PDA

View Full Version : FBI arrested 2 cops for killing a young man

aGameOfThrones
10-15-2012, 03:23 PM
The Federal Bureau of Investigation arrested this morning police Lt. Erick Rivera Nazario and Jimmy Rodriguez Vega after being indicted by a federal grand jury in violation of civil rights, specifically by inflicting a beating to a young man that ended in his death.

"It is an indictment for violation of civil rights. The events date back to November 2008 and involve Lt. Erick Rivera and fellow cop Jimmy Nazario Rodriguez Vega. They used a baton against Jose Luis Perez Irizarry which resulted in his death. Nazario Rivera was already arrested and are in the process of locating Rodriguez Vega, "said Maritza Conde, spokesman for the FBI.

FBI spokeswoman explained that the events which led to the arrests date back to November 2008 in Yauco when police officers caused serious bodily injury to Jose Luis Irizarry Perez on election day.

"The FBI is committed to protecting the civil rights of all citizens and will continue to allocate the necessary resources to investigate those officers who violate the inalienable rights that the constitution protects. The officers of law and order who violate the civil rights of those who they swore to protect, will be investigated, prosecuted and brought to justice ", said Joseph S. Campbell, director of the FBI.

http://www.elnuevodia.com/fbiarrestaadosmiembrosdelapoliciaporviolaciondeder echosciviles-1364334.html

youngbuck
10-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Where did this happen? Sorry, I can't read spanish.

aGameOfThrones
10-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Where did this happen? Sorry, I can't read spanish.

Puerto Rico, USA.

youngbuck
10-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Puerto Rico is in the US? Hmm, wouldn't have known that w/out the ', USA.' part.

aGameOfThrones
10-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Puerto Rico is in the US? Hmm, wouldn't have known that w/out the ', USA.' part.

That's why I always include it. :)

youngbuck
10-15-2012, 04:03 PM
I was joking, though. ;)