PDA

View Full Version : TN LP Senate Candidate Dr Shaun Crowell out fundraising the Dem against Bailout Bob Corker

BarryDonegan
10-11-2012, 02:27 PM
TN's Libertarian Party Senate candidate has out fund-raised the Democratic Party's candidate by thousands, and is second behind "bailout" Bob Corker, the fed's best friend, in fundraising. Since the TN Democratic Party's executive committee has disavowed their own party's candidate, Crowell has a unique shot to make an impact in TN.

Check out his website at:

http://www.shauncrowell.com/

If you'd like to make a contribution, check out the link below! He's already raised more funds than any LP senate candidate nationwide.

https://secure.piryx.com/donate/7q7NscKk/Dr-Shaun-Crowell-for-U-S-Senate

jbauer
10-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Gonna have to get around the 70%ish that will vote for bail out bob because of the R thingy infront of his name. I like Shaun though his stuff is all over the place here.

Jumbo Shrimp
10-11-2012, 03:12 PM
This sucks because the Democratic candidate is actually a great liberty candidate.

LP fucking sucks.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-11-2012, 03:26 PM
No, support the Democrat!

GeorgiaAvenger
10-11-2012, 04:01 PM
I just emailed a bunch of TN Tea Party groups to vote for Clayton. Might be too late to get momentum for him, but worth a try.

Smart3
10-11-2012, 04:02 PM
The dem is a homophobe. Dr Shaun Crowell for the win!

RonPaulFanInGA
10-11-2012, 04:03 PM
No, support the Democrat!

No, save your money! Neither of those two have a snowball's chance in Hell of winning.

GeorgiaAvenger
10-11-2012, 04:05 PM
No, save your money! Neither of those two have a snowball's chance in Hell of winning.I wasn't necessarily saying donate. Clayton has no real campaign. That said, vote for him.

Jumbo Shrimp
10-11-2012, 04:08 PM
The dem is a homophobe. Dr Shaun Crowell for the win!

Mark Clayton is a great candidate. Calling him a "homophobe" is nothing more than slander. Just because he doesn't agree with your views on homosexual "marriage" and lifestyle.

kathy88
10-11-2012, 04:48 PM
The libertarian guy kinda creeps me out.

Smart3
10-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Mark Clayton is a great candidate. Calling him a "homophobe" is nothing more than slander. Just because he doesn't agree with your views on homosexual "marriage" and lifestyle.
They aren't my views, they're reality. Sorry that I want a candidate who has a brain.

kathy88
10-11-2012, 04:54 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z173/stealthamo/Other/disgonbgud.gif

Keith and stuff
10-11-2012, 05:10 PM
No, save your money! Neither of those two have a snowball's chance in Hell of winning.

Lol. Very likely true. Are there any liberty candidates running in TN in winnable races? If I was in TN, that's who I would consider supporting.

As for voting, I'd vote for the LP person.

Smart3
10-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Lol. Very likely true. Are there any liberty candidates running in TN in winnable races? If I was in TN, that's who I would consider supporting.

As for voting, I'd vote for the LP person.
Thom Gray is the only one I'm aware of.

FSP-Rebel
10-11-2012, 07:43 PM
I see many of the local tea parties are lining up behind Crowell in spite of Corker, that's decent. How much has this guy raised and what is he spending it on in particular? Is there any network of activists canvassing for him or is this the same ole 'go to a tea party meeting' then don't do jack shit?

BSU kid
10-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Two liberty candidates running against each other is stupid.

Jumbo Shrimp
10-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Two liberty candidates running against each other is stupid.

The LP party is stupid. They'll never win anything.

Matt Collins
10-11-2012, 09:09 PM
I know Crowell personally and he is a very good man.

BarryDonegan
10-12-2012, 07:47 AM
I see many of the local tea parties are lining up behind Crowell in spite of Corker, that's decent. How much has this guy raised and what is he spending it on in particular? Is there any network of activists canvassing for him or is this the same ole 'go to a tea party meeting' then don't do jack shit?

I don't have FEC filings on me, but Shaun's raised closed to $50,000 so far, has a headquarters, has lots of activists doing work for him, and has earned the endorsement of nearly every rural county tea party in the state. He's outraised nearly every other LP candidate nationwide save for one governor's race and Gary Johnson. The Democrat, having been disavowed by his own party, may get record low support. GOP activists don't like Corker, and Corker is not campaigning and spending next to nothing on the general election, skipping every event (that's one reason why Shaun is racking up endorsements -- Corker is offending everyone by not showing up). This is a rare opportunity. Even if Shaun doesn't win outright, the chance that he gets a historic vote percentage is higher than nearly any other third party race in the nation right now. The LP beating the Democratic Party in a state wide race is a major thing in and of itself, and, though beating Corker is an uphill battle, anything can happen in the last weeks of an election, and he's got a solid enough campaign to capitalize and dial it in if breaking news goes our way.

Also, to those calling Mark Clayton a liberty candidate, as someone who has watched him give several speeches, there is nothing pro-Liberty about his candidacy. All he talks about are his efforts to stop a "radical homosexual agenda," and meanwhile he hints that he might support Obama. He's all over the place, and his own party disavowed him for his extreme rhetoric on that issue.

BarryDonegan
10-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Customary blimp for freedom. :)

Keith and stuff
10-12-2012, 03:44 PM
I know Crowell personally and he is a very good man.

The Collins seal of approve is good enough for me!

BarryDonegan
10-12-2012, 03:46 PM
The Collins seal of approve is good enough for me!

That's the power of a The Collins bump =D

BarryDonegan
10-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Gonna have to get around the 70%ish that will vote for bail out bob because of the R thingy infront of his name. I like Shaun though his stuff is all over the place here.

Bailout Bob is spending nothing on this race this time, though, and he has skipped all the tea party and GOP functions. I don't see him getting that much support. The Dem got disavowed by the party, so an independent could break out and possibly beat the Dem this time at a minimum, which would be worth it, and if Corker faces a scandal or a political headwind coming into the election, Crowell's campaign is strong enough to capitalize.