PDA

View Full Version : How the Sheeple Reason

Anti Federalist
10-15-2012, 06:39 PM
How the Sheeple Reason

Posted by Becky Akers on October 15, 2012 08:14 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/122954.html

David Kramer sent me an article with the headline, “Flying Without a Photo ID.” It was a first-person account from a woman who confronted that disaster — and a disaster it is for serfs in a police-state — when she and her family embarked on a “weekend trip.” (Imagine a mother so devoid of common sense and decency that she subjects her kids to the TSA’s gate-rape for a “weekend trip.” But I digress.) As they were preparing to leave for the airport that morning, she “went through a mental travel check list. … All that was left was to check in online and print out the boarding passes. I grabbed my wallet to pay the $50 in advance for two checked bags to save time at the airport.” And left the wallet with her “photo ID” sitting on her desk. The rest of the piece instructs travelers how to negotiate the TSA’s security circus and its constant demands of “Papers, please” without papers.

Recall that “photo ID” is the TSA’s made-up, bogus requirement: There is no link between “proving” your identity and security except in far smaller, more personal settings (you might not want to admit a stranger who claims he’s from Time/Warner Cable to your home if he doesn't carry the company's ID). Recall as well that the TSA restricts what passengers may use as ID (basically, only driver’s licenses Our Rulers issue). Finally, recall that this silliness wouldn’t exist but for the equally silly TSA.

Our derelict mother clearly understands that the agency imposes this nonsense since she quotes its website and spokesliars throughout her article. So whom does she scold for the hoops through which she must jump at the airport as an “undocumented” traveler? Yep: everyone but the TSA. “I know that it's ultimately my fault that I left my wallet behind in the rush to get out of the house. But I can't help but blame the airline's extra baggage fees. If I hadn't had to grab my credit card from wallet to pay for them, my wallet wouldn't have been out of my purse in the first place.” [Emphasis added.]

In the sheeple’s Wonderland, government is never wrong. The responsibility for its atrocities, crimes, and inconveniences always lies elsewhere.

cjm
10-15-2012, 06:48 PM
sigh.

DamianTV
10-16-2012, 06:21 AM
If they are unwilling to place the blame on where it clearly belongs, they will be unable to associate the people that make the rules with the people who control the people that make the rules. The Banks. The Corporations. The Elite.

Spikender
10-16-2012, 06:33 AM
This doesn't surprise me. This article well-illustrates the mentality of many people, both here in the United States and abroad. They never place the blame where it belongs because that would not only mean questioning the authority that they worship, but hurting their worldview. It's the same kind of reaction many people have when yet another video of the police abusing their powers comes out; the comments on those videos are usually filled with boot lickers ready to jump to any officer's defense, no matter how heinous what they did was. Or when someone questions why we should trust Mitt Romney or Barack Obama; instead of listening to the issues, they blame you for not wanting to jump on the bandwagon and safe the country by voting for one side of the same coin.

For these people, authority is never wrong. It's always the other serfs that are wrong.

acptulsa
10-16-2012, 06:59 AM
For these people, authority is never wrong. It's always the other serfs that are wrong.

They are also the same people who can't understand it when people get upset with us for overthrowing their government by force. 'He may be a tyrant, but he's our tyrant and we have the right to lick his boots' is something they understand about their tyrant, but they think everyone else should favor our tyrants over their very own tyrants as well...

specsaregood
10-16-2012, 07:18 AM
This doesn't surprise me. This article well-illustrates the mentality of many people, both here in the United States and abroad. They never place the blame where it belongs because that would not only mean questioning the authority that they worship, but hurting their worldview. It's the same kind of reaction many people have when yet another video of the police abusing their powers comes out; the comments on those videos are usually filled with boot lickers ready to jump to any officer's defense, no matter how heinous what they did was. Or when someone questions why we should trust Mitt Romney or Barack Obama; instead of listening to the issues, they blame you for not wanting to jump on the bandwagon and safe the country by voting for one side of the same coin.

Funny, I got something else from the article. It well-illustrates why the libertarian ilk with their snobbery will continue to shoot themselves in the head rather than work to build coalitions to actually change things for the better.

sailingaway
10-16-2012, 07:23 AM
I agree with the article, except for the patronizing word "sheeple" which seems to me to do just what the article criticizes -- blame the wrong person - the honest person who believes their mainstream news spin, not the people spinning the information they get.