PDA

View Full Version : Prostitute 'murdered with belt during sex'

VoluntaryAmerican
10-16-2012, 04:27 PM
How many prostitutes have to die before we legalize it?

A drug addict strangled a woman with a belt during a sex session and then claimed she had done it herself, a court heard.

Marcus Coates left Jennie Banner’s body under a duvet in her bedroom with the belt tightly fastened around her neck, wearing only a T-shirt, it was alleged.

Coates did not report the matter until five days after her death and her body was then found at her Chatham flat.

"The Crown say this is a case of murder," said Christopher May, prosecuting. "The defendant, however, claims this happened by accident.

"It was not he who tightened the belt, though he was there and present. It is the Crown’s case this was not an accident but an unlawful and deliberate killing."

Miss Banner, who was 32, had worked as a prostitute, but was not interested in bondage or "auto-erotic asphyxiation", Mr May told Maidstone Crown Court.

Coates, 43, went to her home in a block of flats at Five Ways Court on August 14 last year.

Read rest of article:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/news/2012/january/24/jennie_banner.aspx

amy31416
10-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Ban belts?

Jumbo Shrimp
10-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Ban belts?

Ban sex.

BamaAla
10-16-2012, 06:02 PM
The article is about a murdered prostitute in the UK...where prostitution is legal...

James Madison
10-16-2012, 06:03 PM
You guys have got it all wrong.

Ban penises.

:toady:

dannno
10-16-2012, 06:04 PM
The article is about a murdered prostitute in the UK...where prostitution is legal...

Not exactly.

In the United Kingdom, prostitution itself (the exchange of sexual services for money) is not a crime,[2] but a number of related activities, including soliciting in a public place, kerb crawling, owning or managing a brothel, pimping and pandering, are crimes.

So basically it is illegal to provide a private protected space for prostitutes.

pcosmar
10-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Had to look twice to make sure this wasn't a Fire11 thread.

Working Poor
10-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Prostitutes are a very vulnerable population of people. Especially the ones who work on the street. Crimes against them go largely unreported. They are robbed, raped and beaten by their clients and their pimps. Because of what they do they are afraid to make reports.

Many serial killers like to target prostitutes and feel they are public servants by doing so.

I wish they could be regulated I know that is the only way they will ever be protected from people thinking they are not humans.

BamaAla
10-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Not exactly.

So basically it is illegal to provide a private protected space for prostitutes.

Keep reading; that's not what the law says. Any woman can sell sex and have a 35 bodyguards sitting in the next room but not multiple women selling sex from the same location (a brothel.)

dannno
10-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Keep reading; that's not what the law says. Any woman can sell sex and have a 35 bodyguards sitting in the next room but not multiple women selling sex from the same location (a brothel.)

That sounds rather unaffordable. If you had a brothel you could have 2 or 3 security guards and 5-20 women.

LibForestPaul
10-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Prostitutes are a very vulnerable population of people. Especially the ones who work on the street. Crimes against them go largely unreported. They are robbed, raped and beaten by their clients and their pimps. Because of what they do they are afraid to make reports.

Many serial killers like to target prostitutes and feel they are public servants by doing so.

I wish they could be regulated I know that is the only way they will ever be protected from people thinking they are not humans.

I remember when some teens lured a pizza guy (illegal) and beat him. Many professions where one is alone with many are dangerous...after hours clerk, late nite taxi, after hours delivery.

Jumbo Shrimp
10-16-2012, 06:31 PM
I remember when some teens lured a pizza guy (illegal) and beat him. Many professions where one is alone with many are dangerous...after hours clerk, late nite taxi, after hours delivery.

Where is pizza delivery illegal?!

VoluntaryAmerican
10-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Had to look twice to make sure this wasn't a Fire11 thread.

Ouch. That one stung.

And yeah I had no idea this was in the UK. Fail thread is fail.

Zippyjuan
10-16-2012, 07:41 PM

When I lived in London they could be seen along the street just a few blocks from where I lived. Was told they were mostly "housewife" prostitutes and didn't really have pimps. (near Portabello Road). Soho was the "sex district" with the clubs which I understand you had to be a member of (or buy membership) before they would let you in.

There are also some people who get into a sexual practice where they use oxygen deprivation to try to heighten the pleasure of the orgasm- this can be by trying a rope or belt around the neck or having your lover choke you. Michael Hutchence of the 80's band INXS is widely believed to have died that way.

The description in the OP makes me wonder if that is what was going on. The guy panics and leaves without reporting it.

Working Poor
10-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Michael Hutchence of the 80's band INXS is widely believed to have died that way.

And David Caradean

Smart3
10-16-2012, 08:18 PM
This is a remarkably similar story to the last Law and Order SVU episode.

squarepusher
10-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Ban belts?

fucking belts

presence
10-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Ban belts?

Not enough profit in that. Make auto-erotic asphyxiation a psychiatric disorder and off label paxil to fix it.

Jumbo Shrimp
10-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Not enough profit in that. Make auto-erotic asphyxiation a psychiatric disorder and off label paxil to fix it.

Why not just arrest anyone who wears a belt.

James Madison
10-16-2012, 08:35 PM
Why not just arrest anyone who wears a belt.

No money in that.

Jumbo Shrimp
10-16-2012, 08:38 PM
No money in that.

Cops, Judges, Lawyers, Prisons, "Rehab" with prescription drugs...