PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson [video] Gary Johnson on Jobs, Taxes & Debates - CNBC's Kudlow Report 10/16/2012

Jumbo Shrimp
10-16-2012, 05:48 PM
I'll add a tube as soon as I can find it.

Interesting thing he said is he wants to legalize competing currencies instead of having a gold standard. Has Gary been reading up on Austrian economics?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG1ql65zI20

torchbearer
10-16-2012, 05:50 PM
Gary seems to be sold on Ron Paul's plan.

TheTexan
10-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Gary seems to be sold on Ron Paul's plan.

Maybe. Maybe not. There's a good chance he's just getting better at pandering. His spies here probably updated him on what he needs to say.

It's a bit late in the game for him to suddenly have this epiphany. He'll have to demonstrate applied knowledge, rather than mouth a few sound bytes, for me to buy it.

If you can't tell, I don't trust him.

Jumbo Shrimp
10-16-2012, 05:58 PM

How could you, he's a politician.

TheTexan
10-16-2012, 06:04 PM
How could you, he's a politician.

That, and he believes the failure of Bretton Woods proves a gold standard wouldn't work, so he's obviously monetarily challenged

torchbearer
10-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Maybe. Maybe not. There's a good chance he's just getting better at pandering. His spies here probably updated him on what he needs to say.

It's a bit late in the game for him to suddenly have this epiphany. He'll have to demonstrate applied knowledge, rather than mouth a few sound bytes, for me to buy it.

he doesn't have to believe a word of it- he just needs to keep saying it.
he will not be allowed to become president. so that point is moot.
rather look at other angles- like keeping the message in the news.. in a debate (if enough people claimed johnson on polls)
how about breaking a two party duopoly(monopoly?)? getting the LP candidate to 5% gets a third party closer to competing. which is good, regardless of if you like the party or not. we need more competition for pres.

Jumbo Shrimp
10-16-2012, 06:08 PM
he will not be allowed to become president. so that point is mute.
rather look at other angles- like keeping the message in the news.. in a debate (if enough people claimed johnson on polls)
how about breaking a two party duopoly(monopoly?)? getting the LP candidate to 5% gets a third party closer to competing. which is good, regardless of if you like the party or not. we need more competition for pres.

MOOT! The point is moot, not mute!!

torchbearer
10-16-2012, 06:10 PM
MOOT! The point is moot, not mute!!

it is mute in the same way an exclamation would be a forte.

TheTexan
10-16-2012, 06:11 PM
he will not be allowed to become president. so that point is mute.

I don't think it'll do us any favors to have a messenger who doesn't believe in the message.

As for breaking the single party monopoly... sure, vote for him if you like. But these problems we face aren't going to be solved by playing voting strategy games. So it doesn't matter who you vote for, really.

torchbearer
10-16-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't think it'll do us any favors to have a messenger who doesn't believe in the message.

As for breaking the single party monopoly... sure, vote for him if you like. But these problems we face aren't going to be solved by playing voting strategy games. So it doesn't matter who you vote for, really.

it doesn't matter because we will be fucked no matter what we do, and it doesn't matter because no matter how much we try- the people who control our government now will still have the media cloak and all the guns. you can't win. go home.

TheTexan
10-16-2012, 06:19 PM
it doesn't matter because we will be fucked no matter what we do, and it doesn't matter because no matter how much we try- the people who control our government now will still have the media cloak and all the guns. you can't win. go home.

We can win. But not by playing their game. Voting is just a system of control. By design, we can't win that game. We have to play a different game.

Jumbo Shrimp
10-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Updated with Tube.

Can a mod change the title to include [Video], please?