PDA

View Full Version : Copper Thief found hanging from Electrical Pole in Detriot

Joey Fuller
10-11-2012, 08:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yo3U8W2yZ8

The rising prices for precious metals such as copper, silver, and gold has created a deadly incentive for thieves. A depressed economy and an unstable dollar are contributing to the rising trend of copper wire theft.

A sign of the times? Detroit looks like a war zone...

http://www.tennesseesonsofliberty.com/2012/10/copper-thief-found-hanging-from.html

Aratus
10-11-2012, 08:34 AM
dude used cutters to clip a live wire?

coastie
10-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Lol, serves him right. Good riddance.

We had a guy around here die the same way, trying to steal the copper out of an A/C unit. Almost set the whole house on fire when he lit up.

Fuck, I'd take my chances robbing a bank before I'd ever fuck with that much electricity.(not that I'd ever do either, just saying, I abhor thievery, and LOVE when justice is served to them, especially when it's this poetic.).

Roxi
10-11-2012, 09:33 AM
FWIW - the copper stealing epidemic was happening 8 years ago. It's not a new thing.

coastie
10-11-2012, 09:39 AM
FWIW - the copper stealing epidemic was happening 8 years ago. It's not a new thing.

Been happening even longer than that....

Roxi
10-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Been happening even longer than that....

Not surprised, I found out about it in 2006, but knew it had been happening a while before that. Just didn't know how long. In KC people have to put serious cages around their A/C units or they get stolen.

coastie
10-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Not surprised, I found out about it in 2006, but knew it had been happening a while before that. Just didn't know how long. In KC people have to put serious cages around their A/C units or they get stolen.

We had to lock up all of our stuff at all times when I did A/C work with a roommate...in the mid 90's. It really started picking up back then, then tapered off somewhat, then exploded again in the early/late 2000's. Sign of the times.

seyferjm
10-11-2012, 10:35 AM
This happened earlier this year by me when some nut tried to climb an electrical substation.

FindLiberty
10-11-2012, 10:54 AM
The live-copper-wire theft problem even appears to self-regulate itself by invoking the Darwinian lightning effect to automatically adjust for optimum supply and demand factors. Higher voltage correlates to lower I.Q.

tod evans
10-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Walk into a bank with a note......you're guaranteed an all expense paid vacation to club fed....Free medical and dental and almost no chance of having your door kicked in and crazy people pointing automatic weapons in your face...

Lol, serves him right. Good riddance.

We had a guy around here die the same way, trying to steal the copper out of an A/C unit. Almost set the whole house on fire when he lit up.

Fuck, I'd take my chances robbing a bank before I'd ever fuck with that much electricity.(not that I'd ever do either, just saying, I abhor thievery, and LOVE when justice is served to them, especially when it's this poetic.).

tod evans
10-11-2012, 04:15 PM
The live-copper-wire theft problem even appears to self-regulate itself by invoking the Darwinian lightning effect to automatically adjust for optimum supply and demand factors. Higher voltage correlates to lower I.Q.

7200v main wires are 90+% aluminum....

John F Kennedy III
10-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Walk into a bank with a note......you're guaranteed an all expense paid vacation to club fed....Free medical and dental and almost no chance of having your door kicked in and crazy people pointing automatic weapons in your face...

And decades in a prison cell with a 6'8 black dude named Bubba with a Pringles can penis.

tod evans
10-11-2012, 04:40 PM
And decades in a prison cell with a 6'8 black dude named Bubba with a Pringles can penis.

Something tells me that some dude steeling live wire has already sucked all the dick he could get paid for.....

coastie
10-11-2012, 04:50 PM

You clearly must've have not read my whole statement, the part that says (not that I'd ever do either...)

I'm well aware of what happens when you rob a bank, thanks.

tod evans
10-11-2012, 04:53 PM
You clearly must've have not read my whole statement, the part that says (not that I'd ever do either...)

I'm well aware of what happens when you rob a bank, thanks.

Wasn't talking about you.........sorry!

Talking about folks who climb after live wires....

John F Kennedy III
10-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Something tells me that some dude steeling live wire has already sucked all the dick he could get paid for.....

Lol I'm sure you're right.

QuickZ06
10-11-2012, 10:43 PM

YOLO......