PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a new commercial (video)

NoMoreNicksLeft
11-19-2007, 11:48 PM
Starts off with a portrait of a man, any man who says:

"Hi, I'm Joe and I'm a spambot and I'm voting for Ron Paul".

Cut to couple, man and wife:

"We're the Johnsons, and we're a statistical anomaly and we're voting for Ron Paul".

Cut to a college girl:

"Hi, I'm a margin of error, and I'm voting for Ron Paul".

Cut to a group of older ladies:

"We're the lunatic fringe, and we're voting for Ron Paul".

Cut to a group of bikers:

"We're sissy anti-war liberals, and we're voting for Ron Paul".

Cut to a large gathering, 100 or more people, chanting in unison:

"There's hardly any of us, but we're all voting for Ron Paul".

Maybe through a few more iterations, try to be clever with each variation. Would need professional videography. Would be cool if Paul himself were there at the end, to say something.

Dumb idea, but it's late and I thought I'd share it.

vauge
11-20-2007, 11:49 AM
No so dumb. I like the idea! lol

Knightskye
11-24-2007, 01:36 AM
This is actually a great idea. Hah, I like the "statistical anomaly" part. But I have two questions:

1. How much will this cost?

2. Can we get non-cheesy actors for it?

0zzy
11-24-2007, 01:48 AM
This is actually a great idea. Hah, I like the "statistical anomaly" part. But I have two questions:

1. How much will this cost?

2. Can we get non-cheesy actors for it?

I read this one as a funny cheesy commercial.

NoMoreNicksLeft
11-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Knightskye, no clue how much. To do it right, you'd want professionals doing this. It wouldn't work as a youtube commercial, funny as some of them are.

If it's meant to show the opposite, that we're none of those things, then it can't come off as amateurish. Maybe we'd get some professional/amateurs... the kind that are in the business, but not big names yet.

There are even more lines when you think about it, I've came up with some since. Might be more than one 30second spot.

Old geezer "I support Ron Paul, and I'm some naive little college kid who knows no better."

Ron Paul girl "I support Ron Paul, and I'm some old grumpy guy that doesn't understand how the real world works now days".

Accountant in business suit "I support Ron Paul and I'm some wild-eyed hippy anarchist."

Hippies "We support Ron Paul, and we're the corporate elite who just want to take advantage of [something]."

There's lots of room for material, I think.

Rhys
11-26-2007, 01:27 AM
Iowa's cheap. You're still looking at more than the blimp though... maybe half a mil for a decent run and production.

Knightskye
11-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Maybe we could suggest this to the official campaign, but they tout the frugalness, so I don't know.

Could always get Meetup members to act in it. They're filled with Ron Paul spirit. Not sure how many wanna-be-actors (waiters) are.

NoMoreNicksLeft
11-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Spirit is nice, but this would be meant to appeal to those who don't have it. And considering that all the other commercials out there are slick and professional, the last thing we'd want is for it to come off as amateurish or buffoonish.

The whole concept is about us making fun of what we supposedly are. Laughing at them laughing at us. It'd have to come off as if that were ridiculous, and the viewer would ideally agree. If we just look all Napoleon Dynamite, we do more harm than good.

literatim
11-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Change group of bikers to military dressed in uniform. :)

NoMoreNicksLeft
11-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Nah, can't put the military in there, would just be an excuse for Limbaugh to take a shot at them if they say that line.

I was thinking say, a half dozen bikers on Harleys, rough looking. Hell's Angels jackets might not be good since it's associated with crime (supposing we could even find any willing), but certainly there's some little known motorcycle club that would do.

If you wanted to include military, you'd want a different line.

"Hi, we support Ron Paul because we don't know anything about war or security in this dangerous world."

If you could find those willing to do it (not sure actors would be good for this), you could get a some mixed group of people, black and white. Hmm, maybe a married couple?

"Hi, we support Ron Paul because we're racist."

On the same note, if you had jews that were willing to help, participate, could do the same but with the word "anti-semitic" in there.

The point is, to really rub it in their faces, all the bullshit they're trying to smear him with.

idiom
11-27-2007, 11:25 PM
This needs a big donator or a grass roots member who owns a small production outfit. Its the sort of thing that would really benefit from being shot on film or in a studio and made to look like film.

It would make people ask, 'what sort of grassroots effort is capable of that?!'