PDA

View Full Version : Romney Won't Face 'The View'

bunklocoempire
10-15-2012, 03:33 PM
From the exciting and informative world of Yahoo news... :toady:

*warning* Babs Walters pic at site.

Romney Won't Face 'The View'
By Emily Friedman

WALTHAM, Mass. - Ann Romney will visit the women of ABC's "The View" solo Thursday, her husband no longer available to appear on the show he once referred to as "high risk."

Co-host Barbara Walters announced on the show this morning that she was told over the weekend Mitt Romney could no longer make the appearance.

"Governor Romney was supposed to be on with us this Thursday with Ann Romney," Walters said. "We were looking forward to it. Over the weekend, his people have said that he had scheduling problems, and would not be coming on with us, nor did not feel that he could reschedule. We are happy to have Mrs. Romney on with us, and are sorry that we won't have Governor Romney, and that's the situation."

Walters left the door open for Romney to "change his mind," adding that it would "be our pleasure to have him on the show."

Andrea Saul, a spokeswoman for the Romney campaign, said in a statement to ABC News that "it was no longer going to work in the campaign schedule but Mrs. Romney is very excited to join the ladies of The View."

In September, leaked footage from a fundraiser showed Romney referring to the show as "high risk" because of what he called some of the "sharp-tongued" co-hosts. Following the leak, the campaign said at the time that Romney would be willing to appear on the show in October.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck, one of the co-hosts who is the known conservative of the five, said that she had reached out to the campaign after the remarks and they had confirmed that the Romneys would "love to once more join the sharp-tongued chatter in October."
Continued: http://news.yahoo.com/romney-wont-face-view-181131618--abc-news-politics.html

Somehow I can't imagine Ron Paul running away from a bunch of girls.:p

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
10-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Elisabeth Hasselbeck, one of the co-hosts who is the known conservative of the five

She also comes off as the dumbest. lol

cajuncocoa
10-15-2012, 05:21 PM
I can't really blame him...he would be walking into an ambush.

coastie
10-15-2012, 05:34 PM
She also comes off as the dumbest. lol

Yeah, I can't stand her....I don't watch the show, but from what I have seen, she's atrocious, and damn sure not a conservative by it's real definition-just the neocon one.

bunklocoempire
10-15-2012, 07:23 PM

It's only an ambush if you're not using the truth.. so yeah.

If he was speaking truth he'd see it as an opportunity.

VoluntaryAmerican
10-15-2012, 07:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5yN3eExXvs

A real man isn't scared of a lady talk show.

VoluntaryAmerican
10-15-2012, 07:34 PM

Origanalist
10-15-2012, 07:36 PM

You can say that again. :p

RickyJ
10-15-2012, 07:38 PM
He is a wimp. Jesse Ventura had no problem handling the women on the View and neither did Ron Paul.

VoluntaryAmerican
10-15-2012, 07:42 PM
You can say that again. :p

TCE
10-15-2012, 08:37 PM
He and his supporters complain that he does so poorly with female voters and then he turns around and gives up a chance to speak to a bunch of them directly. Yeah...

trey4sports
10-15-2012, 08:41 PM
there will never be another Ron Paul...

dbill27
10-15-2012, 08:55 PM
If I were him I wouldn't go on the show either. It's going to be an ambush, 15 minutes talking about abortion. When Ron went on he wasn't running against democrats or they would have tried to do the same to him.

TCE
10-15-2012, 08:57 PM
If I were him I wouldn't go on the show either. It's going to be an ambush, 15 minutes talking about abortion. When Ron went on he wasn't running against democrats or they would have tried to do the same to him.

If he owned the interview, though, he'll get a slight boost in the polls. Aside from the debates, this would have probably been the most important event of October for him. It would have been an ambush, in all likelihood, but a skilled politico like Romney should be able to weather those storms.

acptulsa
10-15-2012, 09:16 PM

Who the hell cares? In a battle of wits, none of those females (least of all the perceived 'heavyweight' of the bunch, Babwa Wawa) can even claim to be half armed.

Go back and look at Whoopi chiding the audience for cheering 'old America' when Ron Paul explains why Medicare drives medical care prices sky high.

Hey, Whoopi. It wasn't broke until we fixed it. Duh.