fearthereaperx
10-16-2012, 08:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rYJliLE6u0

fearthereaperx
10-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Rand Paul would never have done this..

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Aren't those kids a little young to be working? (in his opinion?)

Also, he didn't sanitize them.

Also, this is stupid.

acptulsa
10-16-2012, 09:05 AM
We already knew Ryan was just going through the motions. Nice to have the illustration, though.

cajuncocoa
10-16-2012, 09:26 AM
You didn't really think he would get his hands dirty, did you?

LibertyEagle
10-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Isn't it Ryan who never has worked a day outside of government?

PaulConventionWV
10-16-2012, 10:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rYJliLE6u0

Doing what politicians do best: being unproductive and wasting everyone's time for show.

PaulConventionWV
10-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Aren't those kids a little young to be working? (in his opinion?)

Also, he didn't sanitize them.

Also, this is stupid.

The sanitizing water was probably in one of the sinks where the kids were standing.

And yes, it is quite stupid.

PursuePeace
10-16-2012, 10:09 AM
wow.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/10/15/charity-president-unhappy-about-paul-ryan-soup-kitchen-photo-op/

The head of a northeast Ohio charity says that the Romney campaign last week “ramrodded their way” into the group’s Youngstown soup kitchen so that GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan could get his picture taken washing dishes in the dining hall.

Brian J. Antal, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society, said that he was not contacted by the Romney campaign ahead of the Saturday morning visit by Ryan, who stopped by the soup kitchen after a town hall at Youngstown State University.

“We’re a faith-based organization; we are apolitical because the majority of our funding is from private donations,” Antal said in a phone interview Monday afternoon. “It’s strictly in our bylaws not to do it. They showed up there, and they did not have permission. They got one of the volunteers to open up the doors.”

He added: “The photo-op they did wasn’t even accurate. He did nothing. He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall.”

Ryan had stopped by the soup kitchen for about 15 minutes on his way to the airport after his Saturday morning town hall in Youngstown. By the time he arrived, the food had already been served, the patrons had left, and the hall had been cleaned.

acptulsa
10-16-2012, 10:31 AM
wow.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/10/15/charity-president-unhappy-about-paul-ryan-soup-kitchen-photo-op/

Technically, this would not be a violation of the Third Amendment, for a couple of reasons:

No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

But if this isn't a violation of the spirit of the Third Amendment, I can't read plain English.

King George lives.

tangent4ronpaul
10-16-2012, 01:40 PM
http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/youthlabor/agerequirements.htm

The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) sets wage, hours worked, and safety requirements for minors (individuals under age 18) working in jobs covered by the statute. The rules vary depending upon the particular age of the minor and the particular job involved. As a general rule, the FLSA sets 14 years of age as the minimum age for employment, and limits the number of hours worked by minors under the age of 16.

(Which of course is why prostitution, theft and drug dealing are the primary occupations of runaways) :rolleyes:

-t

maskander
10-16-2012, 01:48 PM
http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/youthlabor/agerequirements.htm

The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) sets wage, hours worked, and safety requirements for minors (individuals under age 18) working in jobs covered by the statute. The rules vary depending upon the particular age of the minor and the particular job involved. As a general rule, the FLSA sets 14 years of age as the minimum age for employment, and limits the number of hours worked by minors under the age of 16.

(Which of course is why prostitution, theft and drug dealing are the primary occupations of runaways) :rolleyes:

-t

If you want to play that game, how about the terrible parents that raised a kid that despises them so much they want to run away. Lots of them are LGBT with conservative parents who disown their kids, so stop acting like the kid has a choice. A lot of the time there is no other choice. You are showing just how ignorant you are about social issues.

Matthew5
10-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Does anyone actually fall for this (i.e. cheesy photo ops)?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-16-2012, 02:50 PM

Some people are really dumb. Some people need leaders, or they'd starve to death. I'll admit that's pretty pessimistic, but I suppose it is true, or we wouldn't have the giant batch of history suggesting it.

I guess one of my bigger problems is that I view these people to be worthy of better leadership, worthy of respect, and worthy of fair and humane treatment. The leaders they choose to follow feel differently. I wish they'd pick better leaders since their poor choice of leadership affects me. If I could opt out, I would at this point.

alucard13mmfmj
10-16-2012, 02:56 PM
This hurts the kitchen.

Democrats that donate to the kitchen may not donate anymore because it seems that they allowed a Republican (sworn enemies!) do a photo-op in the kitchen.

Republicans may not donate anymore because the kitchen is putting heat on their boy, Ryan, by saying that it wasn't allowed and were forced.

They lose money.

QuickZ06
10-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Wow, even when Ryan starts talking about the supposed "sauce he is cleaning out of the pan" (at least thats what I think he mumbles) his wife even laughs at how obviously fake this all is and how this is such a photo op as there is nothing to clean as the pans were clean to begin with.

AGRP
10-16-2012, 03:01 PM
I hope he plans to compensate the kitchen for the soap, sanitizer, and water he used on dishes that didn't need to be cleaned.

coastie
10-16-2012, 03:21 PM
:eek:

The way these slimeballs pull shit like this off-without being embarrassed while doing it has always dumbfounded me.:confused:

nobody's_hero
10-16-2012, 03:31 PM

Well, they fell for Paul Ryan being the Tea Party wing's voice in a potential Romney administration.

But yeah, this is very cheesy, and thus, Joe Average the sound-bite voter will love it.

alucard13mmfmj
10-18-2012, 03:09 PM
This hurts the kitchen.

Democrats that donate to the kitchen may not donate anymore because it seems that they allowed a Republican (sworn enemies!) do a photo-op in the kitchen.

Republicans may not donate anymore because the kitchen is putting heat on their boy, Ryan, by saying that it wasn't allowed and were forced.

They lose money.

It appears I am right lol.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/soup-kitchen-ryan-photo-op-losing-donors-203033279--election.html

When Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan rinsed a few dishes in the back of a soup kitchen in Youngstown, Ohio, he couldn't have known the photo op would still be a story almost a week later. It is, but not for anything positive.

According to The Huffington Post, the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society is losing donors as a result of the photo. "It appears to be a substantial amount," charity president Brian Antal told the Post. "You can rest assured there has been a substantial backlash." Antal declined to mention specific numbers, citing privacy concerns.

For those who haven't been following, er, soup kitchen-gate, here's what happened. Rep. Ryan stopped by on Saturday morning and offered to wash a few dishes. However, according to Antal, the Ryan camp wasn't exactly invited.

"We are apolitical because the majority of our funding is from private donations," Antal told The Washington Post. "It's strictly in our bylaws not to do it. They showed up there, and they did not have permission. They got one of the volunteers to open up the doors." Antal also said that "If this was the Democrats, I'd have the same exact problem."

A spokesperson for Ryan told the Washington Post that a staff member reached out to the charity before stopping by and was told that "it would be fine for the congressman to stop by."

nobody's_hero
10-18-2012, 03:38 PM
It appears I am right lol.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/soup-kitchen-ryan-photo-op-losing-donors-203033279--election.html

Wow, that's unfortunate. I wish people could see that Paul Ryan was just being a pompous asshole politician and didn't actually have any political connection with the soup kitchen, other than the fact it was just somewhere that he could step on a few little people on his way to greatness (or the land of forgotten vice presidential candidates).

bolil
10-18-2012, 03:41 PM
He applied the detergent directly to his scrubber... poor form. I wash dishes every night so I know. ALSO pre-rinsing is for dich-pansies.

DeMintConservative
10-18-2012, 03:55 PM
This was already debunked:

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/16/14485409-ryan-did-wash-dirty-dishes-during-soup-kitchen-visit?ocid=twitter

Ryan did wash dirty dishes during soup kitchen visit
By NBC's Alex Moe and Betsy Cline

LYNCHBURG, VA -- Amid questions and criticisms related to Paul Ryan’s visit this weekend to an Ohio soup kitchen, the charity’s president said the Republican vice presidential candidate did, in fact, scrub dirty dishes though his visit wasn’t officially sanctioned.

The question of whether the Wisconsin congressman cleaned dishes that were actually dirty – as opposed to re-washing already clean dishes so as to get a good photo opportunity -- Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society President Brian Antal clarified that Ryan did clean soiled dishes. This differs from what Antal had told The Washington Post Monday.

Speaking Tuesday morning with NBC News, Antal said he was not on-site when Ryan was at the soup kitchen and attributes his earlier comments that the dishes were clean when Ryan washed them to hearing the details second-hand from a volunteer.

Following a town hall meeting in Youngstown, OH on Saturday, Ryan -- joined by his wife and three kids -- made a quick stop at the St. Vincent De Paul Society shortly after the homeless people had breakfast. There were only volunteers left inside the building by the time Ryan arrived, as his public event ran longer than expected.

After arriving at the soup kitchen -- where Secret Service agents and staff had gathered before the motorcade arrived -- the Ryan family put on white aprons and proceeded to wash dishes for several minutes as cameras and still photographers snapped photos nearby.

In response to questions about Antal’s comments to the Washington Post that Ryan “did nothing” while at the soup kitchen, Antal said his words were mischaracterized. He told NBC News in that Ryan did very little work only compared to the larger context of Saturday morning, when the kitchen fed 180 homeless people breakfast. Antal conceded that Ryan did wash several dirty dishes.

The head of the charity said a campaign aide who had sought permission for the visit prior to Ryan's visit was granted access by a volunteer, rather than any person of authority at the soup kitchen. The volunteer, Antal said, had no authority to allow or deny the Republican vice presidential candidate's stop.

Ryan has made several quick stops that are unannounced to the general public in the past while campaigning across the country. In response to questions about the stop in the battleground state of Ohio that has raised questions in the media, campaign spokesman Michael Steel said: “It was a great opportunity to highlight the importance of volunteerism and local charities.”

Antal says he is speaking to the media because the organization is non-political and is concerned that being connected to the campaign could negatively impact their support.

The confusion, though, hasn't stopped Democrats from trying to turn Ryan's stop into a political issue.

The Washington Post posted an updated article online Tuesday morning noting: “The head of an Ohio charity who criticized Mitt Romney’s campaign for staging a 'photo-op' at one of the group’s soup kitchens has consistently voted in Democratic primaries.”

acptulsa
10-18-2012, 04:04 PM
He didn't have official permission and the visit might be detrimental to the charity kitchen's operations. But the dishes weren't already clean.

Oh, well. They debunked the important part. :rolleyes:

HOLLYWOOD
10-18-2012, 04:09 PM
I want to see these Pandering POS politicians grow a pair and be a Bartender till closing time... let'd see how well they fair then.

6 Giante PRAVDA media channels have been spewing this BS photo op trash... ugh

nobody's_hero
10-18-2012, 04:11 PM
He didn't have official permission and the visit might be detrimental to the charity kitchen's operations. But the dishes weren't already clean.

Oh, well. They debunked the important part. :rolleyes:

lol, yeah, let's change the thread title to "Paul Ryan ruins charity soup kitchen's reputation"

devil21
10-18-2012, 04:22 PM
I want to see these Pandering POS politicians grow a pair and be a Bartender till closing time... let'd see how well they fair then.

6 Giante PRAVDA media channels have been spewing this BS photo op trash... ugh

Par for the course for multiple story lines to be released to keep everyone confused about what really happened. Whether it's dishes in a homeless shelter to why a diplomat was killed at a US embassy is irrelevant. The same tactics are used to keep people confused and in the dark.

HOLLYWOOD
10-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Par for the course for multiple story lines to be released to keep everyone confused about what really happened. Whether it's dishes in a homeless shelter to why a diplomat was killed at a US embassy is irrelevant. The same tactics are used to keep people confused and in the dark.Reminds me...

http://theconservativepost.com/WordPress/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/pravda.jpg

Matthew5
10-19-2012, 07:41 AM
lol, yeah, let's change the threat title to "Paul Ryan ruins charity soup kitchen's reputation"

I'll second that!

Origanalist
10-19-2012, 09:24 AM
You people are all missing the point. It doesn't matter if there was food on those dishes or not. They were handled by the unclean mundanes, of course they needed to be washed again.