PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson Photos: Gary Johnson at IUPUI Rally - (INDIANA)

IndianaPolitico
10-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Had the chance to hear Gary Johnson speak at IUPUI in Indianapolis on October 6th. Also took a few photos:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/150115_442609342451773_1434869926_n.jpg

Album: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.442609239118450.96046.189056347807075&type=3

NoPants
10-17-2012, 09:16 AM
I wish he would stop wearing those peace shirts. It really makes it hard for people in the main stream to take him seriously. Dress for the job you want Gary.

DeMintConservative
10-17-2012, 11:43 AM
What is he doing in Indiana?

Where can I check Johnson's campaign schedule?

If this guy was serious about maximizing the result and building anything lasting, he'd be campaigning non-stop in NY, CA and TX.

IndianaPolitico
10-19-2012, 03:56 PM
I wish he would stop wearing those peace shirts. It really makes it hard for people in the main stream to take him seriously. Dress for the job you want Gary.

He only wears them at colleges, I think it works for that venue fairly well.

What is he doing in Indiana?

Where can I check Johnson's campaign schedule?

If this guy was serious about maximizing the result and building anything lasting, he'd be campaigning non-stop in NY, CA and TX.

Actually, Indiana has more pro liberty folks here then you would think. I believe that it was the last state this go around where Ron came close to 20%, (He hit 21% in the 1st congressional district) and in 2010 when he came to Indiana University to speak, it was the largest college rally up to that point. I believe that this was also Johnson's largest college event as well. (Although the one in Virginia may have just topped that.)

Keith and stuff
10-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Actually, Indiana has more pro liberty folks here then you would think. I believe that it was the last state this go around where Ron came close to 20%

I think it was 16%. I agree about liberty in IN, though.

It was ranked the 3rd freest state in the US.

http://mercatus.org/freedom-50-states-2011
1. New Hampshire
2. South Dakota
3. Indiana
4. Idaho
5. Missouri

DeMintConservative
10-20-2012, 11:25 AM

Actually, Indiana has more pro liberty folks here then you would think. I believe that it was the last state this go around where Ron came close to 20%, (He hit 21% in the 1st congressional district) and in 2010 when he came to Indiana University to speak, it was the largest college rally up to that point. I believe that this was also Johnson's largest college event as well. (Although the one in Virginia may have just topped that.)

Ron Paul got 15%, but the point is that the voting population in Indiana is bellow 3 million. Plus, even though Romney will win, the fact that Obama won it 4 years ago will make many people nervous enough to vote for Romney even if he's ahead by 7 or 8 points in polls.

Even if the percentage is much smaller, there are a lot more of libertarian minded voters in NYS, CA or TX because the voting population is much, much larger. And those states are safe blue or red, which means people will be more predisposed to vote for 3rd party candidates. From what I've read in the news, he's spent a lot of time in small states, especially swingy ones, which doesn't make any sense if his goal is to maximize his result.

Keith and stuff
10-20-2012, 12:35 PM
From what I've read in the news, he's spent a lot of time in small states, especially swingy ones, which doesn't make any sense if his goal is to maximize his result.

It depends how you look at maximized results. If he makes the difference b/t the Obama and Romney voters in NV, CO, OH and NH, he would likely be thrilled. I think Gary is quite mad that even though he was more accomplished politically than most of the big name candidates running in the GOP Primary, he was treated like a nobody. I don't think he really cares so much about helping Romney.