PDA

View Full Version : Jon Stewart Ignorantly Praises Martha Raddatz

Brian4Liberty
10-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Perhaps someone needs to help John Stewart out with the definition and role of a debate moderator (http://www.ehow.com/list_6304121_moderator-duties-debate.html). It appears that he would enjoy a hard-hitting investigative interview, or perhaps an interrogation by a prosecutor, but neither of those are the role of an impartial moderator. Sorry John, you fail on this one.

----

Jon Stewart Praises Martha Raddatz For Vice-Presidential Debate Moderating (VIDEO)

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-october-15-2012/democalypse-2012---v-p--debate--battle-for-the-historical-footnote---martha-raddatz

Jon Stewart hailed Martha Raddatz an angel sent from heaven on Monday night.

Raddatz drew accolades for moderating the debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan on Thursday. After replaying clips of her tough questioning, Stewart exclaimed, "I don't know what it was, but the lost language of journalism being spoken on modern journalism!"

"Watching her moderate that debate with, oh my God, editorial authority!" he continued, "Especially after the previous debate where Jim Lehrer felt his job was simply to establish there were two people on stage."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/16/jon-stewart-martha-raddatz_n_1969857.html?utm_hp_ref=media

maskander
10-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the clip I thoroughly enjoyed his viewpoint. his opinions are spot on.

kylejack
10-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Raddatz was great with the exception of the last two questions.

Brian4Liberty
10-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the clip I thoroughly enjoyed his viewpoint. his opinions are spot on.

He is entertaining. But from a political standpoint, not always spot on. And no doubt you worship Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews and Ed Schultz too, which would make one wonder why you are on a Ron Paul Forum.

maskander
10-16-2012, 02:14 PM
He is entertaining. But from a political standpoint, not always spot on. And no doubt you worship Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews and Ed Schultz too, which would make one wonder why you are on a Ron Paul Forum.I've never liked Ed, or Matthews but I do love Rachel Maddow. She makes my brain melt.

Brian4Liberty
10-16-2012, 02:29 PM
I've never liked Ed, or Matthews but I do love Rachel Maddow. She makes my brain melt.

Maybe they will put Rachel Maddow on the next debate for you. But if she wants to engage in the actual debating, she has to be running for office and standing at a podium like the other participants.

talkingpointes
10-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Hell I like Maddow as well sometimes. But the times when I generally like her I get the feeling she is just being nice because she still gets to attack her favorite enemy Retardicans.

QuickZ06
10-16-2012, 02:48 PM

He does the same thing, his comedy just let him trick you. He swings WAYYYY left.

QuickZ06
10-16-2012, 02:50 PM
They want you to like them, if you hated the host guts you would never listen, the elite know this. They have pretty much every demographic covered besides types like us as far as MSM goes.

Brian4Liberty
10-17-2012, 11:37 AM
They want you to like them, if you hated the host guts you would never listen, the elite know this. They have pretty much every demographic covered besides types like us as far as MSM goes.

Their true colors come out when election time gets near. For instance, the Maddow ambush of Rand. John Stewart had a show last week that basically pounded about 5 lesser known Tea Party type Republicans.

Their veneer of being unbiased most of the time does keep them watchable. Well, Stewart at least. Maddow is too smarmy and partisan to be actually enjoyed by anyone but like minded individuals. She's the Mark Levin of the Left.

kylejack
10-17-2012, 01:01 PM
I would say Lawrence O'Donnell is the Mark Levin of the Left.

Brian4Liberty
10-17-2012, 01:46 PM
I would say Lawrence O'Donnell is the Mark Levin of the Left.

Yeah, that's a more direct comparison. Or Ed Schultz. I was thinking she is the mirror image of Levin. The far right extremist is ranting and aggressive, whereas the far left is smarmy, condescending and seemingly gentle.

supermario21
10-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Here's my problem with the notion of praising the leftist MSNBC crowd/Stewart: they may disagree with our least favorite Republicans (and we like that), but they hate us even more and think we're more nutty than them. Caught a video of Ron last night on youtube just being taken to task by some hack from MSNBC over his opposition to entitlements. It's overly simplistic to like the MSNBC crowd just because they hate mainstream Republicans. Just remember, we're even more radical than they are to them. I just get surprised with the hate Fox News gets on here. More often than not, I see guys like Cavuto, Judge Nap, Dennis Miller, and Stossel all heaping our praises, to the point they're starting to win over the Hannity's of the world.