PDA

View Full Version : TX-Yet again, cops show up at wrong house and shoot family dog.

Anti Federalist
10-15-2012, 03:18 PM
San Antonio police officer at wrong house shoots family dog

Pit bull shot in jaw, SAPD looking into possible 911 call mix-up

Author: Jessie Degollado, Reporter, jdegollado@ksat.com
Published On: Oct 15 2012 03:05:56 AM CDT Updated On: Oct 15 2012 10:44:42 AM CDT

http://www.ksat.com/news/Pit-bull-owners-San-Antonio-police-officer-at-wrong-house-shoots-family-dog/-/478452/16987260/-/cvouvh/-/index.html

SAN ANTONIO - A local couple says a San Antonio police officer who shot their dog in the jaw early Sunday morning was at the wrong house.

Albert Morales said his brother, Hector Serna, woke him up before dawn after hearing the gunshot and then pounding on his window.

“I thought someone was trying to break in,” Serna said, since the officer never identified himself.

Serna and Morales said they went outside and the officer approached them saying there had been a 911 call about a deceased woman.

Morales then said the officer told him he was responding to the call from another family blocks away on another street, who had once lived in their house.

Morales said the officer then told him 20 minutes later to check on his dog.

According to Morales, the officer said, “He trotted up to me after I turned the corner, came to my feet and I shot him.”

Morales said the officer described how he told the pit bull to get back, and when he didn’t, he stepped back and fired his service revolver. However, the officer admitted to Morales the pit bull never growled at him.

“I don’t know if he meant to go straight down between the eyes or the top of the head, but it went from the mouth down,” Morales said. “It’s heartbreaking. It’s an innocent dog. He’s suffering.”

Morales said his dog must be kept caged for six weeks, wear a cone around his neck, a muzzle over his mouth, and must be fed liquid nourishment through a straw.

Morales' girlfriend, Sarah Bueno, said they’ve already accumulated nearly $600 in veterinary bills, not including medications, follow-up visits, and possible complications.

“We’d like SAPD to pay for all that costs that have occurred,” Bueno said. “Just take care of their mistake.”

A San Antonio police spokesman said the couple will be provided information on how to file a complaint and submit a financial claim.

The spokesman said it was too early to say whether there was a 911 mix-up, but the shift commander will look into the matter.

phill4paul
10-15-2012, 03:20 PM
If you laid all the dead dogs end to end how far would they stretch across the country? If you laid all the 'contempt of cop" victims how far would they?

luctor-et-emergo
10-15-2012, 03:43 PM
If you laid all the dead dogs end to end how far would they stretch across the country? If you laid all the 'contempt of cop" victims how far would they?

I don't want to know. But every inch is one too many.
May this dog rest in peace.
These stories hurt me, not that I would rather be ignorant about it, but it really saddens me to hear that this happens all the time.

Spikender
10-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Damn you, AF, I hate you so much for keeping me informed.

Regardless, the details of this case don't surprise me in the least. Is it just standard practice for cops to shoot dogs? Is it an unwritten rule? Or is it actually written down somewhere? Cause I'd really like to see it.

Anti Federalist
10-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Damn you, AF, I hate you so much for keeping me informed.

Regardless, the details of this case don't surprise me in the least. Is it just standard practice for cops to shoot dogs? Is it an unwritten rule? Or is it actually written down somewhere? Cause I'd really like to see it.

It is official policy.

Circular Force Continuum.

Everything now hinges on the prime directive of "Officer Safety".

Any perceived threat to "officer safety" (and keep in mind just how subjective that phrase is) may be met with whatever force the officer on scene deems appropriate to cease the threat to his safety, including deadly force.

Put bluntly, that means that any cop, at any time, has the full and absolute legal right to blow you away if you so much as twitch funny.

This is why (and I still fail to see why this is so hard to comprehend) I urge everybody to never call cops, to have as little as possible to do with them and if you do have an interaction with them, to speak as little as possible, try to end the encounter as soon as possible, and, above all, keep in mind just how deadly serious it is.

For over 20 years now, cops have been trained and had it beat into their heads that the American people are their enemy, that every white face is a neo-Nazi, Unabomber terrorist and every black or Hispanic face is a gangbanging Crip or MS13.

They are at a war footing against all of us and just looking for a chance to light some poor bastard up, to make some "combat quals" or "bug splat".

And they have complete and total legal backing and immunity to do so.

Officer Friendly is not your friend.

Spikender
10-15-2012, 04:31 PM
It is official policy.

Circular Force Continuum.

Everything now hinges on the prime directive of "Officer Safety".

Any perceived threat to "officer safety" (and keep in mind just how subjective that phrase is) may be met with whatever force the officer on scene deems appropriate to cease the threat to his safety, including deadly force.

Put bluntly, that means that any cop, at any time, has the full and absolute legal right to blow you away if you so much as twitch funny.

This is why, and I still fail to why this is so hard to comprehend, I urge everybody to never call cops, to have as little as possible to do with them and if you do have an interaction with them, to speak as little as possible, try to end the encounter as soon as possible, and, above all, keep in mind just how deadly serious it is.

Officer Friendly is not your friend.

Ah yes, I've seen that phrase several times and I'm sure you've outlined it on here before. Gonna have to save your explanation for further use, although it certainly is pretty cut-and-dry from what you're saying.

Kind of scary to think that my dad once called the cops on my brother for simply trying to go for a walk to cool down after an argument the two of them had. Of course, at that point in my life I didn't know just how dangerous encounters with the cops could be. I guess I should be thankful that my brother is even alive at all, especially after all the cop-related bullshit that has occurred in my life. And I'm not even that old... guess it's only going to go downhill from here.

truelies
10-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Best response- make your friends/neighbors/community aware of the huge dangers and nil benefits to ordinary folk of a 'professional' cop gang and make their elimination the primary initial goal of any effort to restore America. First step- disarm then except when actually on the clock & freeze their pay. Next step- disarm them 24 X 365 including at home & cut their pay by 25%. Start in the small towns/rural counties & work up from there.

Anti Federalist
10-15-2012, 06:01 PM
I've stated this many times, at this time, most encounters, in fact, the vast majority of encounters, will go off with little or no problem.

That does not negate the fact that more and more, encounters with law enforcement are prone to go "sideways", with deadly ramifications, that you have little or no legal recourse against whatsoever, in a matter of seconds.

The risk to benefit ratio has shrunk to the point where I can say, with all honesty, DO NOT CALL COPS, EVER.

Ah yes, I've seen that phrase several times and I'm sure you've outlined it on here before. Gonna have to save your explanation for further use, although it certainly is pretty cut-and-dry from what you're saying.

Kind of scary to think that my dad once called the cops on my brother for simply trying to go for a walk to cool down after an argument the two of them had. Of course, at that point in my life I didn't know just how dangerous encounters with the cops could be. I guess I should be thankful that my brother is even alive at all, especially after all the cop-related bullshit that has occurred in my life. And I'm not even that old... guess it's only going to go downhill from here.

Spikender
10-15-2012, 06:17 PM
I've stated this many times, at this time, most encounters, in fact, the vast majority of encounters, will go off with little or no problem.

That does not negate the fact that more and more, encounters with law enforcement are prone to go "sideways", with deadly ramifications, that you have little or no legal recourse against whatsoever, in a matter of seconds.

The risk to benefit ratio has shrunk to the point where I can say, with all honesty, DO NOT CALL COPS, EVER.

Oh yes, I'm aware that not every encounter with a police officer will lead to something terrible.

But after reading how many times it does go in the shitter, I'd rather not take any chances.

Henry Rogue
10-15-2012, 06:53 PM
According to Morales, the officer said, “He trotted up to me after I turned the corner, came to my feet and I shot him.”

Morales said the officer described how he told the pit bull to get back, and when he didn’t, he stepped back and fired his service revolver. However, the officer admitted to Morales the pit bull never growled at him.
I once heard dogs are capable of learning up to 200 words or commands. Somehow I don't think "get back" was one this dog knew. I guess ignorance of the law, huh. sarcasm. And why the f do cops bother carrying tazers if they always pull out there sidearm.

Anti Federalist
10-16-2012, 04:19 PM
///

TomtheTinker
10-16-2012, 05:32 PM
Said it once said it a million times

Save a dog-shoot a pig