PDA

View Full Version : General Ron Paul National Delegate Endorses Mitt Romney | Linda Bean, from Maine

FrankRep
10-16-2012, 06:37 AM
Prominent Ron Paul National Delegate Endorses Mitt Romney (http://undercoverporcupine.bangordailynews.com/2012/10/16/politics/prominent-ron-paul-national-delegate-endorses-mitt-romney/)

Chris Dixon,
State Coordinator of the Maine Tenth Amendment Center
Oct. 16, 2012

In a stunning turn of events recently, established Maine businesswoman and Ron Paul-supporting National Delegate to the Republican National Convention Linda Bean endorsed Mitt Romney for President. Her endorsement is significant because of her position in the liberty movement and the Republican Party. For decades, she has has been a hardworking Republican, fundraising to help advance the party, as well as even running twice for the U.S. House of Representatives. As far as the Ron Paul movement goes, she was a National Delegate elected as part of the slate of candidates presented by the Ron Paul presidential campaign state leadership. When the campaign passed, the leadership transitioned into the Defense of Liberty PAC, which added Bean to their Board of Advisors roster and received more than $11,000 in donations from her since June 8.

Linda Bean introduces Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ1Tp2oSewQ)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ1Tp2oSewQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ1Tp2oSewQ

sailingaway
10-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Well, she fought for Ron and the delegates, brilliantly, all the way through the RNC, using her personal high profile to raise the delegate issues there to media etc., and I appreciate that.

Dick Chaney
10-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Messy things elections...

Jay C
10-16-2012, 09:21 AM
What a shame. Romney would be a disaster both for our country and for the GOP. Romney will get us in a war in the Middle East and will balloon our deficit as a result. What do you think of this explanation by Clinton?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB7I0vpwT7M&feature=colike

cajuncocoa
10-16-2012, 09:24 AM
This takeover of the GOP is working wonderfully. /sarcasm

KMX
10-16-2012, 09:50 AM
barf,,,,,

Sola_Fide
10-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Thinking about her future in politics maybe?

ninepointfive
10-16-2012, 11:00 AM
At this point, people may choose whoever they want.

They can be ideological, or practical. Does it really matter?

sailingaway
10-16-2012, 11:04 AM
At this point, people may choose whoever they want.

They can be ideological, or practical. Does it really matter?

It's her vote, and she stood up for Ron when it mattered most. Her interviews were delightful. They even asked why someone (unspoken 'of your stature') wasn't supporting Romney and she said 'I have always supported Ron Paul.'

cajuncocoa
10-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Well, I'm just going to put this out there one more time....this is, and always has been, my problem with the notion that liberty activists must work within the GOP. When one is involved with the party (as in being a candidate or a delegate) you really DON'T have the luxury of doing what you want; you have to do what the party encourages you to do if you expect to be there in the future. That sometimes means endorsing someone who is not in line with your principles.

Count me out.

ninepointfive
10-16-2012, 11:40 AM
It's her vote, and she stood up for Ron when it mattered most. Her interviews were delightful. They even asked why someone (unspoken 'of your stature') wasn't supporting Romney and she said 'I have always supported Ron Paul.'

Definitely agree. I'm not happy with those endorsements, however its only going to be non-productive should we nitpick about endorsements at this point.

Well, I'm just going to put this out there one more time....this is, and always has been, my problem with the notion that liberty activists must work within the GOP. When one is involved with the party (as in being a candidate or a delegate) you really DON'T have the luxury of doing what you want; you have to do what the party encourages you to do if you expect to be there in the future. That sometimes means endorsing someone who is not in line with your principles.

Count me out.

Which I think is perfectly fine and actually a great route.
When forum members like collins and LE call people defeatist for this opinion, it only splits the bond and doesn't reinforce a bond. Each and every one of us needs to do what they think is best, and keep pushing the ball forward.

erowe1
10-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Good for her. She loses nothing by doing this and neither do we. But she maintains influence that will hopefully continue to pay the kinds of dividends it already has.

Some of you people remind me of the people on that one Seinfeld episode who chased Kramer down for not wearing a red AIDS ribbon.

LibertyEagle
10-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Definitely agree. I'm not happy with those endorsements, however its only going to be non-productive should we nitpick about endorsements at this point.
Good idea.

Which I think is perfectly fine and actually a great route.
When forum members like collins and LE call people defeatist for this opinion, it only splits the bond and doesn't reinforce a bond. Each and every one of us needs to do what they think is best, and keep pushing the ball forward.
Hold on there, buster. I have encouraged people to choose the path that they think best to further liberty. What I have discouraged is slamming the efforts of others and their own chosen paths.

devil21
10-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Doesnt bother me. If Rand had waited till now to endorse Romney I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

ninepointfive
10-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Hold on there, buster. I have encouraged people to choose the path that they think best to further liberty. What I have discouraged is slamming the efforts of others and their own chosen paths.

okay that's good then.

maskander
10-16-2012, 01:58 PM
This takeover of the GOP is working wonderfully. /sarcasmExactly, they are bowing down to the republicant's. This whole process has been evident of where their values really stand. They obviously want to keep the status quo and wait another 4 years. Guess what, we don't have another 4 years. So if you guys want to see the day of nuclear wars, vote mitt romney in. I'd gladly get vaporized off this earth. So if everyone says Mitt Romney is just like obama, if you are going to vote for Romney you might as well consider voting for Obama as well. Don't vote out the first black president, it will be a stain in history, caused by the conservatives who will be seen as racists in the history books. Obama has never changed his message. he is the most trustworthy out of both of them. His mantra has always been that everyone should get a fair shot. He's been juggling so many things to try to hit deadlines, but now he's fighting an election as well. If you guys truly want Rand in 2016 just vote in Obama, it will be a smooth transition, you will not push off an incumbent republican president, it just isn't going to happen. Voting for Obama is the best and only option for this country.

LibertyEagle
10-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Exactly, they are bowing down to the republicant's. This whole process has been evident of where their values really stand. They obviously want to keep the status quo and wait another 4 years. Guess what, we don't have another 4 years. So if you guys want to see the day of nuclear wars, vote mitt romney in. I'd gladly get vaporized off this earth. So if everyone says Mitt Romney is just like obama, if you are going to vote for Romney you might as well consider voting for Obama as well. Don't vote out the first black president, it will be a stain in history, caused by the conservatives who will be seen as racists in the history books. Obama has never changed his message. he is the most trustworthy out of both of them. His mantra has always been that everyone should get a fair shot. He's been juggling so many things to try to hit deadlines, but now he's fighting an election as well. If you guys truly want Rand in 2016 just vote in Obama, it will be a smooth transition, you will not push off an incumbent republican president, it just isn't going to happen. Voting for Obama is the best and only option for this country.

Thing is, that we ARE going to get either Obama or Romney. It doesn't really matter whether we don't like it, or whether none of us vote for either one of them. One of them is going to be President.

Linda Bean has more than proven herself as a patriot. She worked hard for Ron Paul, but he is no longer in the race. Just because she apparently believes one of the posers is a tiny bit better than the other one, does not make her any less of a patriot than she was before.

Cowlesy
10-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Doesn't bother me at all. Can we get her to run for Senate? Bet she'd be with Rand on Foreign Policy.

alucard13mmfmj
10-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Doesnt bother me. If Rand had waited till now to endorse Romney I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

yeah, but Rand is pursuing a "higher" office in the future.

anaconda
10-16-2012, 05:26 PM

anaconda
10-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Just because she apparently believes one of the posers is a tiny bit better than the other one, does not make her any less of a patriot than she was before.

It means that there is no consequences to the GOP for their complete reluctance to embrace the slightest iota of liberty concepts into their platform. In the end, apparently even the "patriots" will vote for the media candidate. Or maybe this is just sour grapes on my part. The truth is, we don't have the numbers yet to make much of a difference. And Ms. Bean has certainly worked to change that. She is taking the "Rand" approach rather than the "Ron" approach. It's a matter of strategy. Refusing to vote for Mittens in 2012 could be a powerful and immediate force for change, while we're spending years building our numbers.

Keith and stuff
10-16-2012, 05:37 PM
yeah, but Rand is pursuing a "higher" office in the future.
She has tried that and failed. She may try again.

sailingaway
10-16-2012, 07:33 PM
It means that there is no consequences to the GOP for their complete reluctance to embrace the slightest iota of liberty concepts into their platform. In the end, apparently even the "patriots" will vote for the media candidate. Or maybe this is just sour grapes on my part. The truth is, we don't have the numbers yet to make much of a difference. And Ms. Bean has certainly worked to change that. She is taking the "Rand" approach rather than the "Ron" approach. It's a matter of strategy. Refusing to vote for Mittens in 2012 could be a powerful and immediate force for change, while we're spending years building our numbers.

She was at the RNC as a Ron Paul delegates and FORCED media to pay attention to what happened to the Maine delegates. After the primary, came a different election. I also think there need to be consequences but I think to the extent we are using the GOP we do have to expect our people AFTER primary to at least support the nominee, and make them support our guys when they are nominee, as well. Those not in office can make sure there are consequences.

DeMintConservative
10-17-2012, 12:12 PM
It means that there is no consequences to the GOP for their complete reluctance to embrace the slightest iota of liberty concepts into their platform. .

If this is true, why do I look at the forum's frontpage and every single "liberty candidate" is a Republican? If this is true, does it mean Rand Paul's speech would be as applauded in the DNC as it was in the RNC? If this is true, would Ron Paul's video tribute be received just as well in the DNC?

Keith and stuff
10-17-2012, 12:16 PM
If this is true, why do I look at the forum's frontpage and every single "liberty candidate" is a Republican? If this is true, does it mean Rand Paul's speech would be as applauded in the DNC as it was in the RNC? If this is true, would Ron Paul's video tribute be received just as well in the DNC?

In NH, a bunch of the 168 liberty candidates aren't Republican. Check the list here http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?385401-Huge-list-of-New-Hampshire-2012-pro-liberty-candidates-and-recommendations Also, there are a couple additional liberty candidates in New Hampshire who aren't Republican. However, 2 of them didn't wanted to be include on the list.

DeMintConservative
10-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Let me know when one of those guys has any chance of winning a competitive statewide or congressional Democrat primary even in NH. Actually I only see one democrat in there vs. dozens and dozens of Republicans. I'd expect things to be a bit more balanced if it was true that "the 2 parties are exactly the same".

sailingaway
10-17-2012, 12:36 PM
Let me know when one of those guys has any chance of winning a competitive statewide or congressional Democrat primary even in NH. Actually I only see one democrat in there vs. dozens and dozens of Republicans. I'd expect things to be a bit more balanced if it was true that "the 2 parties are exactly the same".

that is an interesting point. I think people who completely agree with us tend to be more likely to consider themselves GOP because they are conservative, but there are Jacksonian Democrats and people who, while disagreeing with us on size of government, have reasons that are their particular hot buttons which agree with us, so they become a part of us.

the party being the same isn't aimed at OUR candidates (although the last guy who ran against Lindsay Graham as a 'Democrat' was ours), it is aimed at how the leadership of the party directs the parties to act, since the major funding of both parties comes from the same special interests, by and large.

tsai3904
10-19-2012, 04:01 PM
Linda Bean contributed $100,000 to Liberty for All Super PAC in September.

http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/dcdev/forms/C00514653/821356/sa/11AI

GeorgiaAvenger
10-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Good. Ron Paul politicians or budding politicians in the Republican party should do that in order to expand their influence.

CaptLouAlbano
10-19-2012, 06:46 PM
...it is aimed at how the leadership of the party directs the parties to act, since the major funding of both parties comes from the same special interests, by and large.

At the national level yes, but not necessarily at the state and county level of leadership. And if someone doesn't like the leadership at the county level there is very simple remedy for that - run for county committee.

Not for nothing, but for every post on this site bashing the GOP, I find few from people who are actually doing something about it and running for leadership positions themselves. And yes, I put my money where my mouth is. I have served as a committeeman for many years in the past, and am running for the seat again so that I can better assist Tom Davis with his future political aspirations (I am in his home county). If this man in his 70's can do it, so can a lot of you here.

Bastiat's The Law
10-19-2012, 07:20 PM
At the national level yes, but not necessarily at the state and county level of leadership. And if someone doesn't like the leadership at the county level there is very simple remedy for that - run for county committee.

Not for nothing, but for every post on this site bashing the GOP, I find few from people who are actually doing something about it and running for leadership positions themselves. And yes, I put my money where my mouth is. I have served as a committeeman for many years in the past, and am running for the seat again so that I can better assist Tom Davis with his future political aspirations (I am in his home county). If this man in his 70's can do it, so can a lot of you here.
+Rep

Bastiat's The Law
10-19-2012, 07:20 PM

+Rep

DeMintConservative
10-20-2012, 10:40 AM
that is an interesting point. I think people who completely agree with us tend to be more likely to consider themselves GOP because they are conservative, but there are Jacksonian Democrats and people who, while disagreeing with us on size of government, have reasons that are their particular hot buttons which agree with us, so they become a part of us.

the party being the same isn't aimed at OUR candidates (although the last guy who ran against Lindsay Graham as a 'Democrat' was ours), it is aimed at how the leadership of the party directs the parties to act, since the major funding of both parties comes from the same special interests, by and large.

That still doesn't explain how all those liberty candidates are Republican (not to mention Rand Paul's speech, the video, etc) if, and I quote the post I was replying to, "[the GOP shows a] complete reluctance to embrace the slightest iota of liberty concepts into their platform"

There are some sizeable differences between the two party platforms with the GOP's being infinitely more freedom friendly. Some people refuse to see any differences unless one of the sides agrees totally with them or close to it while others have some personal and emotional hate for the GOP or both major parties. Those are respectable positions - but they don't change the reality.

DeMintConservative
10-20-2012, 10:44 AM

Linda Bean has been an active Republican since the 1980s. She's endorse every Republican candidate for President. People being upset about this is bizarre and a demonstration of what is wrong with the "liberty movement" (or many within it).

Jeremy
10-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Virtually every prominent figure who campaigned hard for Ron Paul has endorsed the party nominee. Nothing to get worked up about.

Aratus
10-20-2012, 01:00 PM
LETS RUN LINDA BEAN FOR A PUBLIC OFFICE IN EITHER 2014 or 2016 or 2018!!!
PEOPLE, SHE HAS MOXIE! I THINK SHE WILL BE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR US!!!

thoughtomator
10-20-2012, 01:07 PM
it's disturbing that someone on hand to witness in real time the Romney camp fraud against RP in the primary would then endorse the cheater

CaptLouAlbano
10-20-2012, 04:44 PM

Taking over a political party is a long process that requires many people willing to run for office. Unless we see a large percentage of the people involved in the Ron Paul movement doing so, then this segment of the overall libertarian & conservative wing will die on the vine. A group of people cannot become a powerful force in party politics by sitting on the sidelines, they can only do so by becoming actively involved, building their numbers and allying with other like-minded individuals and factions.

I have been a part of a conservative take-over of a county committee in the past, and it simply doesn't happen overnight for one, and it would have never happened unless those of us who were traditional conservatives and libertarians ran for office. In all honesty, the reason that this wing of the party has fallen into a minority status is because over the past decade or two so few of us have been actively involved. The neo-conservatives & moderates would have never risen to the level of prominence that they have risen to, if there was a united opposing force challenging them at the ballot box. We simply we not there, and they waltzed right in, set up shop and took over the leadership.

DeMintConservative
10-22-2012, 01:58 PM
LETS RUN LINDA BEAN FOR A PUBLIC OFFICE IN EITHER 2014 or 2016 or 2018!!!
PEOPLE, SHE HAS MOXIE! I THINK SHE WILL BE AN IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR US!!!

I suspect she'll be too old to run for anything. She was running for office 25 years ago. I'd guess she's now in her mid 70s.

CaptLouAlbano
10-22-2012, 03:30 PM
I suspect she'll be too old to run for anything. She was running for office 25 years ago. I'd guess she's now in her mid 70s.

Easy there my friend...70 is the new 50.

DeMintConservative
10-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Easy there my friend...70 is the new 50.

Heh, that's actually a good point. It's not really her age per se, it's that she doesn't seem inclined to participate in electoral politics any more. I have a hard time seeing her leaving her business and philanthropic activities in Maine to go to DC.