PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Official Campaign Doing With What We Have Given Them?

reduen
11-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Look, all I hear is "The campaign needs more money, the campaign needs more money" and frankly I do not buy it one bit!!

At the same time I hear so many (including the official campaign) saying "Do more, do more, get out the votes, become a delegate, tell your friends, do more etc... and frankly I am tired of it!

What the heck has the official campaign done with what we have given them?

Before you light up the old flame thrower, ask yourself think about this...

We probably have more than $10mill more raised than Huckabee and I think we can all agree that we have grass roots support that is phenomenal in nature and probably unprecedented.

So, why in the world is it that all I hear about in the news is how well Huckabee is doing in Iowa etc..?

Why is it every time I turn around I see Mike Huckabees smiling face on the tube?

Why is it that for at least a month, Huckabees site has being helping their supporters become delegates and until a couple of days ago the official campaign site for Dr. Paul had no information concerning this whatsoever?

I think you get my point here..

Again, what the world has the official campaign done with what they have been given so far?

RPinSEAZ
11-19-2007, 11:10 PM
I agree with your comment about the campaign not doing enough to guide people in becoming delegates, however I'm dumber for having read the rest of the post.

reduen
11-19-2007, 11:12 PM
I agree with your comment about the campaign not doing enough to guide people in becoming delegates, however I'm dumber for having read the rest of the post.

How so?

garrettwombat
11-19-2007, 11:12 PM
iv had people yell at me on this site before and say "dude just focus and donate on the 16th"

i think its pretty sadwhen the campaign has practically BEGGED US to become deligates, but only maybe a handful of us have tried...
yet everyone will dish out a 100 bucks because its easy and you can do it with the click of a button and say "done my part"

JustBcuz
11-19-2007, 11:17 PM
I can tell you that at least one influential Republican in Reno received a beautiful fold out flyer in the mail. He got it from the campaign, not from grassroots. This guy was not involved with RP in any way. (Although he is now, hee hee hee)

There are reports of people in NH & IA getting similar stuff, plus automated phone calls.

...and it's not like the campaign has been sitting on the cash from the last money bomb for the last 6 months...it's been a couple of weeks. If you do a mass-mailer you still have to hit the printer, and then deal with the post office.

Maybe they shelved some TV spots now they afford to shoot better ones?

"So, why in the world is it that all I hear about in the news is how well Huckabee is doing in Iowa etc..?"

My humble opinion?

The Ron Paul phenomenon has shown that the major candidates don't have support. Their poll #s are a function of name recognition. Romney, Guiliani, McCain...no one wants to vote for them.

People are looking elsewhere. They are finding Ron Paul.

The media knows people are looking elsewhere. The media wants them to find Huckabee.

Just a guess.

Ron Paul Fan
11-19-2007, 11:20 PM
TV ads are showing in Iowa and New Hampshire. Radio ads are being played in every early primary state. Mailings of that 12 page booklet have been sent out to Iowa and New Hampshire. Telephone calls are playing. It's not like they're hoarding the money so that they can go on a spending spree on Black Friday. They're playing to win!

Chibioz
11-19-2007, 11:22 PM
I approve how the campaign has handled spending 100%. When I see people attacking the campaign it's hard not to think of it as a troll, cause i think they are doing a damn good job. They may make the occasional mistake but have a lot of work on their hands and are still kicking ass. Blowing a lot of money now and having little cash on hand at the end of the quarter would be a disaster.

reduen
11-19-2007, 11:24 PM
iv had people yell at me on this site before and say "dude just focus and donate on the 16th"

i think its pretty stupid when really the campaign has practically BEGGED US to become deligates, but only maybe a handful of us have tried... yet everyone will dish out a 100 bucks because its easy and you can do it with the click of a button and say "done my part"

I understand about the delegate thing, and up until about two or three weeks ago or so I knew nothing about it. Since then, I have tried to find out about this process by going to my state GOP site, (I also volunteered there but have heard nothing more from them.) calling my local county clerks office and emailing 30 of my states County Chair People, etc... and still I barely know what to do.

Now I am learning that it might be too late for me to get anywhere on this because I did not get involved with the GOP earlier..

It is just a little frustrating being as I have been supporting the good DR. quite fervently since at least the Iowa Straw Poll.

davidhperry
11-19-2007, 11:25 PM
TV ads are showing in Iowa and New Hampshire. Radio ads are being played in every early primary state. Mailings of that 12 page booklet have been sent out to Iowa and New Hampshire. Telephone calls are playing. It's not like they're hoarding the money so that they can go on a spending spree on Black Friday. They're playing to win!

Yes, they are playing to win. That's way we need to give as much money to the campaign as possible.

Why does everyone think that $12M is a lot of money? They would have asked for $50M or more if they could have. Just because we're over 2/3 towards the 12M goal, it doesn't mean that we're in the clear. If we wait to give to the campaign until the 16th, they the bulk of that money will not, I repeat not, be able to be used in the early primaries.

quickmike
11-19-2007, 11:26 PM

LOL

RPFTW!
11-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Radio ads and TV ads that increased Ron Paul's 2% to 7% in less than one month...

0zzy
11-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Buying venues
buying supplies
buying air time on TV and raido
traveling
paying 70 staff
paying for website
paying to get on ballots
etc.

davidhperry
11-19-2007, 11:27 PM
I understand about the delegate thing, and up until about two or three weeks ago or so I knew nothing about it. Since then, I have tried to find out about this process by going to my state GOP site, (I also volunteered there but have heard nothing more from them.) calling my local county clerks office and emailing 30 of my states County Chair People, etc... and still I barely know what to do.

Now I am learning that it might be too late for me to get anywhere on this because I did not get involved with the GOP earlier..

It is just a little frustrating being as I have been supporting the good DR. quite fervently since at least the Iowa Straw Poll.

You still have time but you have to move fast. The person to talk with is your state coordinator for the RP campaign. Where are you located?

reduen
11-19-2007, 11:29 PM
You still have time but you have to move fast. The person to talk with is your state coordinator for the RP campaign. Where are you located?

Arkansas. :)

reduen
11-19-2007, 11:30 PM
LOL

Now Mike, you dissapoint me. I know you can do better than that...;)

Anti Federalist
11-19-2007, 11:31 PM

i think its pretty sadwhen the campaign has practically BEGGED US to become deligates, but only maybe a handful of us have tried...
yet everyone will dish out a 100 bucks because its easy and you can do it with the click of a button and say "done my part"

Done just about everything else.

Can't do that, simply because of work obligations that cannot be broken.

Pete Kay
11-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Ron Paul runs his Presidential campaign the way he runs his Congressional campaign. All the talk about how Ron Paul has captured the internet and mastered campaigning 2.0 is all just media hype. Ron Paul and the people in charge of his campaign really don't have a well planned out national strategy. They use very primitive techniques of direct mail and robo-calls mixed with some amateurish tv ads and pretty good radio ads. We all love Ron Paul, but I think that anyone can see that his campaign isn't very sophisticated, though I give a lot of credit to his web designer for making one of the best Presidential sites that I have seen. We need to fill in that gap, I'm afraid. The people that are running his campaign are not pioneers or innovators. Look at his supportors though. No other candiadate has such well crafted grassroots videos on te web.

garrettwombat
11-19-2007, 11:32 PM

and if you cant end up being a delegate dont let that stop you... try becoming a voting officer, or if you haven't registered to vote, make sure you check that you are available to help on the day of elections. that way we can guarantee nothing currupt will happen

kutibah
11-19-2007, 11:33 PM
I think the campaign has done well with the money, but not enough with informing people about becoming delegates. If I wasn't 17 I would have been first to try and become a delegate...but for now all I can do is donate and go to rallies and spread the word.

bbachtung
11-19-2007, 11:35 PM
Here's the Arkansas Republican Party's official explanation of how to become a delegate (filing is between January 21 and February 4, 2008, and costs $125):

http://www.arkansasgop.org/images/AR/AR_Delegate_Selection.pdf

quickmike
11-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Now Mike, you dissapoint me. I know you can do better than that...;)

Sorry dude, I just had to.:D

Think about it though. You seem to think that Huckabee REALLY has the support that the MSM tells us he has. You might just be buying right into what they are trying to do. Where are the huge Huckster rallies? Where are the huge donations?

Rons campaign is doing just fine. They are spending money all over the place in the early states and getting the word out. It seems to be working too. I think youre just getting nervous a little.

Take it easy man. Were doing good and the campaign is using the money wisely.

Now walk to the store and buy a candy bar. It will make you feel better.

Oh, and buy me one too ;)

BLS
11-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Ron Paul runs his Presidential campaign the way he runs his Congressional campaign. All the talk about how Ron Paul has captured the internet and mastered campaigning 2.0 is all just media hype. Ron Paul and the people in charge of his campaign really don't have a well planned out national strategy. They use very primitive techniques of direct mail and robo-calls mixed with some amateurish tv ads and pretty good radio ads. We all love Ron Paul, but I think that anyone can see that his campaign isn't very sophisticated, though I give a lot of credit to his web designer for making one of the best Presidential sites that I have seen. We need to fill in that gap, I'm afraid. The people that are running his campaign are not pioneers or innovators. Look at his supportors though. No other candiadate has such well crafted grassroots videos on te web.

Yeah, cuz he's faired SO poorly in his congressional campaigning..... :rolleyes:

You guys act like you're freaking campaign managers.
Just let him do his job...and you do yours.

me3
11-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Yeah, cuz he's faired SO poorly in his congressional campaigning..... :rolleyes:
Excellent point. After I watched the grassroots training videos (sign up at the official Ron Paul 2008 site to get access), I realized how sophisticated and refined his Congressional campaigns must be, and that is why he has been elected so many times, even when the GOP ran a candidate against him.

The important thing is to keep staying plugged in, and working however you can to help turn out the vote. If you can become a delegate or get involved in the GOP locally, that's great, but you can also help by making sure you and your fellow RP supporters are in the RP voter database at HQ, so they can get everyone to turn out to vote.

reduen
11-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Sorry dude, I just had to.:D

Think about it though. You seem to think that Huckabee REALLY has the support that the MSM tells us he has. You might just be buying right into what they are trying to do. Where are the huge Huckster rallies? Where are the huge donations?

Rons campaign is doing just fine. They are spending money all over the place in the early states and getting the word out. It seems to be working too. I think youre just getting nervous a little.

Take it easy man. Were doing good and the campaign is using the money wisely.

Now walk to the store and buy a candy bar. It will make you feel better.

Oh, and buy me one too ;)

I got ya my man.

I am just so worried for my boys and what they may soon face lately. I guess it is just getting at me a little much..

Point taken. :)