the new details come as President Obama has criticized Romney for profiting from Bain Capital's own offshore investment entities, which are unavailable to most Americans.

The Romney campaign declined to comment on the specifics of Bain's early investors. Romney has argued that his offshore investments are entirely proper, and that he has paid all the U.S. taxes that he owes. The offshore funds do provide tax advantages for foreign investors, allowing Bain to attract billions of dollars.

"The world of finance is not as simple as some would have you believe," Romney said in an interview this week with National Review Online.

The first outside investor in Bain was a leading London financier, Sir Jack Lyons, who made a $2.5-million investment through a Panama shell company set up by a Swiss money manager, further shielding his identity. Years later, Lyons was convicted in an unrelated stock fraud scandal.

About $9 million came from rich Latin Americans, including powerful Salvadoran families living in Miami during their country's brutal civil war.

That first investment fund — used to invest in start-up companies and leveraged buyouts — paid out a stunning 173% in average annual returns over a decade, according to a prospectus prepared by an outside bank. It was the start of the private equity powerhouse that ultimately fueled Romney's political career. He now cites his experience at Bain as a chief qualification for the White House.

Romney faced unusual complications when he launched Bain Capital, a spinoff of Bain & Co., the Boston consulting firm he joined when he graduated from Harvard Business School.

The Goat
10-18-2012, 09:17 AM
No chance in hell. Sorry. Romney ran a firm that to this day operates legitimate companies. They employ armies of lawyers to ensure every i is dotted, and t is crossed. It makes for a juicy story, but it's absolutely a fiction.

Pretty much. Bain made their exesive profits by taking over companies and wringing all the cash out of them. Not much better than the claims in the video and I wouldn't be surprised if he did play a roll. If the bushes are protecting him then that's basically the end. The only way the bushes are going down is with a bolshevik type take over of the US. I think we all know the chances of that happening would depend on someone like the bushes to be involved, lol.

The Goat
10-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Yea it is interesting that they(in the video) point to Bush Sr. as being the shooter of JFK....

Yeah thats a bit of a stretch, its a lot easier to link him to being behind the shooting of Reagan.

Working Poor
10-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Yeah thats a bit of a stretch.

Yea I guess it is but I don't put anything past the Bush cartel when it comes to getting what they want.

Travlyr
10-18-2012, 09:46 AM
There is something fishy about being able to pay 173% return per year for ten years. Something does not add up there. Even Ponzi schemes don't pay those kind of returns.

Working Poor
10-18-2012, 10:07 AM
There is something fishy about being able to pay 173% return per year for ten years. Something does not add up there. Even Ponzi schemes don't pay those kind of returns.

I know...

acptulsa
10-18-2012, 10:13 AM

The last time I heard of returns anywhere near that was Credit Mobilier. That one sent people to prison...

FrankRep
10-18-2012, 11:30 AM

Forbes also mentioned the "173% return."
You can't really accuse him of crime unless you actually have proof.

The Truth About Bain: Inside The House That Mitt Built
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielfisher/2012/10/03/the-truth-about-bain/2/

dannno
10-18-2012, 11:34 AM

Of course they do, that doesn't mean they don't also operate illegitimate companies.

FrankRep
10-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Of course they do, that doesn't mean they don't also operate illegitimate companies.

Innocent until proven guilty. Have some proof?

acptulsa
10-18-2012, 11:54 AM

I don't consider Bain Capital to have the right to be considered innocent until proven guilty. And while I'd fight to the death to prevent Romney from being jailed over unproven allegations, no matter how plausible, those unproven allegations could very well affect my decision on whether or not to vote for him.

dannno
10-18-2012, 12:17 PM

All Presidents have horrific pasts, that is the tool that is used to keep them under control. They get a lot of money and power from their connections and then the system props them up and puts them in a real position of power. The establishment promises their secret will be kept as long as they stay in line. This is a formula that is used over and over. There is no question Bain Capital has a shady past. If real research and investigation is done, then proof will come up.

Rose Law firm had connections to IBBC and they were all laundering drug money. Bush had connections to the Bin Laden family who funneled money to control the political process to the extent that the wealthy Saudi families remain in power. Iran Contra. There's no question that all these people are chest deep in shit.

Working Poor
10-18-2012, 04:35 PM
There is no question Bain Capital has a shady past. If real research and investigation is done, then proof will come up.

Not until after the election though :D

Working Poor
10-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Dammit why is it so hard to prove things?

devil21
10-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Companion article referencing the LA Times article. All this tells me is that in order to be President, you MUST be involved in the CIA's drug running operations to prove you are "part of the team". Alex Jones claims, with ample evidence, that Obama also has a CIA background and if you look at Fast and Furious, it appears that the gun running operation was just part of business as usual supplying the cartels weapons.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/10/17/la-times-romneys-a-drug-money-launderer/

The media will not touch this leading up the election. No way. No journalist wants to be killed in a garage fire, "suicide", or hot tub overdose.