PDA

View Full Version : Converting my closest family members - 2/24

Paulite5112007
11-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Some background - I dont think anyone in my immediate family has ever voted even once...in any election. So I am working on apathetic, 'our vote doesnt count' attitudes. So far I have commited 2 (my brother and his wife) to register republican and vote for Ron Paul. They even agreed to donate on the 16th! In the end, with them all it took was telling them that we needed Ron Paul...showed them a few YouTube vids and links to his views - scored.

Next, I am going to work on my grandparents...(this may be just as easy or near impossible). Both of them are in their 70s and live off SS and generally despise politicians. I dont feel getting them to believe Ron Paul is worth it will be difficult - I think getting them into the voting booth will be the biggest obstacle. Perhaps I can physically drive them there if that is an issue... Any other thoughts or tips?

My wife is working on her friends and the viral network of female gossip.

Her son (age 20 and in the national guard) is working on his friends as well.

Eric21ND
11-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Make sure you get everyone that says/promises they'll vote on a list of some sort. Then pass their phone numbers and addresses physical and email to the campaign or meet up groups. This is important because people often forget and we need to mail out reminders a week in advance and do phone calls the day before. We have to make sur eour supporters make it to the polls no matter what.