PDA

View Full Version : Effective Immediately... [Ron Paul email]

sailingaway
10-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Weirdly, there is no letterhead at all on Ron's email, the letterhead doesn't come until over Tate's email.

With the end of a busy year behind me, I wanted to make sure I sent you this note with an important announcement: Effective immediately, I am returning as the Honorary Chairman of Campaign for Liberty.

And I will do so at our most critical juncture in years, with important decisions that must be made at once.

Of course, I believe the liberty movement has a critical role to play in 2012, and there are several important places where you and I simply must be involved.

But as you'll see from the message below from Campaign for Liberty President John Tate, November 6 is far from the only thing you and I have on our plate!

In fact, Campaign for Liberty is facing some absolutely critical decisions in the next few days, and they're counting on your advice during this crucial time.

That's why I hope you'll please take a few minutes to read every word of John's message, fill out your C4L Membership Directive, and - if possible - agree to your most generous support.

Please don't take this lightly!

These decisions could have ramifications that last for years - not weeks or months - so please give this your most careful consideration.

And remember, time is very short, so it's critical you act IMMEDIATELY!

For Liberty,

http://www.chooseliberty.org/Images/RP_sig.jpg
Ron Paul

The crux of Tate's email is that money is not coming in, and they are going to have to cut programs, unless funding comes in, that they want to do a big push behind Ron's audit the fed and other stuff, awful bills are in the works to be rammed through after the election, and they want to know what is most important to C4L members, and would also like some money:

http://www.chooseliberty.org/images/MD_click.jpg
Link to survey here --> http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/9949388:13411087110:m:1:170779741:CB81C77E55CD979D 37431C90E7C5058A:r

I'm thinking Ron does need money for C4L, but people are acting as in Hunger Games (finally read the book) where the mentor only sent stuff when she did what he wanted and would send a little to show she was on the right track. Ron is speaking at two colleges this month, and sending this under Ron saying he is back are to me on the right track, for that part.

Anyhow, I'll look at the survey.

eleganz
10-11-2012, 04:23 PM
I answered the general election, first option.

Just based on the amount of people I think are tapped out dry from donating so much already, I didn't choose 'FIGHT THEM ALL' plus I didn't donate myself as my financial situation is strapped for business but will continue to donate my time.

ronpaulfollower999
10-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I got this in the mail a few days ago. They wanted $300, but I don't even have $300 in my bank account.

Jumbo Shrimp
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I got this in the mail a few days ago. They wanted $300, but I don't even have $300 in my bank account.

I have $0.61 in my checking account right now. Don't get paid till the 15th. At least I have food in the fridge, gas in the car, and the utilities are paid.

VIDEODROME
10-11-2012, 05:53 PM
College student budget. I'm tapped out.

coffeewithgames
10-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Congratulations on wasting $40+ million. Stop acting like you need more $$$$ already C4L. It's a joke. You up and quit basically an entire year, so you could keep paychecks with a campaign. If C4L was important, you wouldn't vacate nearly every single seat/position, because of a campaign that wasn't "in it to win it". That's dishonest, IMO.

I hope they enjoy the phone calls asking why they didn't attack Romney with a single Romney only TV attack ad during the campaign. Afterall, apparently when I visit RonPaul2012.com, I'm supposed to call the people at C4L for campaign questions since that's where I'm redirected.

As for, "I'm thinking Ron does need money for C4L, but people are acting as in Hunger Games (finally read the book)", did you read the entire series, or just the first book?

sailingaway
10-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Congratulations on wasting $40+ million. Stop acting like you need more $$$$ already C4L. It's a joke. You up and quit basically an entire year, so you could keep paychecks with a campaign. If C4L was important, you wouldn't vacate nearly every single seat/position, because of a campaign that wasn't "in it to win it". That's dishonest, IMO.

I hope they enjoy the phone calls asking why they didn't attack Romney with a single Romney only TV attack ad during the campaign. Afterall, apparently when I visit RonPaul2012.com, I'm supposed to call the people at C4L for campaign questions since that's where I'm redirected.

As for, "I'm thinking Ron does need money for C4L, but people are acting as in Hunger Games (finally read the book)", did you read the entire series, or just the first book?

I read all three.

coffeewithgames
10-11-2012, 06:29 PM
I read all three.

Book 3, on the propaganda shots, editing, and the "Panem et Circense" was the best part I thought. I couldn't believe the author mentioned, even explained, Panem et Circenses in the book. I started a brief video collection after that for a piece on it, never finished it though.

sailingaway
10-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Yeah, it had definite parallels. But I wasn't surprised they discussed it, I assumed that was the point. The general consensus is that Huxley's Brave New World rather than Orwell's 1984 triumphed, but I think they both did.

dannno
10-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Wow, current congress or next congress? That's a tough choice..

If Obama wins but loses house seats, they may try and ram through some stuff before the next session. Otherwise I might be more scared of the new congress.

If Romney wins and gets house seats, Obama and the current congress may try to sneak through some stuff before he leaves but then what happens with our civil liberties and foreign policy in the new congress??

MelissaCato
10-11-2012, 07:59 PM
I voted the last option (don't give an inch !!). :cool:

The Free Hornet
10-11-2012, 09:14 PM
C4L lost my support with their internet "manifesto" which read like a defense of government patents and government copyright (indefinitely and retroactively extended). Businesses should negotiate with customers, not congress. A lot of the original was removed so I won't be providing a link (my old bookmark (http://www.campaignforliberty.org/profile/14524/blog/2012/07/05/c4l-introduces-technology-revolution) doesn't work).