PDA

View Full Version : locked up

Mr. Perfidy
10-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Hmmm...taking advantage of a drunk female is bad enough. But when it's your teeny-bopper cousin...that just ain't right. A mundane would be locked up for a long time (probably 10-20) and put on a sex offender list for that. Then there's the possibility that the general prison population could learn what he did...(kiddie fuckers usually don't fare well in prison.)

on another thread I mentioned that on television, they do not speak of prison ever without immediately following it with a traumatizing dungeon rape terrorist threat scenario, so, I am quoting this to re-assert my point then. I believe it was relative to the fun hitting-kids argument that really got to the heart of the divide between r3volution and infiltration people. haha anyway.

why does no one invoke the whole "cruel and unusual punishment" thing when talking about sending people to prison? Isn't that a valid argument against the very existence of prisons?

asurfaholic
10-13-2012, 11:49 PM
on another thread I mentioned that on television, they do not speak of prison ever without immediately following it with a traumatizing dungeon rape terrorist threat scenario, so, I am quoting this to re-assert my point then. I believe it was relative to the fun hitting-kids argument that really got to the heart of the divide between r3volution and infiltration people. haha anyway.

why does no one invoke the whole "cruel and unusual punishment" thing when talking about sending people to prison? Isn't that a valid argument against the very existence of prisons?

What, you think its cruel and unusual to lock away a repeat pot smoker?

I hope not..

LOCK EM UP!

seriously though, if prisons were used ONLY to house people who have been convicted of violent crimes, then I would not worry much about what happens to them once in there. This is probably not the most perfect answer, but to those who have murdered others, or raped children, I don't really care what happens to them. Id rather focus on getting the repeat pot smokers out of the prison, and advocating a honest judicial system, where the cops, DA, judges are not all on the same team. With accountability, the whole mess would straighten out.

opal
10-14-2012, 10:00 AM
I can think of some non violent crimes that should be punishable with prison - voting for legislation that violates the constitution for instance and taking things that don't belong to you .. like your house gets robbed when no one was home.

Captain Shays
10-14-2012, 05:01 PM
I think if you pollute my well uoi should spend some time with the rapists

mad cow
10-14-2012, 08:13 PM

Please explain the divide between r3volution and infiltration people in re the fun hitting-kids argument.Who are on what side?Who are infiltration people?Could you point out any of these fun-hitting kids proponents or their posts you have run across since arriving here in 2/12?

silverhandorder
10-14-2012, 08:16 PM
Please explain the divide between r3volution and infiltration people in re the fun hitting-kids argument.Who are on what side?Who are infiltration people?Could you point out any of these fun-hitting kids proponents or their posts you have run across since arriving here in 2/12?

Go look for the fellow tod something. He said he would beat his kid if he disrespects him.

Origanalist
10-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Go look for the fellow tod something. He said he would beat his kid if he disrespects him.

Must of missed that, or maybe our definition of "beat" aren't the same.

VoluntaryAmerican
10-14-2012, 08:23 PM
The US Constitution is negligent on privacy, searches, and torture. Especially privacy though.

silverhandorder
10-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Must of missed that, or maybe our definition of "beat" aren't the same.

I wasn't clear, "/statement" = I'm making a statement..

Although admittedly I will knock my kid out of his chair if he speaks to me as I've heard other kids speak to their parents. (I don't expect this will ever happen but it could.) And if officers of the state beat my child I will respond physically to them as well, it is my duty to provide/care for/discipline my child not yours or the states.

How you choose to handle your kid if he/she does that would of course be up to you.

As an example, I wouldn't interfere if you chose to smack your 2 y/o for having a tantrum in public however if you take off your belt and try to whip him I would interfere..........But I will never call the law to interfere.

Clearly we using different definitions. I fear for your kids if you don't consider smacking 2 year old and knocking them off from where they are as not beating.

Origanalist
10-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Lol, I don't hardly think he means more than a open handed swat to the butt if he said he would defend your kid if you took your belt off. Get the vapors much?

Mr. Perfidy
10-14-2012, 08:38 PM
r3volution people are people that recognize in the long-dead corpse unfortunately stepped over in DC called "the Constitution" would have been a great legal foundation for the lives they want to live. I meant by Infiltration though in the sense of overtaking the GOP- a lot of Ron Paul people are real republicans already and belong in the party. That is different than the r3volution people, in my experience in the movement, which has like an aquarian, alternative-scientific social model.

Mr. Perfidy
10-14-2012, 08:39 PM
anyway people who wish rape on people I always want to just to murder and walk away.

silverhandorder
10-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Lol, I don't hardly think he means more than a open handed swat to the butt if he said he would defend your kid if you took your belt off. Get the vapors much?

Not likely if you take in the context of the first sentence. Besides have you ever imagined how you look to a two year old and what "open handed swat" looks like to them? You are 10 times their size power and an authority figure. They don't know if you will escalate the situation or not.

Mr. Perfidy
10-14-2012, 08:45 PM
The kid treatment issue is like the heart of the divide between the revolutionary and conservative ron paul people- I love this!

silverhandorder
10-14-2012, 08:49 PM
The kid treatment issue is like the heart of the divide between the revolutionary and conservative ron paul people- I love this!

It does not have to be. I probably would not want a law outlawing spanking. I am more interested in changing people's morals then in forcing them to change at the point of a gun.

Origanalist
10-14-2012, 08:51 PM
Not likely if you take in the context of the first sentence. Besides have you ever imagined how you look to a two year old and what "open handed swat" looks like to them? You are 10 times their size power and an authority figure. They don't know if you will escalate the situation or not.

Well, I didn't write it so I'll leave it up to Tod to parse it out. But we clearly have two different takes on in.

By the way, if my 34 year old son got to disrespecting me too much I would probably knock his ass out of the chair too. But it doesn't happen.

silverhandorder
10-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Well, I didn't write it so I'll leave it up to Tod to parse it out. But we clearly have two different takes on in.

By the way, if my 34 year old son got to disrespecting me too much I would probably knock his ass out of the chair too. But it doesn't happen.

You are a violent individual then. How can you attack someone for mere words is beyond me.

Origanalist
10-14-2012, 09:10 PM
You are a violent individual then. How can you attack someone for mere words is beyond me.

Sigh, well, it would take a lot of "mere" words. But yes, there is a tipping point. Sooner or later it would be found, but like I said it doesn't happen. And for someone my age, if I was a violent person, you would think that I would have a criminal record of such. Strangely enough, there is none. :eek:

We seem to have grown up in different worlds my freind, in mine you could only run your mouth for so long or antagonize someone so much before you got some "blowback".

Mr. Perfidy
10-14-2012, 09:31 PM
haha yeah that's a funny thing to say ("You are a violent individual then. How can you attack someone for mere words is beyond me.")

when I read it I thought "haha i want to punch him."

It does not have to be. I probably would not want a law outlawing spanking. I am more interested in changing people's morals then in forcing them to change at the point of a gun.

I think that is what we are discovering through these discussions, that there is a Liberty current that is authoritarian in nature and wants to change the laws because fundamentally it views the law as permission for what is and is not acceptable to themselves and their communities, while there is a counter-current that rejects authority because of its implicit invitations for abuse.

angelatc
10-14-2012, 09:40 PM

I forgot about this until I read Tod's quote, but he made me remember this: once when I was a kid we had Christmas at my Aunt's house. My cousin, who was probably 6 or 7 at the time, started mouthing off to his Mom, swearing at her, calling her a white n*gg*r sl*t - the whole family was in shock. She tried to put him in the corner, and he let loose with another tirade, so my uncle (her brother) got up and yanked him outside. I don't know what happened, but he was crying like a little girl when he came back.

Origanalist
10-14-2012, 09:52 PM
I forgot about this until I read Tod's quote, but he made me remember this: once when I was a kid we had Christmas at my Aunt's house. My cousin, who was probably 6 or 7 at the time, started mouthing off to his Mom, swearing at her, calling her a white n*gg*r sl*t - the whole family was in shock. She tried to put him in the corner, and he let loose with another tirade, so my uncle (her brother) got up and yanked him outside. I don't know what happened, but he was crying like a little girl when he came back.

Amazing how that works, I'm sure he just gave him a good talking to.

Origanalist
10-14-2012, 09:55 PM
I think that is what we are discovering through these discussions, that there is a Liberty current that is authoritarian in nature and wants to change the laws because fundamentally it views the law as permission for what is and is not acceptable to themselves and their communities, while there is a counter-current that rejects authority because of its implicit invitations for abuse.

I would say you are spot on.

haha yeah that's a funny thing to say ("You are a violent individual then. How can you attack someone for mere words is beyond me.")

when I read it I thought "haha i want to punch him."

Not my reaction, I just think he's led a rather sheltered life maybe.

angelatc
10-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Not my reaction, I just think he's led a rather sheltered life maybe.

When you're young, you can be under the impression that all people (kids included) want to do the right thing all the time...and all they need is a little gentle guidance.

angelatc
10-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Amazing how that works, I'm sure he just gave him a good talking to.

I don't know what happened outside, but my uncle was still fired up when he got back. I remember him "explaining" that nobody was going to talk about his sister like that, especially when he was standing there.

Origanalist
10-14-2012, 10:01 PM
When you're young, you can be under the impression that all people (kids included) want to do the right thing all the time...and all they need is a little gentle guidance.

Rainbows and lolipops. :)

Mr. Perfidy
10-14-2012, 10:18 PM
So not one, "I second that: rape is a cruel and unusual punishment"?

angelatc
10-14-2012, 10:21 PM

Guess we're not liberals. Go figure.

mad cow
10-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Mr. P or anyone else here,can you point me to any thread where anyone has claimed that they would experience any fun from hitting their kid or disciplining him in any matter whatsoever?
Would they be the infiltration people you have so far failed to point out?

Origanalist
10-14-2012, 10:22 PM

I guess that depends entirely on who did what to whom.

angelatc
10-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Mr. P or anyone else here,can you point me to any thread where anyone has claimed that they would experience any fun from hitting their kid or disciplining him in any matter whatsoever?
Would they be the infiltration people you have so far failed to point out?

He pointed me out in another thread.

Mr. Perfidy
10-14-2012, 11:19 PM
no I mean, and said this- infiltration as in, GOP people, and r3volution as people who want a new party

Mr. Perfidy
10-14-2012, 11:20 PM
and wow we better hope that anyone not in the movement sees this thread...

how can you not say that rape is cruel and unusual punishment?!

where are the sane people in the forums?

man is truth
11-19-2012, 12:16 PM
lol