PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Marijuana Bill 2 Remove Federal Level Criminalization - 8 Reasons It Makes Sense

sailingaway
10-12-2012, 10:08 AM
http://www.policymic.com/articles/16255/ron-paul-legalize-marijuana-bill-8-reasons-why-it-makes-sense

scottditzen
10-12-2012, 12:15 PM
http://www.policymic.com/articles/16255/ron-paul-legalize-marijuana-bill-8-reasons-why-it-makes-sense

Bravo!

adisongrace
10-12-2012, 02:10 PM
The war on drugs has failed and there is no basis to keep it criminalized. Other
than the 1% making profit from Cartel deals.

sailingaway
10-12-2012, 02:12 PM
The war on drugs has failed and there is no basis to keep it criminalized. Other
than the 1% making profit from Cartel deals.

I live in southern California and cartels have literally taken over small, poor, towns per some (very little) news on it. They are elected in, if they are the big employer, quite democratically,apparently.

I definitely think it should be legalized, and I don't even smoke.

Not to mention that locking people up for this but releasing other criminals from prison by court order because they are so overcrowded makes absolutely no sense.

opal
10-12-2012, 02:33 PM
HR 2306
time to start shooting off emails again
gotta get this sucker out of comittee

CaseyCBenn
10-12-2012, 03:33 PM
What I think people find most surprising is that most people in the liberty movement wouldn't even really be signing up to start using marijuana or any other drug for that matter if the laws change.

Its the principle that makes me want the law to change. I even have a young boy who would live in that possible world as teenager in the next decade.

This principle is that if you allow people to decide for themselves they will no longer feel the need to rebel or resist. Also that if people have a problem that they want to fix they will no longer feel threatened to try and get help since there will be no incrimination for the more serious drugs.

Its amazing that self regulation is one of the scariest concepts ever considered by Statists.

sailingaway
10-12-2012, 03:40 PM
I read an article that slammed us for only being druggies wanting drug legalization. A thoughtful comment said, in part, that they should only wish drugs were the reason we support Ron Paul, that liberty is much more addicting than drugs.

adisongrace
10-12-2012, 11:51 PM
I live in southern California and cartels have literally taken over small, poor, towns per some (very little) news on it. They are elected in, if they are the big employer, quite democratically,apparently.

I definitely think it should be legalized, and I don't even smoke.

Not to mention that locking people up for this but releasing other criminals from prison by court order because they are so overcrowded makes absolutely no sense.

Exactly. Cartel regulation drugs is not only dangerous for everyday citizens, but also destroys lives.

I read an article that slammed us for only being druggies wanting drug legalization. A thoughtful comment said, in part, that they should only wish drugs were the reason we support Ron Paul, that liberty is much more addicting than drugs.

I get that all of the time by sheeple. They believe that I support the good doctor merely on his legalization stances. Which is untrue.
Regardless of my personal situation & opinion, people should have opened their minds about Dr.Paul.

ShaneEnochs
10-13-2012, 12:41 AM
I read somewhere (not sure of the credibility) that marijuana was originally criminalized because a doctor had said it made white women attracted to black men. Has anyone else heard that?

GunnyFreedom
10-13-2012, 12:44 AM
HR 2306
time to start shooting off emails again
gotta get this sucker out of comittee

I wholeheartedly agree, and I will be doing likewise.

but

good luck with that.

Just sayin.

ShaneEnochs
10-13-2012, 12:45 AM
If this thing passes and is signed into law, would those who have been imprisoned on marijuana charges be freed?

tod evans
10-13-2012, 04:28 AM
I read somewhere (not sure of the credibility) that marijuana was originally criminalized because a doctor had said it made white women attracted to black men. Has anyone else heard that?

Reefer Madness. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reefer_Madness)

opal
10-13-2012, 04:52 AM
If this thing passes and is signed into law, would those who have been imprisoned on marijuana charges be freed?

now I am only half way into my first cup of coffee, so I could be wrong, but I do seem to recall that in the text of the bill, or maybe it was in the summary .. that there would be a crap load of freed up jail space for actual violent crime perps - so much so that the private prison system would lose tons of money.. yeah.. I guess that wouldn't have been in bill text but in the cause and effect dept.
The letters I sent to all 3 - generated from that site - had an option mentioning seniors (good points too) and since I live in god's waiting room - a big portion of the voting mass here is that constituancy (spell much opal) geeze.
I actually got bot responses from Rubio's office and Miller's office - not Nelson though *eye roll*

Tudo
10-13-2012, 07:30 AM
Making sense has nothing to do with it. The Mafia has to do with it and no I don't mean the Italians in brooklyn. They're small potatoes anyway.

PLEASE just TRY to find a copy of the Palermo Connection with James Belushi. They showed it a couple times on tv many years ago and then it disappeared. Now it's apparently "in Italian" and not the Palermo Connection.

The money they make from keeping it illegal can never be made up by legalization. Do you realize they are able to steal 50 g's a year to house each inmate? Plus all the seizures? What do you think REALLY happens to all the drugs that are seized? WHO do you think was responsible for the periodic herion "epidemics" we read about? Do you really think it's not the government?

tangent4ronpaul
10-13-2012, 09:38 AM

It was banned because DuPont invented a new fiber called nylon and their lobbyists didn't want competition from hemp as a fiber.

here is the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpgWAAmVwDM&feature=player_embedded

-t

Tudo
10-13-2012, 10:52 AM
President Paul

Mundane
10-13-2012, 10:56 AM
Now it's apparently "in Italian" and not the Palermo Connection.

Dimenticare Palermo

QuickZ06
10-13-2012, 11:08 AM
It wil never be legalized in our country, too many interests depend on the "war on drugs". Its all sick.

QuickZ06
10-13-2012, 11:10 AM
It was banned because DuPont invented a new fiber called nylon and their lobbyists didn't want competition from hemp as a fiber.

here is the vid:

-t

But don't worry once we spark up more wars the overlords will call for hemp farmers to the rescue, then make it illegal to grow again after the nation building is over.

sailingaway
10-13-2012, 11:43 AM

here is the vid:

-t

the oil industry didn't want competition either from hemp oil, which is what the Model T was originally built to run on, then the oil companies started getting subsidies so the new hemp market couldn't compete.

Tudo
10-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Dimenticare Palermo

Bingo. And when I saw it the first time " on television" it was The Palermo Connection and because it was belushi, kept waiting for a punch line until it became clear right quick this was no commedy. You can maybe still get a copy on VHS. I have one.:) Is there a machine I can buy that will let me burn a dvd of the vhs tape????

Tudo
10-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Asprins eat your stomach lining for fun along with a lot of other things. How many people would reach instead for a natural product that didn't have those negative effects? A gazillion a day? No, this is far far beyond anything even remotely considerate of us as human beings. The bastards who have enacted and support these evil laws deserve the gallows.

adisongrace
10-13-2012, 06:46 PM

That has been a rumor... I don't know the validity on that.
But here is a link talking about the criminalization
lobbies by the lumber industry in the interest of keeping their monopolies.

http://www.thc-ministry.net/untoldstory/hemp_5.html

GeorgiaAvenger
10-13-2012, 06:54 PM
I don't see why hemp and marijuana would be banned for the same reasons. They cannot be grown together because cross pollination will destroy both of the plants genetically.

Whereas perhaps the clothing and energy industries wanted hemp banned, the tobacco and alcohol industries wanted marijuana banned.

James Madison
10-13-2012, 06:56 PM
That has been a rumor... I don't know the validity on that.
But here is a link talking about the criminalization
lobbies by the lumber industry in the interest of keeping their monopolies.

http://www.thc-ministry.net/untoldstory/hemp_5.html

Promoted by none other than the 'father of yellow journalism', William Randolph Hurst, most famous for his role in 'supplying' the Spanish-American War.

Mundane
10-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Bingo. And when I saw it the first time " on television" it was The Palermo Connection and because it was belushi, kept waiting for a punch line until it became clear right quick this was no commedy. You can maybe still get a copy on VHS. I have one.:) Is there a machine I can buy that will let me burn a dvd of the vhs tape????

I don't know about that. If you find out, I'd be interested in buying a burned copy from you. My Italian father got a head start in the New World in that industry and I'm interested in learning more about it.

Mundane
10-13-2012, 07:56 PM
double post deleted

opal
10-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Tudo.. the down and dirty method of getting a vid to the puter

aim a webcam at the tv.. record

won't be great quality but it will be saved and shareable