PDA

View Full Version : Does Ron Paul Pay You?

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-19-2007, 11:20 PM
I get that question ALLLLL the time even from my friends!

do you guys ever hear it?

When people on the streets ask me if Ron Paul pays me I am happy to say, "I wish but the truth is they're thousands of us Nation wide doing this on our own with our own money and free time and if you look further into it I bet you will be doing the same" and hand them my business card.

w00t!

anyways I <3 you all and this amazing effort most of us are doing all on our own without marching orders from anyone.

NinjaPirate
11-19-2007, 11:21 PM
I got asked that the other day when I passed out slim jims to on coming cars!

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-19-2007, 11:27 PM
well try using that line there.

They usually dont question that and can see you're genuine!
so I'm sure this makes them more curious to go home and check it out!

kylejack
11-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Ron Paul is the Gold Standard of politicians, and he pays me in pearls of wisdom, dispensed daily.

Richandler
11-19-2007, 11:31 PM
This :http://www.wmur.com/download/2007/1119/14642031.pdf

Lates poll from NH scared the hell out of me. Posted on Lew Rockwell's site in celebration perhaps because it wasn't fully looked over. The percentage of people who would not vote for Ron under any circumstances is 50%+. It was very discouraging to see. I must say that people are even more stupid than I thought.

kylejack
11-19-2007, 11:33 PM
This :http://www.wmur.com/download/2007/1119/14642031.pdf

Lates poll from NH scared the hell out of me. Posted on Lew Rockwell's site in celebration perhaps because it wasn't fully looked over. The percentage of people who would not vote for Ron under any circumstances is 50%+. It was very discouraging to see. I must say that people are even more stupid than I thought.

McCain used to be at 39% who would never vote for him, now he's at 29% would never vote for him. Clearly people aren't as sure as they think they are on that question. ;)

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-19-2007, 11:47 PM
I dunno about those polls though.

seapilot
11-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Just tell them you owe him a favor after he cured your apathy.

OptionsTrader
11-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Does Ron Paul Pay You?

I would say he pays me in "Liberty Dollars" out of jest, but this week that means something TOTALLY different!

blamx8
11-19-2007, 11:56 PM
My family and friends refer to my house as the Idaho-Ron Paul headquarters. :D

ronpaulitician
11-20-2007, 12:08 AM
You can't pay for freedom.

Cindy
11-20-2007, 12:10 AM
I doubt a real Paul supporter would accept money for what they do. They would tell whoever to just donate it to the campaign.

Dorfsmith
11-20-2007, 12:11 AM
I doubt a real Paul supporter would accept money for what they do. They would tell whoever to just donate it to the campaign.

Yep, and no other candidate can boast those kind of supporters :cool:

blamx8
11-20-2007, 12:16 AM
That's what I do Cindy. I give out signs, window clings, DVDs, slim jims, and just ordered 200 winter beanies to be embroidered with ronpaul2008.com.

I always tell people that the cost is to go online and donate whatever they can. I dont know how much of a difference it makes but Idaho is one of the greener states on the donation map at ronpaulgraphs.com

Ron LOL
11-20-2007, 12:18 AM
I get this one a lot, and I always stress that I'm a volunteer who would normally be doing something else.

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-20-2007, 12:28 AM

that's the point!

he doesn't and we get to tell people that!!!!!
with enthusiasm and a smile.

inibo
11-20-2007, 12:36 AM
I've never been asked if I were being paid, but at a one man sign waving outside the "Defending the American Dream Summit (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=defendingthedream&p=r)" I had some guy ask me "Are you Ron Paul?" :eek:

Dorfsmith
11-20-2007, 12:38 AM
I've never been asked if I were being paid, but at a one man sign waving outside the "Defending the American Dream Summit (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=defendingthedream&p=r)" I had some guy ask me "Are you Ron Paul?" :eek:

LOL, on July 4th everybody thought I was Ron Paul when I went down the parade route holding my handmade sign and handing out flyers :D Back then, not one person I talked to had heard of him. We've come a long way :cool:

Cindy
11-20-2007, 12:47 AM
that's the point!

he doesn't and we get to tell people that!!!!!
with enthusiasm and a smile.

No kidding.:cool: I was re-emphasizing the ridiculousness of that question, with the point.:p

amakris
11-20-2007, 01:07 AM
I had a person come up and say "Your friend was telling me about everything you've done and I'm impressed."

I said, "I'm sorry. I'm not sure I understand."

He said, "You're Ron Paul, right?"

I said, "No, I'm not. But you're right that he's an impressive guy."

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-20-2007, 01:47 AM
yeah I have been asked a few times are you him?

The Plan
11-20-2007, 02:00 AM
I got asked it the other day and i just said "If i was i would just donate it back"

Spirit of '76
11-20-2007, 04:40 AM
I think most people ask this question because they can't conceive of Americans being so enthusiastic about a presidential candidate without being paid for it. After all, almost all of the other campaigns are spending big bucks on "state organizers" and "county coordinators" and all that.

Just last night at the county Republican Club meeting, I was invited to stand up and say a few words about Ron and the campaign. I followed a young man who ran for the legislature in our district last year, and is now being paid to shill for the Giuliani campaign.

I was very careful to point out that I'm not an official representative of any campaign, that I'm not being paid, and that I'm just a patriot who believes in Ron's message and wants to share it with as many people as possible.

Now, that said, there's a lot I'd like to do to help Ron win this state that I just can't do because I have to keep working my other jobs. ;)

greves
11-20-2007, 07:14 AM
"It's not a question of Ron Paul paying ME, it's a question of us NOT paying these illegal income taxes every year!"

thehittgirl
11-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Sometimes I get asked that My mother keeps saying she wishes I would get paid. I told her oh I will. When Ron gets in and I get to keep my income tax money :D

Some people say I should get to meet Ron Paul for all the work I have been doing. I tell them that would be impossible because there's thousands more like me. :)

thehittgirl
11-20-2007, 07:35 AM
I think most people ask this question because they can't conceive of Americans being so enthusiastic about a presidential candidate without being paid for it. After all, almost all of the other campaigns are spending big bucks on "state organizers" and "county coordinators" and all that.

I am finding that seeing the enthusiasm in numbers is rousing people's curiosity. It's awesome. :cool:

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-20-2007, 09:50 AM
^^ Yeah I must say it is pretty rewarding to meet him and shake his hand!